The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

Ur memory aint great at all. Torres, as noted was a bit of a head case; but knock him off his feet? What planet are you on... Need more goals from the 4th? The year the Oilers went to the finals, Raffi was a 27 goal scorer & a physical beast. Its why we picked him up, to resurrect his career. NOBODY on our 4th can carry his bags as a player. Kassian is a long way from scoring 27 goals.

Higgins work rate endears him to everybody, but it was Torres's size & speed that broke all physical match ups alongside speedy Hansen & 220 lb Malhotra on our shutdown 3rd last year. LAST YEAR, and you claim to have a memory when you say Torres was knocked off his feet more than Raymond?

:picard:

Hate to promote conflict, but I don't like him. Never did. He takes terrible penalties, he intends to injure players, and he is exactly what gives Vancouver a bad rep. I think his scoring ability is highly overrated, and he isn't a great passer. The reports that came out in July about players in the Canucks dressing room not being fond of Torres should also be taken into account. I remember one statement from Higgins that subtly implied that he wouldn't have resigned with the Canucks if Torres had remained with the team.

And guess what -- for those of you watching Yotes and Hawks - the hard hitting, hard skating and bowling ball Raffi just scored a beautiful goal for the Yotes to tied the game. He for sure has the hands to light the lamp. Again, I can only sit and watch, what can I do other than pray... Sigh...

Reality check bud, I have been watching this beautifully brutal game for over 30 years , you need to gain a better understanding of how this game is played now . If Torres was on the ice for game one there would have been 3 more powerplays for LA and we would have been completely buried in the first. His lack of vision and skill are exactly what this team does not need. A 4th line scrub who is way past his due date . Get over yourself already. This twisted love affair you guys have with this washed up head case is hilarious.

Archived