Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
211 replies to this topic

#61 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Oh here comes the Weber whambulence. Yes, the lack of suspension for him is rather shocking to say the least. But that doesn't mean Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, because he did 100%.

I am glad that at least someone got punished for their idiotic play. Sure, Weber should've gotten the same suspension, but I rather have Shan get at least one suspension right instead of letting everyone off the hook. It just so happens that Bitz got it this time. And because he is on our team we are here getting angry about it.

So people think since Weber got nothing, Bitz should get nothing? That kind of thinking is no good either.

umm from the comments I'm reading people figure Bitz deserved it, I am one I then. But weber whambulance? Thanx for your input. Still doesn't make Shanahans decision right idiot

#62 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Weber should have been way smarter, too...

I'm quite surprised he didn't get suspended. He should have though. He got away this time but the next time he does it again, I'm sure he will be looking at a suspension.

#63 lifelong

lifelong

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Kibbles and Bitz.....

#64 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think the opposite argument is actually true if you look at it objectively.

Bitz was engaging Clifford and there hadn't been any recent action between the two.

Weber was clearly reacting angrily to what he thought was a cheap shot from behind into the boards with 2 seconds left to play in the game when it was entirely unnecessary to delivery the hit. It was totally in the "heat of the moment" as you put it, and I suspect that was part of the rationale in him not getting suspended.

I keep watching. I see no cheap shot on Weber....

#65 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

umm from the comments I'm reading people figure Bitz deserved it, I am one I then. But weber whambulance? Thanx for your input. Still doesn't make Shanahans decision right idiot

I didn't say that it was. By pointing out the double standards, people make it sound that if Weber gets off so should Bitz. Either everyone gets it or no one gets it. All I said that it was a wrong way to think, nothing more.

Save your "idiot" comments for someone else. Say it to a strangers face instead, see if you get your teeth knocked out.

#66 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

A fair suspension. I actually don't mind the hit early in the series. It gives Sutter and the Kings something to think about. Together with the borderline hits from Lappy and Kassian, they know that we are capable of being nasty every bit as they are.

was thinking the same thing
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#67 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I didn't say that it was. By pointing out the double standards, people make it sound that if Weber gets off so should Bitz. Either everyone gets it or no one gets it. All I said that it was a wrong way to think, nothing more.

Save your "idiot" comments for someone else. Say it to a strangers face instead, see if you get your teeth knocked out.

I would gladly say it to your face if you made that same statement in public. Gladly bud

#68 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

and what did weber get? pfft

Yes complete utter crap...and it was not his first infraction complete moron running man Shannahan I used to like now he is completely friggin insain. Webers intent was definitely there man I was pissed at what I saw him do...Shanny got it wrong...

#69 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would gladly say it to your face if you made that same statement in public. Gladly bud

Your pretty tuff on a computer man bring it on you mouthy twit...lets see you take on all of CDC

#70 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

The NHL saw a DDT a few games ago in the regular season, and yesterday Weber hitting Zetterbergs head into the glass. If WWE moves are fair, I want to see Kassian powerbomb Richards tomorrow....
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#71 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Your pretty tuff on a computer man bring it on you mouthy twit...lets see you take on all of CDC

Not gonna happen .. some folks fight with guns .. :towel:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#72 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Honestly, we should be benching Bitz for what he did, anyway. It was stupid and reckless and it cost us a goal against. The league is doing us a favor.

Lets not throw him under the bus because he overzealously finished a check.
You know the guy has to feel awful about it.
I still support ! See you Game 4 Byron.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#73 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I agree with this, makes perfect sense.

Reckless and dangerous play.

The point of all this is that we all agree what Bitz gets but how is that any different then what Weber get is a fine and a slap on the wrist for his action.

