The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

Guest The Brown Burrows

2 seems fair but it should have been 3.

Shea Weber should have gotten 4 for his antics.

Double standard , injury shouldn't matter , its the intent that matters.

Guest BuckFoston

Oh here comes the Weber whambulence. Yes, the lack of suspension for him is rather shocking to say the least. But that doesn't mean Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, because he did 100%.

I am glad that at least someone got punished for their idiotic play. Sure, Weber should've gotten the same suspension, but I rather have Shan get at least one suspension right instead of letting everyone off the hook. It just so happens that Bitz got it this time. And because he is on our team we are here getting angry about it.

So people think since Weber got nothing, Bitz should get nothing? That kind of thinking is no good either.

Oh here comes the Weber whambulence. Yes, the lack of suspension for him is rather shocking to say the least. But that doesn't mean Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, because he did 100%.

I am glad that at least someone got punished for their idiotic play. Sure, Weber should've gotten the same suspension, but I rather have Shan get at least one suspension right instead of letting everyone off the hook. It just so happens that Bitz got it this time. And because he is on our team we are here getting angry about it.

So people think since Weber got nothing, Bitz should get nothing? That kind of thinking is no good either.

Weber - $2500 fine

Keith - 5 regular season games and a 2 min penalty

Bitz - 2 playoff games and a 5 min penalty and game misconduct

Rome - 4 stanley cup playoff games and a 5 min penalty and game misconduct

I agree with Bitz getting suspended but how is it that he gets 2 playoff games, when his hit was a hockey play (a dirty play but a hockey play none the less) and Keith and Weber deliberately tried to injure someone. Incomprehensible.

Reasonable in my opinion. Bitz had enough time to stop and play the puck.

As for the Weber incident if you look at the replay the head smash isn't as bad as it is portrayed to be, maybe deserved a game suspension nothing more.

Anyway I wanted Ebbett or Weise and even Reinprecht before Bitz...

NHL showing double standards by suspending a 4th line guy but not suspending a star player. Apparently it's not that big a deal to smash a guys head against the boards with your hands with obvious intent to injure.

Bitz does a high hit and that's worse that purposely grabbing a guy's head and smashing it against the boards??

ok fine fair enough but when is shanahan going to get it right?

he has no testicles to make a good decision.....he has really dissapointed with the length of suspensions for all teams the whole year, if i were a detroit fan i would be major pissed about weber

Pathetic. IMO Bitz deserves to be suspended, but so does Weber. Weber deserves a longer suspension the Bitz does because it was a deliberate attack to the head. There was no "heat of the moment" like the Bitz hit. Just Pathetic NHL. How do expect to crack down on head shots when you throw out a measly 2500 fine. What a joke

Archived