Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Alain Vigneault Interview?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Can someone tell me what the very last question in AV's interview was to which he responded "That's a subject I'd rather not touch." I couldn't hear it properly...

http://video.canucks...vid=DL|VAN|home

NOW I'M PARANOID.

Sig too big. 

#2 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

The amount of penalties last night.

Posted Image

#3 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Probably something about Ballard and/or Rome.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#4 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

The amount of penalties last night.

I thought he answered that earlier on..?

Sig too big. 

#5 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Can someone tell me what the very last question in AV's interview was to which he responded "That's a subject I'd rather not touch." I couldn't hear it properly...

NOW I'M PARANOID.

Why are you paranoid?

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

It doesn't even work for me? It starts to load and then the Screen goes black.

And when I go to the Canucks Video Page it doesn't even show up and the most recent Video is the Nhl Network Breakdown of the Series.

Is this happening for anyone else?

zackass.png

#7 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

"For 3 months, there was 4, 5, maybe 6 PPs per game. Last night there was 13. *Something something something* Did that catch you off guard last night to have 13 powerplays in *something something*"

That's my expert analysis for you.

Edited by Demo250, 12 April 2012 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I think the question was basically asking what AV thought about the decline/ lack of powerplays being given to us lately.

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

he was asked if he was shocked by the amount of penalties called both ways since the month before the playoffs teams combined for only 5-6 pp and last night there were 13 when you would expect the whistles to be away.

#10 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

NOW I'M PARANOID.

Had to be the line combinations :P

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#11 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

NOW I'M PARANOID.

It was about the penalties. He'd rather not discuss it because Gillis was fined last year for complaining AND that we really don't need another reminder that this team was incredibly undisciplined last night.

#12 Bar_Down16

Bar_Down16

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

didn't want to comment on the officiating because he didn't want to get on the bad side of the refs/get fined

#13 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Penalties.

#14 LordYoshii

LordYoshii

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Not working for me either!

HYDcCBf.gif

#15 James48

James48

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

It was something along the lines of this: In the last 3 months you have seen a total of 5 or 6 plower plays in a game, were you surprised to see 13 powerplays last night?

#16 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Cody Hodgson.

#17 hockeyaddict123

hockeyaddict123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

reffing is really bad so far these playoffs, when easily 4 teams right off the bat have officiating issues, the canucks, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and even the phoenix San Jose game there was a missed too many men call that led to a goal...refs just need to keep doing what they were doing in the regular season, no need to change something that had been working fine the whole season.

#18 Weber's Playoff Beard

Weber's Playoff Beard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

I hate the inconsistency. I understand that refs are human too, but calling a penalty for a snow shower is not something happening on the fly, it's something that can be easily caught. So if they called Kesler's, they should be calling it every game. In the other 7 playoff series. They should be calling it all season. They should be calling it next year. But nope... NHL officiating isn't standardized.

Regardless, let's play more disciplined tonight and I'm sure we'll be able to beat the Kings.

#19 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

I think AV didn't answer as to escape being fined by the NHL for discussing how the refs did a piss poor job.
Better safe than sorry

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#20 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

reffing is really bad so far these playoffs, when easily 4 teams right off the bat have officiating issues, the canucks, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and even the phoenix San Jose game there was a missed too many men call that led to a goal...refs just need to keep doing what they were doing in the regular season, no need to change something that had been working fine the whole season.

And don't forget Briere's goal after he was way offside that started his team on the climb back and eventual win... the one goal didn't win it but it did turn the tables around

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#21 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

I hate the inconsistency. I understand that refs are human too, but calling a penalty for a snow shower is not something happening on the fly, it's something that can be easily caught. So if they called Kesler's, they should be calling it every game. In the other 7 playoff series. They should be calling it all season. They should be calling it next year. But nope... NHL officiating isn't standardized.

Regardless, let's play more disciplined tonight and I'm sure we'll be able to beat the Kings.

Did you see the snow showers the Sharks did on Halak last night and no penaltys. They were mentioning it on TSN last night.

#22 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

:canucks: GO :canucks: ANUCKS GO :canucks:

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#23 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Journalists are the worst kind of people. Who was the douche who just had to ask AV's opinion on the LAK tweet about telling the rest of Canada "you're welcome". If you're a true fan and want the team to win, regardless of your tabloid profession, just shut up or ask questions of substance.
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#24 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Four blind mice...Fine me "BETTMAN"...'CBC DOES NOT'

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.