The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

Definately agree that we're missing Torres.

In fact, at the moment, our line up is missing Torres, Samuelson, Ehrhoff, D. Sedin, and Ballard from last year's team. That is scary, scary, scary. We've only added Booth and Pahlson (Kassian and Gragnani have yet to show they can have an impact) as players that make us better. Still, I would re-add Torres, Samuelson, or Ehrhoff back to the line up, hypothetically. Realistically, that can't happen for a variety of reasons. And that makes me sad.

I thought Raffi was awesome last post season. Just what we needed. No idea why he wasn't wanted this year. Though there are obviously people filling his roll now.

last playoffs...I thought that hit behind the net lead to a total BS suspension! May had been different with him in the lineup.

I still have no idea why it was deemed an illegal hit.

Actually.. I CAN see why after watching it again.

Though Seabrook was in the "keep your head on a swivel zone", I don't think Raffi was aiming for the head. I don't know what raffi is supposed to do to avoid this. It's literally a millisecond decision. Who "let's up| on a guy like keith or seabrook.

But I'll rephrase... I don't know why it lead to a long suspension.

The playoffs is an oxymoron in rules.

Play as hard and as fast as you can... but make sure to let up when it comes to split second decision making.

Unless the rules are overhauled, this sh** is just going to happen every playoffs.

Umm, I kinda do. Imagine him on our 4th line. Somebody tried & tested. Not one of these no-name Bitz/Weise/Duco types.

The person I miss MOST of all, though... is Rypien! Nodody would dare mess with us with him in the line-up.

Torres was exceptionally fast. Geez, U have No Memory. He was a former 5th overall pick in the draft. Slow guys without talent don't get picked 5th overall. Rumours in Edmonton said he was a head case, maybe Grant Fuhr disease. But the boy was an awsome physical talent.

Torres terrible skating and his brutal game changing penalties will not be missed. I just dont see why anyone would want an aging player who has no real skillset except borderline hits ?

Archived