The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watching Games On Mute?

TOMapleLaughs

Pros:

- Missing useless, infuriating and heavily anti-Canuck biased commentary by CBC broadcasters.

- No Simpson. No Healy. No MacLean. No Cherry. No PJ Stock. No Hrudey. etc. All replaced by calming silence.

- Allows you to focus on the actual gameplay and make opinions yourself, rather than having their typically broadcasted incorrect opinions crammed down your throat.

- You (in theory) find the games far more watchable.

Cons:

- Missing Hughson's useful game calls.

- Missing explanations on what the hell the latest whistle/penalty was for.

- Missing gameplay and crowd noises.

- Missing the odd opinion that isn't formed to infuriate Canuck fans.

- If you like to be annoyed and to react to being annoyed, then you're missing out.

I usually watch the game with sound, but i think i'll try game 2 muted, just to see what it's like.

Remember when the CBC broadcasted the odd game without voice-overs? That was pretty relaxing, but it felt like something was missing. However if that 'something' is ultra-annoying, would you really miss it?

It's too bad the CBC is a national broadcaster and not a regional one. Perhaps these games would be less infuriating to watch. Until then, i unfortunately have to wait until the CBC loses their rights to NHL playoff games broadcast in Canada. But will TSN be any better? If they aren't regional either, perhaps not. Cheers.

TOML

Yes, I would miss Jim Hughson telling me that the line that iced the puck can't change. Its a new rule and I don't fully comprehend it yet so that REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY HELPS!

Pros:

- Missing useless, infuriating and heavily anti-Canuck biased commentary by CBC broadcasters.

- No Simpson. No Healy. No MacLean. No Cherry. No PJ Stock. No Hrudey. etc. All replaced by calming silence.

- Allows you to focus on the actual gameplay and make opinions yourself, rather than having their typically broadcasted incorrect opinions crammed down your throat.

Cons:

- If you like to be annoyed and to react to being annoyed, then you're missing out.

I usually watch the game with sound, but i think i'll try game 2 muted, just to see what it's like.

Remember when the CBC broadcasted the odd game without voice-overs? That was pretty relaxing, but it felt like something was missing. However if that 'something' is ultra-annoying, would you really miss it?

It's too bad the CBC is a national broadcaster and not a regional one. Perhaps these games would be less infuriating to watch. Until then, i unfortunately have to wait until the CBC loses their rights to NHL playoff games broadcast in Canada. But will TSN be any better? If they aren't regional either, perhaps not. Cheers.

TOML

Oh please. You're being a whiny b**ch. Is it really that difficult? As a previous poster already pointed out, don't forget that you're wearing Canuck tinted sunglasses, bud. Also, given the off-chance that there's some Canuck bashing, is it really that hard to suck it up and keep watching the game?

Sincerely,

A fellow Canucks fan-

PVR it until Cheech and Shorty catch up (or whoever is doing Team 1040 in the playoffs). Then sync the homer broadcast with the great TV.

I find the ice level mikes annoying on most of the TV broadcasts. I know what skates sound like, and it doesn't add anything to the game for me; rather it interferes with trying to hear what people are saying.

Pros:

Cons:

TOML

Hughey is biased towards the Canucks which is nice. I have thought (at times) in the past Craig Simpson has been anti-Canucks, but he isn't.

I finally figured it out...

Because the fact that Hughey can be a little bit biased, Simpson tries to even that out sometimes. It almost seems that they have little "on-air battles" regarding things happening in the game. These battles can be very subtle, but I definitely notice them.

During tonight's game, listen for it. Pretty funny.

Archived