The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

Oh here comes the Weber whambulence. Yes, the lack of suspension for him is rather shocking to say the least. But that doesn't mean Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, because he did 100%.

I am glad that at least someone got punished for their idiotic play. Sure, Weber should've gotten the same suspension, but I rather have Shan get at least one suspension right instead of letting everyone off the hook. It just so happens that Bitz got it this time. And because he is on our team we are here getting angry about it.

So people think since Weber got nothing, Bitz should get nothing? That kind of thinking is no good either.

I think the opposite argument is actually true if you look at it objectively.

Bitz was engaging Clifford and there hadn't been any recent action between the two.

Weber was clearly reacting angrily to what he thought was a cheap shot from behind into the boards with 2 seconds left to play in the game when it was entirely unnecessary to delivery the hit. It was totally in the "heat of the moment" as you put it, and I suspect that was part of the rationale in him not getting suspended.

Guest BuckFoston

umm from the comments I'm reading people figure Bitz deserved it, I am one I then. But weber whambulance? Thanx for your input. Still doesn't make Shanahans decision right idiot

I didn't say that it was. By pointing out the double standards, people make it sound that if Weber gets off so should Bitz. Either everyone gets it or no one gets it. All I said that it was a wrong way to think, nothing more.

Save your "idiot" comments for someone else. Say it to a strangers face instead, see if you get your teeth knocked out.

I didn't say that it was. By pointing out the double standards, people make it sound that if Weber gets off so should Bitz. Either everyone gets it or no one gets it. All I said that it was a wrong way to think, nothing more.

Save your "idiot" comments for someone else. Say it to a strangers face instead, see if you get your teeth knocked out.

I guess it's somewhere in the area i expected.. Im a little surprised so many ppl are ready to throw Bitz under the bus. Id still like to see more from him once his suspension is over. Bad hits are going to happen but ill take Bitz over Weise any day of the week.

Archived