The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Thought The Hodgson Trade Was Suppose To Make Us Better For The Playoffs

ccc44

Yeah Grags not playing,(Might as well play him now), Kassian useless.

For all those Gillis apologists saying Cody wouldn't have made a difference, I say how the hell do you know? The Canucks lost 1-0. He might have scored a big goal tonight. He scored a few real big goals throughout the season and he would have had a lot better chance of scoring than Kassian tonight.

He also went 16 games with a single assist from the middle of February to the middle of March... and that while playing significant minutes for many of those games and getting a ton of power play time. You can't just take a small window of time and use it to make your argument and entirely ignore the rest of reality.

For all those Gillis apologists saying Cody wouldn't have made a difference, I say how the hell do you know? The Canucks lost 1-0. He might have scored a big goal tonight. He scored a few real big goals throughout the season and he would have had a lot better chance of scoring than Kassian tonight.

As a Canucks fan and seeing Kassians play so far I'm OFFICIALLY calling "the trade" a huge failure. I watched the Canucks coasting along confidently with clutch secondary scoring from Hodgson. Yes H-O-D-G-S-O-N, as in CODY. Ever since "the trade" the Canucks have sputtered. Lack of scoring(duh). And the whole reason for "the trade" has been now proven completely wrong. Kassian not ready for playoffs. Even our wins since the deadline have not looked convincing to me.

So here it is. I'm saying that Hodgson wouldn't have necessarily won the game. But I sure as hell would take him back over Kassian from what I have seen so far. And it was all about winning now wasn't it?

The trade single handedly put the Canucks one step back. Can't give away scoring to get tougher and yes, I'm still extremely po'd about 'the trade'.

Being down 3-0 in the first round now after going to the finals is why.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Hodgson deal was a crock. Anyone that thinks this was a good trade and that we 'needed' to trade Cody has no clue what they're talking about. You don't trade a potential Calder candidate (at the time). You don't trade an effective third line center and part of the second unit PP on a Cup contender for a fourth line plug.

Gillis absolutely bombed on that deal. Unbelievable.

You are all wrong... it was trading away Grabner that lost us these 3 games. I know this because I can time travel and know he would have been a monster if he was playing for us in this series.

Because of my ability to time travel I can also tell you that Hodgson would have been injured with 5 games left in the season and wouldn't be playing in the series even if we didn't trade him away.

See how fun it is to just make up "what if" scenarios based on any crazy unverifiable thought that comes into your head?

No one can say that Hodgson or any player would have made any difference at all... he could have folded like a cheap tent the first shift he was on the ice against Kopitar or Richards.

You are all wrong... it was trading away Grabner that lost us these 3 games. I know this because I can time travel and know he would have been a monster if he was playing for us in this series.

Because of my ability to time travel I can also tell you that Hodgson would have been injured with 5 games left in the season and wouldn't be playing in the series even if we didn't trade him away.

See how fun it is to just make up "what if" scenarios based on any crazy unverifiable thought that comes into your head?

No one can say that Hodgson or any player would have made any difference at all... he could have folded like a cheap tent the first shift he was on the ice against Kopitar or Richards.

This organization sh_t the bed at the trade deadline. Other then a couple additions to what the team already had was perfect. A gritty 3rd liner and a 5th - 6th dman. What would they had to give up....Mason Raymond, maybe prospects and draft picks. Know if that draft pick had to be a higher one, so be it. This team has a very small window, this is when you take that gamble. Now we have a future journey man dman, a young 4th line player that doesn't even get a sniff in the playoffs. All for what????.. Cody a future captain one day. Didn't like the trade then, hate the trade now !!!

i still dont get why CDC'ers are targetting a 4th line guy

what has raymond done? nothing

sedin? nothing

the list goes on

shows how ignorant people are.. we lose one game and everyones like "wheres cody?" well hes in buffalo deal with it hes gone and not coming back

Archived