490 replies to this topic

#211 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I totally see the NHL coming down hard on Torres. I don't think the issue here is contact with the head IMO that was your prototypical full-body contact but the optics are so bad with this guy they'll use the charge as a means to throw the book at the guy. If this was anyone else im not sure we'd even be talking about a suspension.. The fact there was no in game punishment either further hurts his case.

#212 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,188 posts

me and my dad an avid hockey fan have been absolutely turned off from the entire nhl playoffs the whole thing has been one big dirty goon fest throughout every series. Yes you see rare glimpses of an actual great game like tonight with nashville and detroit and last nights game of ottawa and new york. All in all my dad has pretty much quit hockey from the crap going on from the dirty hits the refs losing control the entire lack of respect for players on the ice and the nhl and its puppet shanahan making a mockery of every hearing handing fines out to star players and suspensions only to the 4th line fringe players

#213 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

POPULAR

Ok guys.

I watched the hit on NHL.Com

The puck left Hossa's stick, at 8:20
Hossa got smoked at 8:19

I can't go by micro seconds, but please, as you can imagine, he was hit 1 second later. If you go by micro seconds, your talking about 1.5 seconds later mater. Late hit? To be honest, the game is so fast right now, that was actually 1 second later! Last year Raymond got smoked 2 seconds later by Boychuk and that was a clean hit.

Now, did Torres use his elbow as point of contact his Hossa's head? No he didn't
-Was it a late hit? The hit came 1 second later guys, 1 SECOND LATER. I will leave that to Shanahan,.
-Hossa did have the puck!
- He did not nail Hossa on his blind side.
- NO elbow to head.
-Point of contact was Shoulder to shoulder.

He will get suspended I think, but I doubt it will be that much. Repeat offender or not.

But man. Karma.....
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#214 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm convinced he didn't even hit his head. Kinda need another angle though. Went through it frame by frame... looked like shoulder to shoulder. And his skate was still on the ice when he first made contact, so it definitely wasn't a "flying leap" as I've heard it called already. He'll likely be suspended for the sole factor that it was late though... just like the Rome hit.

He wasn't aiming for head. It was a little late though, so I can see that. It was more of a shoulder to shoulder clean hit, but it goes high after probably due to Raffi having more momentum and knocking him over sort of thing.

#215 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Come on people. That was a hit more comprable to Rome's hit on Nathan than Brown's on Henrik. It was almost a full second after Hossa had passed the puck. Torres launched himself at Hossa and hit his head.

Good chance he will be supsended for the rest of the playoffs with his history.

Hossa is in the hospital and the severity of his injury is not known yet.

Edited by gradin123, 17 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#216 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I feel so bad for Hossa, wishing him all the best.

#217 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Yes, we all miss Torres. But is this thread necessary?

are 99.9% of these threads "necessary"?

#218 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

That was a great hit come on. He did leave his feet a bit but I doubt that would have made much difference. Stupid hawk fans know how we feel now except Keiths hit has 100 times worse. Keith the MMA fighter.

#219 WPGFan

WPGFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Doesn't seem like there's much any respect between players anymore, there's a lot of this stuff going on these playoffs. NHL doesn't know what they're doing.

That's the NHL's fault. I've mentioned just after the Weber debacle. By not suspending Weber for at least 3 games, the NHL set the stage for the goon play we are seeing now. They've been inconsistent. They suspended Shaw for 3 games when it should have beem 1.

#220 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Big hit...hopefully Hossa is able to fully recover, given time.

Alot of headhunting this post season. NHL needs to get its house in order before someone gets turned into a vegetable or worse...

#221 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

He wasn't aiming for head. It was a little late though, so I can see that. It was more of a shoulder to shoulder clean hit, but it goes high after probably due to Raffi having more momentum and knocking him over sort of thing.

I know he wasn't aiming for the head. I just keep hearing everyone saying headshot but I'm convinced (from the 1 angle I've seen so far) that he never even touched his head.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#222 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I know he wasn't aiming for the head. I just keep hearing everyone saying headshot but I'm convinced (from the 1 angle I've seen so far) that he never even touched his head.

lol should go check hawks forum. very terrible intentional headshot. 15 games at least.

#223 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Big hit...hopefully Hossa is able to fully recover, given time.

Alot of headhunting this post season. NHL needs to get its house in order before someone gets turned into a vegetable or worse...

Post season??? For real????It's been happening all season long dude......
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#224 chilliwiggins

chilliwiggins

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

who owns the team torres plays for .lol and u still say 5 games ?

#225 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ok guys.

