The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone Worried Yet?

nuckelhead90

I was worried before the series started, just as I was before every series last year. However, it doesn't mean that I'm ready to jump off a bridge after one bad game.

I'd slot Ebbett into Bitz' spot. I think that's what the team is doing...

I was worried before the series started, just as I was before every series last year. However, it doesn't mean that I'm ready to jump off a bridge after one bad game.

I'd slot Ebbett into Bitz' spot. I think that's what the team is doing...

You don't go down one game and start worrying. We played a terrible game and I believed right up until Penner's goal that we were going to beat them. So, they play a really good game and we play a terrible game and almost get it done. By losing we acknowledge that some things need to be addressed for game 2. Curious what AV does with the lines tonight.

It's just one game so far. But, from reading some of AV's comments, it seems like the Canucks have been concentrating too much on changing their lines to contain L.A. Wrong move. The worst possible trap they can fall into is to allow the spectre of L.A. to get too much into their heads. If they continue down this route, it is going to be an early exit from the Playoffs for Vancouver.

The Canucks need to play their own game, do what they do best, and (to state the obvious to all of us!)stay out of the penalty box. If they can do this, and they CAN, there's nothing to worry about.

The problem with raymond on the second line is that they won't "make plays". Kesler and booth don't pass, they try to carry it in themselves and put it on the kings logo. Raymond skates in and takes a weak shot on net or try's to be quick with spins, gets dizzy and falls down. My idea for lines to get the best out of them would be this: sedin sedin burrows. Higgins kesler lappy. Hansen pahlsson booth. Wiese malholtra raymond.

The problem with raymond on the second line is that they won't "make plays". Kesler and booth don't pass, they try to carry it in themselves and put it on the kings logo. Raymond skates in and takes a weak shot on net or try's to be quick with spins, gets dizzy and falls down. My idea for lines to get the best out of them would be this: sedin sedin burrows. Higgins kesler lappy. Hansen pahlsson booth. Wiese malholtra raymond.

Archived