The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

According to reports, Zetterberg is fine and will play game 2. Detroit was contacted by Shanahan.

from the NHL article:

"This was a reckless and reactionary play on which Weber threw a glancing punch and then shoved Zetterberg's head into the glass," said NHL Senior Vice President of Player Safety and Hockey Operations Brendan Shanahan. "As is customary whenever Supplemental Discipline is being considered, we contacted Detroit following the game and were informed that Zetterberg did not suffer an apparent injury and should be in the lineup for Game 2.

It was the intent of that play that should have gotten Weber suspended. Injury or not. It was after the game was actually over and there was zero hockey play involved in his actions.

Oh here comes the Weber whambulence. Yes, the lack of suspension for him is rather shocking to say the least. But that doesn't mean Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, because he did 100%.

I am glad that at least someone got punished for their idiotic play. Sure, Weber should've gotten the same suspension, but I rather have Shan get at least one suspension right instead of letting everyone off the hook. It just so happens that Bitz got it this time. And because he is on our team we are here getting angry about it.

So people think since Weber got nothing, Bitz should get nothing? That kind of thinking is no good either.

Guest BuckFoston

From what i see in this thread most agree with the Bitz suspension but are disgusted that a reckless play (if you can call it that) by Weber deserved at least as many games as Bitz but gets a chincy ass fine. Bitz deserved the suspension but Weber deserved one also and never got it.

First of all, the only reason you commented on this thread was to make Canuck's fans mad. Second of all, your wrong. If you don't see that weber's intent was to injure Z and that his actions principal point of contact was the head. Then you my friend, need some glasses.

Archived