Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

7 Teams Lost Game 1, Do You Think They All Are Going To Lose The Series?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#61 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Thank you Mr. Happy .. and we can play a heck of a lot better .. if we don't, at least we get a new coach to rag on ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#62 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Thank you Mr. Happy .. and we can play a heck of a lot better .. if we don't, at least we get a new coach to rag on ..

What if we're swept and AV stays? :shock:

#63 Lups

Lups

Jebus

• Members
  • 8,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Game 1 means NOTHING

It just prepares you for the rest of the series and gives the players a taste as to what the series will be like.

#64 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

What if we're swept and AV stays? :shock:

Then he will suffer death by 10,000 cuts on these Boards, in the Press and on the street .. him and Rome will have to finally move-in together to escape the wrath of the CDC mobs and the hetero attack squads .. B)

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#65 hockeygal

hockeygal

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

I thought someone was monitoring the board. Along with foul language this question should not even make it up here. Also comment about Burrow and Richards and cocaine. That is personal Burrows should know better. Maybe he should go the the web site MINDCHECK.

#66 Canucklehead ll

Canucklehead ll

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Well i'm sure they have everyones attention now.It is correct to say that one game does not make a series .Lets just go win game 2..we don't want to give them anything to go home and feel good about. PS. We're sorry for the hit on Cliford!
Stay thirsty my friends and don,t riot in your own back yard....

#67 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

I think (hope) most of us know that it doesn't matter who wins the first game of the series, only who wins the last.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#68 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

The team that wins game 1, wins 50% of the time...

Actually it's something like 72% since the lock out.

#69 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

were they all badly outplayed though?

I would rather lose the way the Canucks did then the way Pittsburgh did.
Be badly outplayed for much of the game yet always in it or play really well for most of the game with a 3 goal lead then lose in ot? I'll pick the badly outplayed but always in it scenario far less demoralizing.

#70 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

If your the 1st seed and missed the cup by one game, your team will not be worried about losing a series by going down 1-0.

#71 Tatanka

Tatanka

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Meh, I'm sure we'll bounce back

Edited by Tatanka, 13 April 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#72 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

if you really want to look at the probability stats, may i suggest:

http://www.whowins.c...s/nhl2012e.html

2012 NHL Preliminary round - Series 1159.
Los Angeles Kings vs Vancouver Canucks

Schedule and 2011-12 Results
Regular Season Records: Vancouver 51-22-9=111pts, Los Angeles 40-27-15=95pts
Game 1 on Wednesday, 11 April: Los Angeles wins at Vancouver, 4-goals-2
Game 2 on Friday, 13 April: Los Angeles at Vancouver, 10:00pmEDT
Game 3 on Sunday, 15 April: Vancouver at Los Angeles, 10:30pmEDT
Game 4 on Wednesday, 18 April: Vancouver at Los Angeles, 10:00pmEDT
Game 5* on Sunday, 22 April: Los Angeles at Vancouver, TBD
Game 6* on Tuesday, 24 April: Vancouver at Los Angeles, TBD
Game 7* on Thursday, 26 April: Los Angeles at Vancouver, TBD
* if needed

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading 1-game-nil:
Ignoring win order; ignoring site order: The team leading 1-game-nil irrespective of site order (Los Angeles) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2011 MLB Finals:
series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 821-333 (.711)
series record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 177-87 (.670)
series record, NHL only, all rounds: 393-183 (.682)
series record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 121-71 (.630)
Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 628-526 (.544)
Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 140-124 (.530)
Game 2 record, NHL only, all rounds: 316-260 (.549)
Game 2 record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 94-98 (.490)
These records are drawn from the applicable 1154 best-of-7 NHL, NBA, and MLB series played through the 2011 MLB Finals. Note in general that the greater the number of games or series fitting a particular situation, the greater the significance of the corresponding winning fraction: For example, 0.800 is far more likely to come closer to the true winning fraction in a given situation when the corresponding win-loss record is 400-100 rather than 4-1.

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading 1-game-nil @ V:
Ignoring win order; considering site order: The team leading 1-game-nil with site order V (Los Angeles) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2011 MLB Finals:
series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 211-170 (.554)
series record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 48-51 (.485)
series record, NHL only, all rounds: 109-94 (.537)
series record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 39-40 (.494)
Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 125-256 (.328)
Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 27-72 (.273)
Game 2 record, NHL only, all rounds: 74-129 (.365)
Game 2 record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 25-54 (.316)
These records are drawn from the applicable 1154 best-of-7 NHL, NBA, and MLB series played through the 2011 MLB Finals. Note in general that the greater the number of games or series fitting a particular situation, the greater the significance of the corresponding winning fraction: For example, 0.800 is far more likely to come closer to the true winning fraction in a given situation when the corresponding win-loss record is 400-100 rather than 4-1.

SERIES NOTES:

After Game 1: The Los Angeles Kings visited and defeated the Vancouver Canucks 4-goals-2 to take a 1-game-nil MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1159 lead. When leading a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 1-game-nil, the Los Angeles Kings have a 3-5 series record and a 1-7 Game 2 record (with an active seven-Game 2 losing streak); when trailing a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 1-game-nil, the Vancouver Canucks have a 4-7 series record and an 8-3 Game 2 record.

Pre-series assessment: In the 2011-12 regular season, Vancouver finished 16 points ahead of Los Angeles. From 1939 through 2011, when NHL teams led their best-of-7 playoff series opponents by 16 regular-season points, they have posted a 9-1 (.900) best-of-7 series record in those series against those opponents. MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1159 is the 28th best-of-7 playoff series for Los Angeles, and the 33rd for Vancouver. In best-of-7 playoff series, Los Angeles has an 8-19 series record, a 5-8 Preliminary-round series record, and an 8-19 Game 1 record, while Vancouver has a 15-17 series record, a 9-6 Preliminary-round series record, and a 21-11 Game 1 record. Series 1159 is the fifth best-of-7 NHL playoff series meeting between Los Angeles and Vancouver; the teams have split their previous four series against each other.

Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#73 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

they will all lose their series
:bigblush:

Edited by GreatSaveJasee, 13 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#74 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

No Buck .. I was pointing out that making generalized statements about winning and losing "trends" seldom stand up to any statistical examination .. you were ready to pack your bags .. now you are wanting to hide inside the large suitcase with an all day lollipop? .. :lol:

It was clear I was talking about teams packing their bags. I didn't say MY bags. Really, all you have done is tried to start crap with me for no reason. Every last sentence of every post is some kind of jab. You don't agree? Good. No problem. You are welcome to say I don't agree. But since I didn't call anyone out in my original post, stop with the oh so subtle insults and the end of every reply. It's not clever. Better yet, don't bother replying as you'll be added to the ignore list.

#75 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

It was clear I was talking about teams packing their bags. I didn't say MY bags. Really, all you have done is tried to start crap with me for no reason. Every last sentence of every post is some kind of jab. You don't agree? Good. No problem. You are welcome to say I don't agree. But since I didn't call anyone out in my original post, stop with the oh so subtle insults and the end of every reply. It's not clever. Better yet, don't bother replying as you'll be added to the ignore list.

That sounds good .. perception is as important as timing .. :rolleyes:

Edit: And a sense of humour really helps with the stress of the 21st Century ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 13 April 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.