The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Most Hated? Not According To Angus Reid / Macleans

Hazard

This topic has annoyed me all year. The media is trying to make the Canucks the most hated team. More hated than the Bruins when they go into MSG I think not. This shows what I have always thought and thats the Canucks were far from being the most hated in Canada. League wide I would also be sceptical. I don't think Detroit fans hate us neither do the Pens fans. Although with some questioanble diving last night the hate meter went up a notch for sure.

Surprise surprise. Today the media is spinning the Angus poll as "most of Canada wants to see an American team win the Cup over the Canucks".

Bunch of garbage, cause the accurate statement is "the majority of Canadians will root for a Cdn team in the playoffs" (55%). The minority of Cdns (45%) will root for an American team in playoffs.

I so despise the media. There were soooo many positive things about the Canucks in this survey, they find the 1 number that can be twisted into filling their sensational storyline that Canucks are hated. If they actually looked at the numbers and the question asked, they'd see the real story. Despise media.

Archived