The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Thought The Hodgson Trade Was Suppose To Make Us Better For The Playoffs

ccc44

You know what I've been watching this game since the 70's and I know a good trade vs a bad one. I stated the trade was bad from the start and us getting knocked out in the first round proves it. It totally f$&@ed up the chemistry on the team and it hasn't been the same since.

Exactly, Mike Gillis isn't the guy throwing out the lines and distributing the ice time, thats AV's job and frankly hes done an awful job. We can have Claude Giroux on our team and he still wouldn't crack our top 6 because AV's obsession with past accomplishments and pure favoritism. With Vigneult behind the bench, this team will NEVER be able to find young talent to ascend the depth charts because he has to put his boys in the most favourable positions to succeed, the Alex Burrows, the Mason Raymonds of the world. I've never heard a coach ever put down a young player whos just blooming and said hes "NEVER going to take ice time from Hank and Kesler", who says that? If your a young player and your pigeon holed at the same position with no oppurtunity to rise, whats the point of being on the team? I don't blame Cody for wanting to get traded, its like being stuck at a dead end job with no oppurtunity for advancement.

Look whats happening to the brightest young stars in the game, Giroux is now the focal point of the Flyers offence, taking what was thought to be impossible possible position from Mike Richards, or Logan Couture being the man now in San Jose and taking over a former Art Ross trophy winner Joe Thornton. You can never hold down talent, thats the way its always has been through the test of time in this game. You produce, you play more, but yet it seems this doesn't apply in this team because the coach is way too fond of his boys carrying the load for him or making excuses to why they are not getting ice time. I can understand if Hodgson was not producing, but when he becomes rookie in the month in January, scores clutch goals, contributes more than a LOT of the guys in the roster in the offensive zone, and puts up numbers like he did, Hodgson held his end of the bargain and for not be rewarded, but instead be demoted, and be criticized, thats completely insane.

Fact is that trade screwed everything up for this team, its called "OVERTHINKING", trying to fix something thats not broken, and AV is the guy to blame because of his mistreatment of our most prized prospect. He has way too much input on which players thats coming in this organization good or bad.

If Cody scores, or even sets up, ONE goal in game one, then everything is different.

Either that, or Kassian putters around the ice with his missing tooth rammed up his a$$ while he grimaces from the bench at people who are skating by, not paying any attention.

hehe, in a time we need scoring where 1 goal could've made a difference in all 3 games thus far, it's hard to believe we're just throwing away players like Hodgson or Grabner... because well, they never really made it out of the coach's dog house. :)

But hey, guys like Ebbet and Bitz are cool. Though I don't know how players like that get a solid position within the roster right of hop whereas Hodgson and Grabner are considered disposable commodities?

Well Pahlsson was awful last night, probably the worst Canuck overall. He took two penalities and was badly beaten on the faceoff prior to the Kings goal. On the one penalty he took it was a desperation move made after he screwed up defensively.

people this trade was for the future plus he is one year younger and has never played a full season yet he is pretty much a rookie coming from his junior team

he probably should of been sent to the wolves to play but hindsight is 20/20

also hodgson wouldn't of made kesler bieksa edler and all the other goats you people are calling out play better

I think the answer to that question is no... oh wait, you were asking that rhetorically...

Pahlsson has been a bright light so far in the series if there is any... that and the goaltending.

The guy is a great 3rd line centre, and with him and Malhotra dominating in the defensive zone faceoffs, it should be freeing up Kesler to focus on getting more high quality minutes in the offensive zone, he just isn't capitalizing on that.

people this trade was for the future plus he is one year younger and has never played a full season yet he is pretty much a rookie coming from his junior team

he probably should of been sent to the wolves to play but hindsight is 20/20

also hodgson wouldn't of made kesler bieksa edler and all the other goats you people are calling out play better

Archived