The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Skating

drukes1234

This to me confirms that he had a setback and they obviously are now a few steps back from a week ago. Hopefully the light skate goes well today, then he can skate with the team, if all goes well then we'd see him back MAYBE by game 3 but game 4 with the big break seems realistic IF these skates go well.

With the way things are going, I'd be surprised if he makes it to Game 4. Unless this series goes to Game 7 - or Canucks are down 2-1 or 3-1 in the series -, I wouldn't expect to see Daniel against Kings.

I'm thrilled that he's out there on the ice but I don't want to see him back on the ice playing until he's 100%. Concussions are nasty, nasty things and I'd much rather have to wait and have him come back completely healthy than see him struggling out there and get hit again and suffer far more serious and long lasting effects. I'll be very surprised if we see him before the possibility of Round 2.

Keep getting healthy, Daniel, we'll wait for you no matter how long it takes! :)

He did go back a few steps in protocol. I'm making assumptions here but most likely they're accurate. He had the headaches after the full practice, took a skate with the black aces and still had headaches, they shut him down for a few days and then go him on the bike. He was ok after riding the bike, now he skates by himself. If today goes well he will skate with the team, if that goes well, he plays.

This to me confirms that he had a setback and they obviously are now a few steps back from a week ago. Hopefully the light skate goes well today, then he can skate with the team, if all goes well then we'd see him back MAYBE by game 3 but game 4 with the big break seems realistic IF these skates go well.

NHL head injury/concussion protocol states that any head injured player that has 'headaches' following an on ice workout must stop skating for ten full days-land training only.

So,Henrik and Daniel's dad is in big doo-doo.

Dan should not be on the ice if Senior Sedin was telling the truth and Dan is suffering headaches.

Also.what are the Canucks doing going against NHL medical protocol regarding an injury of such a serious nature?

I'm thrilled that he's out there on the ice but I don't want to see him back on the ice playing until he's 100%. Concussions are nasty, nasty things and I'd much rather have to wait and have him come back completely healthy than see him struggling out there and get hit again and suffer far more serious and long lasting effects. I'll be very surprised if we see him before the possibility of a Round 2.

of Keep getting healthy, Daniel, we'll wait for you no matter how long it takes! :)

Protocol might be, as far as skating:

1. rest without skating until symptom free for 2 consecutive days.

2. light skate solo for 2 days. if symptoms, return to 1

3. heavy workout skate for 2 days. if symptoms, return to 1

4. skate with team, no contact for 2 days. if symptoms, return to 1

5. skate with team, contact for 2 days. if symptoms, return to 1

6. participate in team practice. if symptoms, return to 1. Or to 2?

Just said 2 consecutive days of anything, as the next day / night is when you see symptoms.

Anyways, that would be 11 days from any set-back to practicing with the team. it sounds "sort of" right, but that obviously isn't 100% correct, and over-simplified. But "fairly" close? Does anyone know the proper protocol? would be interesting to know what it is...

But if that is right, the 9th was a team practice, then there was a slight setback - headaches according to sweden. Then the 10th was a light skate but symptoms were there as he didn't skate the next day - as far as we know.

If he is starting to skate again today, then the 21st would be the first time he would be able to have a practice with the team. First possible time-back would be game 5, but they would likely give him a few practices with the team, and try him for game 6.

So prediction is: Game 6, unless another setback.

NHL head injury/concussion protocol states that any head injured player that has 'headaches' following an on ice workout must stop skating for ten full days-land training only.

So,Henrik and Daniel's dad is in big doo-doo.

Dan should not be on the ice if Senior Sedin was telling the truth and Dan is suffering headaches.

Also.what are the Canucks doing going against NHL medical protocol regarding an injury of such a serious nature?

Archived