The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suggestion For Line Combinations

jonnycanuck46

***Before I start, just remember that everyone is entitiled to an opinion, and for you to disagree with another's opinion is fine. I do however, challenge you to keep an eye on your blood pressure, as certain levels of frustration caused by CDC may be too intense for the human heart to handle. Thank-you.

Just a thought regarding the lineup. I know this sounds really silly and not suitable for a professional franchise, but I had a quick thought regarding the lines.

Try to remember back to your schooling days, when team sports were much less confusing. Notice that you had a huge inclination to be paired with your friends or colleagues who's style of play complimented yours. Remember when Burrows and Kesler played together? One word- Chemistry! What do we know about those two? They're GOOD friends.

What I am saying is, what if AV simply asked his players to choose who was on their line? What if Daniel and Henrik really get along with Pahlsson? Or if Malhotra and David Booth watch the occasional sitcom together and naturally enjoy playing together? All I know is this: The game always flowed better when the people I played with enjoyed playing with me and vice versa.

Thoughts? I actually think Vigneault should not try this in the playoffs, but maybe next preseason when things are not on the line..

if Bitz is allowed then of course.....Bitz is in

Higgins-H.Sedin-Kesler

Booth-LaPierre-Burrows

Raymond/Malhotra/Wiese-Pahlsson-Hansen

Ebbett-Bitz-Kassian

if Daniel is healthy

Higgins-H.Sedin-Kesler

D.Sedin-LaPierre-Burrows

Booth-Pahlsson-Hansen

Ebbett/Raymond/Malhotra/Wiese-Bitz-Kassian

(Please, no "HE DOESN'T PLAY ON THAT WING!" comments)

Burrows-H. Sedin-Lappy

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Raymond-Pahlsson-Hansen

Malhotra-Ebbett-Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Salo

Tanev-Gragnani

Luongo

Schneider

Why, you ask?

Top Line: Went on a huge point streak towards the end of the series when they combined for a line

Second Line: Higgins has been hot lately - could possibly spark/wake up the offensively dormant Kesler and Booth.

Third Line: Despite the rest of CDC sh*tting on him, Raymond looked good last night. Him and Hansen are great forecheckers and Pahlsson is a responsible defensive forward.

Fourth Line: Malhotra is easily our best faceoff man - great for pk. Ebbett is a clutch beaut and he can (and has proven) be effective 5-on-5, pk and pp. Weise is tough as hell and has no problem with jumping up on the offensive, more than Kassian, imo.

D Pairings: The first two speak for themselves and Grags statistically elevates his game for the playoffs, so this is more of a "why not?" kinda thing.

Goalie choice is a bit of a no-brainer.

Burrows-Hank-Lapierre

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Raymond-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

When Daniel is in:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Raymond-Pahlsson-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

Archived