#74 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

game 2 line up

burrows-sedin-lapierre
ebbett-kesler-booth
higgins-pahlsson-hansen
raymond-malhotra-weise

hamhuis-bieksa
edler-salo
rome-tanev

one can only hope AV will make the most obvious move
Posted Image

#75 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Good to hear. You are walking down the street, talking about something, then some guy who you don't know comes up to you a calls you an idiot. What manners. I would be careful though, the yankees are pretty trigger happy these days.

#76 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

$2500 fine. Come on that's a lesson learned lol

$2500 fine is no where near 'lesson learned'. $2500 is like two cents if you're making as much as Weber.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#77 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Actually maybe to your face it seems to bother you ... Bitz should not have gotten two games he already got a game and 5 minutes.. a fine would have been fair and yes Weber had intent just as well as Bitz hit. Some how I knew it would not be fair ..sick, and tired of the NHL. Heh you even have grown men in the media chirping back and forth Gretzy was a whiner, Crosby is a whiner, Mulkin is a whiner..hell the whole Pittsburgh penguins are whiners, and Lemeiux is a whiner seriously who gives a crap...
what about Tortaliny did nt he whine about the Pittsburgh players..then we have Roenick I rest my case really sickening..

#78 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I guess it's somewhere in the area i expected.. Im a little surprised so many ppl are ready to throw Bitz under the bus. Id still like to see more from him once his suspension is over. Bad hits are going to happen but ill take Bitz over Weise any day of the week.

#79 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Two games seems fair. Hopefully this is something Bitz can learn from.

#80 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

The point of all this is that we all agree what Bitz gets but how is that any different then what Weber get is a fine and a slap on the wrist for his action.

Thats exactly right thats why everbody is downright mad...if you arent i definitely am...

#81 hardcor

hardcor

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Time to have an independant arbitrator handle league suspensions. A group that does not know the players value and worth . And hand suspensions out on pure merit. Look at each case. Look at past suspensions for such actions. And watch the NHL gain some repect. The NHL has shown no ability to control Officiating nor suspensions. And i am starting to wonder about their scheduling. This LA VAN series takes the depth advantage right out of the series.

#82 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Two games seems fair. Hopefully this is something Bitz can learn from.

Yeah I think 2,500 Weber was fined is a little steep...hope he can learn something from that

#83 AJK19

AJK19

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Talk about "double standard" NHL!!!

(and Daniel is still not back)

Posted Image

#84 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Should be the end of Clifford for this round although so far he's only out for sure for Game 2. Assuming it's the end of Clifford it's a fair suspension.

aXmDa9t.gif

#85 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

$2500 fine is no where near 'lesson learned'. $2500 is like two cents if you're making as much as Weber.

agreed

#86 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,440 posts

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You will be missed.

#87 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I guess it's somewhere in the area i expected.. Im a little surprised so many ppl are ready to throw Bitz under the bus. Id still like to see more from him once his suspension is over. Bad hits are going to happen but ill take Bitz over Weise any day of the week.

The Kumbaya crowd was looking to jump over the first mistake he made.
The type with green wigs, stickers on face and Raymond jerseys,
Bitz is our boy, he can skate , he can fight ,
its sad to watch the jackals rip our own guy for finishing a check, something we preach 24-7.
That wasn't the reason we lost the game although it didn't help.

See you Game 4 Byron , you still have lots of supporters. don't let the nancy crowd get you down.

#88 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Thats exactly right thats why everbody is downright mad...if you arent i definitely am...

Except in replying to me you said that Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, which is what everyone is apparently agreeing on. So you don't actually agree with the majority here.

#89 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

HA

#90 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Reasonable in my opinion. Bitz had enough time to stop and play the puck.

As for the Weber incident if you look at the replay the head smash isn't as bad as it is portrayed to be, maybe deserved a game suspension nothing more.

Anyway I wanted Ebbett or Weise and even Reinprecht before Bitz...

Intent knuckehead intent Have to give the preds a chance to win against Detroit...looks like Weber wears a skirt another golden halo over his head..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.