Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Worried Yet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 CanucksxDream

CanucksxDream

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

The Canucks should just play their game and not take stupid penalties! As well, cut all the stupid antics! Its embarrassing!
Posted Image

#32 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

That tweet from the LA kings is on the dressing room wall right now.

Not worried at all.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#33 CaliNuckfan

CaliNuckfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

#34 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I worry about the increasing amount of pointless threads created on this forum.

I dont think anyone should get to call a thread pointless if they cant say it until the 24th post in the thread...
If people are talking is it pointless?

Perhaps when people say "pointless" they really mean "Ive already had enough of this topic (or dont care about it) and im the only one who matters."?

suppose i cant say for sure...

i AM annoyed by the same thing getting posted because people dont search though...

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 13 April 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#35 TACanucks

TACanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I feel like we will get big win tonight and be pretty disciplined

#36 mr wicked

mr wicked

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

The problem with raymond on the second line is that they won't "make plays". Kesler and booth don't pass, they try to carry it in themselves and put it on the kings logo. Raymond skates in and takes a weak shot on net or try's to be quick with spins, gets dizzy and falls down. My idea for lines to get the best out of them would be this: sedin sedin burrows. Higgins kesler lappy. Hansen pahlsson booth. Wiese malholtra raymond.

#37 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

the only thing im worrie about is taking to many penalties

Agreed...

This team needs to play like they know how, not like "experts" say they should.. They got to the finals playing their style of hockey!

Edit: "experts" = Fans and media not calling them tough enough.

Edited by VMR, 13 April 2012 - 02:32 PM.

They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#38 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Not worried at all that we are down a game in the series. However, I am I guess you can say uneasy with the lack of effort the canucks brought to game 1

Edited by {nhl}, 13 April 2012 - 12:34 PM.

NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and hell
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#39 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

The problem with raymond on the second line is that they won't "make plays". Kesler and booth don't pass, they try to carry it in themselves and put it on the kings logo. Raymond skates in and takes a weak shot on net or try's to be quick with spins, gets dizzy and falls down. My idea for lines to get the best out of them would be this: sedin sedin burrows. Higgins kesler lappy. Hansen pahlsson booth. Wiese malholtra raymond.

LOL...I do like your line suggestions tho...and move Lappy and burrows interchangeably if either line isn't producing.
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#40 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Not worried until we're down 3-0 in a series.

Posted Image

#41 savagespeaks

savagespeaks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

why would i be worried, its game one, im pretty sure we won game 1 of the finals last year right? pretty sure we won game two also

#42 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

before the series started i predicted nucks in 6, its not the end of the world. canucks need to focus on game 2 right now and it wont be challenging to get a split in LA.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#43 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

worried? Sort of but this game is huge, if we go down 2-0 in this series then im gunna get really worried.

oh and also booth needs to be taken off teh second line PLEASE.
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#44 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

To be honest, I was worried before the playoffs began when I saw we were facing the Kings. Really, if our biggest advantage is depth on the forward position, we're in trouble, because if Richard and Carter come alive, they will be a nightmare to beat.

Our only hope is for Luongo to go Patrick Roy on everyone, keep them at bay, and shut down the Kings. He has been our only bright spot and if he turns it up a couple notches, we can win. Also put Pahlsson against Kopitar and Richards against Kesler, have Edler turn it up, and then we might be able to come through.

#45 fanofcan

fanofcan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Burr Sedin Lappy
Booth Kes Higgy
Raymond Pahlsson Hansen
Malhotra Ebbett Kassian

Bieksa Hammer
Edler Salo
Ballard Alberts

Lu
Schneids

This makes the most sense. I won't be the least bit worried if we're icing this line.
AV has to quit screwing around with the lines so much

It's one game. We split here, split there (LA), and win the next 2.
No panic - no big deal (I say that now)

#46 mr wicked

mr wicked

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

mr wicked, on 13 April 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:The problem with raymond on the second line is that they won't "make plays". Kesler and booth don't pass, they try to carry it in themselves and put it on the kings logo. Raymond skates in and takes a weak shot on net or try's to be quick with spins, gets dizzy and falls down. My idea for lines to get the best out of them would be this: sedin sedin burrows. Higgins kesler lappy. Hansen pahlsson booth. Wiese malholtra raymond
<p>

LOL...I do like your line suggestions tho...and move Lappy and burrows interchangeably if either line isn't producing.

Exactly.(1)Sedin Sedin Burrows (2)Higgins Kesler Lappy (3)Hansen Phalsson Booth (4) Wiese Manny Raymond With a line up like this it takes the "Shoot first" players and puts them on a line that moves the puck in the attacking end, make the kings scramble!. Kelser and booth shoot first antics are not working, and have not worked very well in general. if the first line isnt producing switch burrows and lappy around and see what happends. This team wasent a shoot first team at the beggining of the year, but if i could pin point when this happend, i would have to say it is when we did the booth trade. Sending a play maker in samuelsson in for a shoot first power forward in booth. Dont get me wrong Booth is a great player, but with him on the second line with kesler isn't working. Seems like ever since booth started playing with kesler, Kelser changed his game, maybe not liking that booth shoots and not passes, So kelser shoots first as well. And it's just not Kelser, i am noticing it from, Raymond,Malholtra,Higgins and hansen a little bit, but not the degree of booth and kesler. Thats just my two cents. And no, i do not know how to use this thing properly.

Edited by mr wicked, 13 April 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.