The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

If the Vancouver Canucks didn't play in the NHL I would have less than 0 % interest in it. The league is a punch-line. I think they're trying to be funny, no other logical situation for such stupidity in the treatment of these two incidents. Weber's was malicious and outright dangerous. Bitz got too agressive and crossed the line but he was not trying to hurt Kyle Clifford. As much as I liked Brendan Shanahan as a player, all these ex-players in high-ranking positions have taken way too many pucks to the head. Or Bettman and his buddy owners are all pulling the strings. Who cares I say? Let's enjoy loving our Canucks and stick it to em!

I'm going to follow the rest of the Canucks series on the message boards with you guys, my fellow Canuck supporters. I refuse to support CBC or give the NHL playoffs television ratings and support this farce. What has happened to our beloved NHL in the last 8-10 years? I'd dearly love to watch the Canucks play, but I just can't enjoy it anymore because of the media, the guys that run this s--t-show and all the fabricated anti-Canuck propaganda. Bitz may have done wrong, but there's no way what he did was as bad as what Weber did, no way. Go Canucks! Best fans in the world!

$7,500,000/4900ish minutes in the regular season = $1 524.00/minute

Which means that if you're going to choose to kadonk a guy's head off the boards, do it at the 20 minute mark of the third.

Making him serve 2 minutes to start the next game would've punished him more than a $2500 fine.

(ftr, I figured Bitz deserved 1-2 games)

Good call on Bitz. On George the Animal Weber and throwing Zetterberg's head into the turnbuckle, not so much! Oh how I thought it might be different with Shanahan.

I thought they might send out a "What's Not Charging? " video today and show the Kassian and Lapierre penalties. Guess not?

Sooner we get Gary butman out the better. That little weasle was at the Nashville game to boot. The Canucks will always get screwed. We and most of the other Canadian hockey teams will never win a stanley cup with this little rat face at the helm.

Bitz' suspension was not long enough, IMO.

If Romer got 4 for being a little late on Horton last year, Bitz should have received at least 4, if not more for his hit.

Weber deserves at least 4 for his actions, too. The sucker punch was bad enough... add in the L-Kabong! of Zetterburg's head off the glass and you have intent to injure and 2 direct blows to the head.

On another note, our 4th line was terrible until the Bitz hit anyways. Where is Understand and all the Bitz fanboys now? Kassian looks lost and out of place, too. He needs some time in Chicago next year to work on some hockey tactics.

:towel::canucks:

Maybe it is too simple to work, but the use of 5 words by Shanahan while he decides if a suspension is warranted and how long a suspension needs to be... some that he already uses "intent to injure", "caused injury" and "repeat offender" so why not use "potential to cause serious injury" more often. Sometimes it is plain luck that saves a player from suffering serious injury. Better yet, take the Shanahan equation right out of it. Fighting is an automatic 5 minutes. Smashing someones head into the glass where the head was first point of contact, or a brutal elbow to the head - automatic 3 games, injury or not. Where serious injury is caused, a suspension equal to the injured players missed games in addition to the 3, and so on. If the guys know there are serious consequenses for dumb ass plays like these, maybe they won't happen as often.

Archived