The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

how can anyone think that Webers actions are on the same level as Bitz. All I know is if someone was trying to ram my face into a solid object, such as the glass, I wouldn't have any trouble thinking that person intended to seriouly injure me. Especially if the president of the league is watching. And lets face facts, assman, i mean bettman knew all those boo's were for him when he handed Chara that cup, and not the bruins, even tho we dispised them, we hated bettman even more, and if he knows anything in this world, he knows Vancouver hates him vehemently. So DON'T, I mean DON'T, ever expect a fair shack from any of buttheads lakeys, it's never gonna happen.

They hate it cause the Swedes do not react or fall for the bait. They just take it and that frustrates guys like Weber. He should have been suspended though. Theres differents standards for different players or teams no doubt.

Again, comparing a shove with 1 arm vs a full body check :rolleyes:. if you guys think that Weber's push was more "dangerous" than Bitz full body check, then you need to get your highschool diploma.

How about you strap on a helmet, and let someone slam your head into a wall with just his arm. Next, let that same friend run at you while driving his shoulder into you head.

Agree with both Bitz suspension and the weber call. Even though Weber's push to the head was malicious, it wasn't anything that would seriously injure someone with a helmet.

What is worse, pushing a player's head into the boards who has a helmet or hitting a guys head into the boards with your body at a decent speed?

Archived