Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Torres

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
490 replies to this topic

#481 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Looks like Keith isn't the only one to throw an elbow! Canucks elbow much worse, since Kings player was on the ice. So if a Kings player went after Daniel Sedin's head in a dirty manner, would that be payback?

Henrik was directly responding to Dustin Brown who went after him in game 3.

aXmDa9t.gif

#482 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Looks like Keith isn't the only one to throw an elbow! Canucks elbow much worse, since Kings player was on the ice. So if a Kings player went after Daniel Sedin's head in a dirty manner, would that be payback?

That tap was so gentle that Brown didn't even know if it was a nuck or his own team mate. No injury resulted from it. The blood was from a puck in the face.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#483 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

still sticking with your zero games prediction? he will likely get 5+ games with an in-person hearing

Zero games was never a prediction, it was what he SHOULD get. Pressure from the media and bleeding hearts will be too much for the NHL, Shanny will give him a six pack.

There are three things that bring fans out of our seats. Goals, hits and fights. That hit was the most exciting play Hossa was in all series ... Thanks Hoss!

#484 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,258 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Shut up, you're making Winnipeg look bad.

and Winnipeg is our closest kin in the NHL - a strong connection between Manitoba and the Canucks, and now they have our Moose coach, Tanner Glass...

regardless, to compare the Keith elbow to the Sedin nudge is idiocy.

Torres is being used as the straw that broke the back - his hit was borderline - the Chicago hypocrites are making it out to be t he worst atrocity in recent history.

Edited by oldnews, 19 April 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#485 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

The Sedin rub on Brown was nothing. However, Hank better be careful ... Grapes said it, go looking for trouble and u will find it, a la Danny and Keith. Some people have a twisted view of what it means to "have grit" or show "heart" in the playoffs. For skill players like the Sedins, the grittiest thing they could do is keep scoring in the playoffs, despite the brutal pace and physical nature of the playoffs - keep scoring. Throwing the odd little cheap shot won't turn out well in the long run - they should steer clear of that stuff.

And this just in ... Outdated political position serves as platform for a frustrated tennis fan.
Our Governor General thinks rough hockey is "unCanadian" ......... what an a$$hole!!

http://www.thestar.c...s-anti-canadian

Edited by Real deal - Stan Smyl, 19 April 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#486 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

big hits are a part of hockey... why try to eliminate them...
I loved that hit..

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#487 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

big hits are a part of hockey... why try to eliminate them...
I loved that hit..

I also loved the hit!! And Surtur ... I just might love you too...

#488 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

It will be disgusting if he gets suspended for this hit. It is actually a clean hit, even cleaner than the Brown hit on Sedin.

So much to say but my warn bar is almost maxed.

Edited by lateralus, 20 April 2012 - 07:45 AM.

CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#489 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Allow me, then.

It will be disgusting if he gets suspended for this hit. It is actually a clean hit, even cleaner than the Brown hit on Sedin.

The brown hit was cleaner. There was less time removed from the puck on the Brown hit, and there was no charging or targeting of the head. While I do think of it as a dirty play, that's a legal check delivered to our star player.

Torres hit was way late, later than Rome; it was a lateral hit, moving easy west; it was charging, as torres had a boatload of steam and also lept into the hit; it appeared to be a headshot. Torres, being a repeat offender, could easily get two for each of these factors. Expect an example to be made of him.

That hit would be borderline even in the Stevens era, but this is not the Stevens era.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#490 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

The timing of the Torres and the Brown hit were similar...Hossa turn the wrong way into the hit.

#491 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

The timing of the Torres and the Brown hit were similar...Hossa turn the wrong way into the hit.

Thanks for putting a smyl on my face. Agreed.

Too bad lateralus is wearing a ball-gag. Usually good for a laugh.
Cheers!

Edited by Real deal - Stan Smyl, 22 April 2012 - 09:43 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.