The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

Time to have an independant arbitrator handle league suspensions. A group that does not know the players value and worth . And hand suspensions out on pure merit. Look at each case. Look at past suspensions for such actions. And watch the NHL gain some repect. The NHL has shown no ability to control Officiating nor suspensions. And i am starting to wonder about their scheduling. This LA VAN series takes the depth advantage right out of the series.

Reasonable in my opinion. Bitz had enough time to stop and play the puck.

As for the Weber incident if you look at the replay the head smash isn't as bad as it is portrayed to be, maybe deserved a game suspension nothing more.

Anyway I wanted Ebbett or Weise and even Reinprecht before Bitz...

I was thinking 1-2 games for Bitz. It was a pretty cheap hit, but the NHL missed another grand opportunity to bite this problem in the a**. Weber only getting a fine is a joke. There was much more intent behind Weber slamming Z'Berg's head into the glass than Bitz's hit on Clifford. In that respect though, the NHL is consistent. They suspend based on result, not intent.

Given that Bitz got thrown out of game 1, I think 2 was a bit much. We all knew he was getting suspended, and if the officials had given him 2 minutes instead of 5 and the game like a certain Blackhawks defenseman received earlier this year :), then 2 would have been fine. Since they tossed him on the spot, 1 was enough given his lack of disciplinary history.

I was thinking 1-2 games for Bitz. It was a pretty cheap hit, but the NHL missed another grand opportunity to bite this problem in the a**. Weber only getting a fine is a joke. There was much more intent behind Weber slamming Z'Berg's head into the glass than Bitz's hit on Clifford. In that respect though, the NHL is consistent. They suspend based on result, not intent.

Given that Bitz got thrown out of game 1, I think 2 was a bit much. We all knew he was getting suspended, and if the officials had given him 2 minutes instead of 5 and the game like a certain Blackhawks defenseman received earlier this year :), then 2 would have been fine. Since they tossed him on the spot, 1 was enough given his lack of disciplinary history.

Well .... I didn't have to read all the pages on this thread to see that most opinions are similar to mine.

Came back from work and listening to the news about Bitz's suspension.

I was expecting may be ONE game for Bitz if you compare it to Weber's hit.

This league is a JOKE, a FARCE, the NHL is a MICKEY MOUSE league.

Not sure what's going on: is it conspiracy, corruption, double standard, favoritism ?

May be ALL of the above !

Oh well.... I guess we have to live with it and not much we can do about.

I'm not sure if it is a sport worth supporting when you see things of the sort happening.

I'll be supportive of the Canucks all the way this year and hopefully to a Stanley Cup !

But next year, there is NO WAY I am supporting the NHL unless there is MAJOR changes in the upper echelon of this BUSH LEAGUE.

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud

:emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: 16 WINS to go :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

Well .... I didn't have to read all the pages on this thread to see that most opinions are similar to mine.

Came back from work and listening to the news about Bitz's suspension.

I was expecting may be ONE game for Bitz if you compare it to Weber's hit.

This league is a JOKE, a FARCE, the NHL is a MICKEY MOUSE league.

Not sure what's going on: is it conspiracy, corruption, double standard, favoritism ?

May be ALL of the above !

Oh well.... I guess we have to live with it and not much we can do about.

I'm not sure if it is a sport worth supporting when you see things of the sort happening.

I'll be supportive of the Canucks all the way this year and hopefully to a Stanley Cup !

But next year, there is NO WAY I am supporting the NHL unless there is MAJOR changes in the upper echelon of this BUSH LEAGUE.

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud

:emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: 16 WINS to go :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

This is nuts, Bettmans' got himself a rubber stamp boy, Shanahan! I don't care what anyone says, it wasn't anywhere near as dirty a hit as it's being made out to be. At least not as blatant as Webers actions. The NHL has no problem suspending a Canuck though. Watch out Senators, they (NHL) don't want you in it either.

Archived