The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watching Games On Mute?

TOMapleLaughs

I don't believe the broadcasts will sync up though.

A funny thing I have noticed... I have satellite TV, my folks have cable. If I am talking to them on the phone during a game, I've noticed that the signal I get is several seconds ahead of theirs.

I finally had to mute CBC when, after a glorious save by Luongo off an in-tight deflection robbing a King of a surefire powerplay goal, Simpson went on to say:

"The Kings are doing some real good things on the powerplay here."

Not even a smidgen of credit Luongo's way. Sure the Kings went on to score a powerplay goal later on, but really? I'm sure he'll be super Quick to pounce on Luongo should any questionable diving by Roberto occur. Btw, how did Richards come out smelling like roses after his cheapshot spearing of Luongo in the throat and Kesler come out smelling like, well, you-know-what after his cheapshot spear on, who was it, Stoll?

Yeah I felt Luongo deserved some more tire pumping for sure. While Hughson's "GRRREAT SAAVE LUONGOO" is always awesome, some acknowledgment from the colour guy would go a long way towards dispelling the feeling of bias. And actually, he did call Luongo for "diving" on that spear by Richards.

I watch on mute a lot. When my girlfriend is studying in the living room of our small apartment, it's the polite thing to do. It's not bad, you summed up the pros and cons quite nicely. It's easier for distractions to take your focus off the game tho, and sometimes you can't tell what player made a sweet move because you couldn't see his jersey #.

I still yell when we score though :). That shatters the quiet study silence and scares the heck out of my gf :)

Given the choice, take sound.

I'm watching CBC and TSN right now, center channel unplugged. It works awesome. You can even hear guys yelling on the ice more. Like I said before, works perfectly on these channels but I think Sportsnet has some of the commentary come through the front speakers.

dude suck it up, the announcing is not biased, its FAIR...as vancouverites we are forced to listen to homer announcing on sportsnet so listening to CBC is a reason to complain, and how can you mute Jim Hughson the mans a legend and I bet hes thrilled to announce something other then the leafs. Its taking him every muscle in his body to not yell out "Go Canucks Go"

Archived