The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

The TSN panel just broke it down, Torres has been suspended twice in the last year (total of 6 games), fined $2500. Based on this he's going to sit for 10 plus games.

They also broke it down to being 0.8 seconds late, anything over 0.5 is considered late, the hit from Rome last year in SCF was nearly 0.9 seconds late.

Hopefully the game doesn't get out of control.

The TSN panel just broke it down, Torres has been suspended twice in the last year (total of 6 games), fined $2500. Based on this he's going to sit for 10 plus games.

They also broke it down to being 0.8 seconds late, anything over 0.5 is considered late, the hit from Rome last year in SCF was nearly 0.9 seconds late.

Hopefully the game doesn't get out of control.

And your what is right with the hockey fanbase? Who do you think you are telling im what is wrong with the fanbase in hockey?

I clearly said many times I hope Hossa is ok, but this what happens when teams don't realize what their players are doing and the NHL does not punish these people.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I hope Hossa is okay. He is one of the few Hawks that I like (I've been a fan of his since his Ottawa days).

Torres will be gone for a long time. They'll make an example of him.

I honestly don't think the Hawks have a tough enough team to push back to this type of stuff. I'm not even trying to be a prick. They are a much softer team than a few years ago. I remember in the sharks/hawks game when thornton was punching toews and no one did anything at all. they just sat there and let toews get pushed around.

I'm a person calling out an individual who thinks the whole "eye for an eye" mentality is justified. The fact that you think that Chicago deserves a key player to be injured because of what a different player did to a different player on a different team is completely idiotic. This is not what happens "when teams don't realize what their players are doing"; do you think Torres had some sort of vendetta against Duncan Keith for his hit on Sedin, so he decided to annihilate Hossa? Your justification makes zero sense, and you defending your initial point is even more pathetic. Like I said, take off your homer glasses for a second and realize that none of what Torres did was justified.

5 games tops. I don't even think it will 5 games, because if you pause it at 18 and just keep clicking the play pause button. Raffi Torres never hit Hossa's head.

But none the less Karma for the Hawks. Of course I wanted Keith to be punished like that, not anyone else.

With regards to the hit being late, Hossa actually never passed the puck. It was knocked off his stick. By that time, it was too late for Torres to let up. I guess what I'm asking is this: Would there be any difference if Hossa still had control of the puck when he got hit?

Late hit (think later then Rome from last year), charging, interference, left his feet etc.

And that's why some of us DIDN'T want Torres back, no doubt he is effective and he plays on the edge but one bad/questionable hit and he's gone. Given his track record I expect like 4+ games.

As for Hossa, wish him the best, that's what the playoffs are about. The best in the business playing and it's a shame whenever someone gets taken out REGARDLESS of what team they play for.

Archived