I can't go by micro seconds, but please, as you can imagine, he was hit 1 second later. If you go by micro seconds, your talking about 1.5 seconds later mater. Late hit? To be honest, the game is so fast right now, that was actually 1 second later! Last year Raymond got smoked 2 seconds later by Boychuk and that was a clean hit.

Now, did Torres use his elbow as point of contact his Hossa's head? No he didn't
-Was it a late hit? The hit came 1 second later guys, 1 SECOND LATER. I will leave that to Shanahan,.
- NO elbow to head.

He will get suspended I think, but I doubt it will be that much. Repeat offender or not.

But man. Karma.....

You should stop watching hockey.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#226 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

That's the NHL's fault. I've mentioned just after the Weber debacle. By not suspending Weber for at least 3 games, the NHL set the stage for the goon play we are seeing now. They've been inconsistent. They suspended Shaw for 3 games when it should have beem 1.

I agree with you, that really seemed to be the point when all of this stuff started spiraling out of control. No one knows what any of these hits are going to get as punishment anymore.

Supplementary discipline, and reffing, need an overhaul big time. This pick and choose business is bush league.

No Karma involved, Hossa isn't the personification of the Blackhawks or something. It's a game, and I wouldn't wish injury on anyone.

Edited by miked1101, 17 April 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

#227 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

lol should go check hawks forum. very terrible intentional headshot. 15 games at least.

Not just blackhawks forum. All rationale people see it that way. With Torres' history anything less than 10 Games would be a joke. He is really trying to hurt people and is out of control.

#228 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Yeah, well they are the same guys who said Keith shouldn't be suspended because he was just stepping up to slow down Sedin but Sedin turned and he accidentally hit his head.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#229 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,114 posts

Ok guys.

- NO elbow to head.

But man. Karma.....

Hit was slowed down according to TSN and it was .8 seconds after the puck left Hossa's stick

I hope he gets 5 but I don't think he deserves any more than that considering what has been called by Shanahan this playoffs

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#230 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Great to see a hawk down!

Pretty gutless comment seeing Hossa has been rushed to emergency

#231 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Im sure he would have stuck up for the captain of the canucks better than anyone on the canucks roster right now! and yes, I miss Torres.

Yeah, he might have stuck up for Sedin last year. If only the Canucks had him last year in the finals, he would have... oh wait, he was here for 23 games in the finals. I don't recall him doing much sticking up for Sedin in any series.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#232 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

PAYBACK for SEDIN!!! So chicago how does it feel?

BLACKHAWK DOWN!!!!!!!
Yeah and they're all pissed! Well raffi got seabrook last year too! Don't dish it out if ya
can't take it.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#233 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

repeat offender, raffi will get the book tossed at him..................and that answers the question why we got rid of torres.
hope hossa is okay!!!

#234 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, he might have stuck up for Sedin last year. If only the Canucks had him last year in the finals, he would have... oh wait, he was here for 23 games in the finals. I don't recall him doing much sticking up for Sedin in any series.

regards,
G.

Torres is like Cooke. A goon who just goes headhunting and trying to really hurt people. He doesn't stand up for teammates he just tries to hurt people for no reason.

#235 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,996 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Well, now that this has taken a new turn we'll move it to the appropriate spot....

Posted Image

#236 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Torres is like Cooke. A goon who just goes headhunting and trying to really hurt people. He doesn't stand up for teammates he just tries to hurt people for no reason.

Pretty much my recollection of the man.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#237 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

BLACKHAWK DOWN!!!!!!!
Yeah and they're all pissed! Well raffi got seabrook last year too! Don't dish it out if ya
can't take it.

Cool. You don't even know if Hossa has a broken neck. People like you are what give Vancouver fans a bad rap. Yes, Keith's hit was awful and he should have got a lot longer than he did but let's not forget Hossa is sitting in an emergency room right now.

#238 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Really? You're comparing Torres to Cooke? Maybe the old Cooke. There's no doubt the new Cooke has reformed himself to FIT into the NHL style while still being a pest. Take your head from your arse

#239 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm still so incredibly pissed about keiths hit on sedin that I take a small amount of satisfaction from this hit. That probably makes me sound like an a**hole, but whatever. I like Hossa, but the hawks as a team deserve this.

Can you imagine if we played the hawks in the first round, and this exact play happened with Kassian hitting Keith?

This board would absolutely explode!

That being said, I seriously hope Hossa is ok.

#240 velocity

velocity

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Slightly reminiscent of Rome on Horton last playoffs? I think so, both were late and the players were caught unsuspecting in a vulnerable position and both checkers seemed to leave their feet, if there is any consistency or is the NHL is rely trying to cut down head shots 4+ games? I hate to see such a skilled player, or any player for that matter go down like that, tough to watch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.