The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

He was so huge for us last year in the playoffs. As for the Seabrook hit, when you have a chance to hit another team's star player, you do it. It was borderline clean. How Keith reacted and how the Hawks went to to win the next 3 games cannot be Torres' fault. You do not see a good chance to hit a guy and say, 'oh, they might rally around him and play harder, I better not hit him'. You don't think about that. That's pure stupidity.

After he injured Joe Thornton in R3, did the Sharks rally around Thornton and played harder? Not really. With Clowe and Heatley and others playing injured, that hit broke the Sharks' back and pretty much meant that they weren't going to beat us.

I was frustrated with Torres at times in R4 for not playing physical, but overall he was a hero in last year's run and MG should've brought him back for how much he was asking for. He was also tough enough to be one of the few healthy bodies at the end of it all. To me, letting him go was a -1 on Gillis' record. If I was the Canucks' GM, I would've brought him back with no hesitation.

Few people blamed Rome for the Bruins' rally. So why blame Torres?

Guest The Brown Burrows

Torres was a crap disturber (best 3rd liner in a long time).

We aren't getting him back and even if we do we'll turn him into a Canuck pusssy (compared to other teams, we really are pussies).

* Not being an idiot, just observing and telling the facts (look nearly every other team's reaction).

^ We are molding Detroit a little too much

* Our management won't allow our players to let loose , AV holds Kassian back

^ Not just that but they control players (Ballard isn't allowed to rush without getting in shat).

Canucks could have used Torres' energy and grit. He was great for them in last year's playoff run and letting him walk was a mistake. Mike Gillis has made some bad moves since that run.

I used to be a MG supporter, but now I am starting to sour on him a lot. Still hate the Hodgson deal in a big way.

as a fan of his run with edm and a huge nuck fan I was somewhat embarrassed by some of his hits last playoff. Personally I don't want the nucks to win the cup by injuring people with dangerous hits. For me it was a black eye on the cup run.

Burr described him the best. "He only knows one way to play the game and thats the hard way" bout sums it up and prob why MG let him go.

Canucks could have used Torres' energy and grit. He was great for them in last year's playoff run and letting him walk was a mistake. Mike Gillis has made some bad moves since that run.

I used to be a MG supporter, but now I am starting to sour on him a lot. Still hate the Hodgson deal in a big way.

Archived