Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc44

I Thought The Hodgson Trade Was Suppose To Make Us Better For The Playoffs

Gillis made a bad move (for the present, like I always believed). I still believe Hodgson would have had an impact.

* Not butthurt

The move is great for the future if Kassian pans out.

Powerforwards are hard to develop, you either get a Lucic or a Bernier.

Gillis made a bad move (for the present, like I always believed). I still believe Hodgson would have had an impact.

* Not butthurt

We needed a big shutdown defenceman desperately because our guys just aren't good enough in their own zone right now.

How do you know it wouldn't be worse without the trade? Excellent chance we wouldn't have finished first overall with Mr. Selfish still here, anyhow.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I agree hodgson may have had an impact but not to the degree that some on CDC may believe. Of course that is my personal opinion and if we could tear the fabric of space/time or enter a different realm of reality we might have been able to see and all have a laugh or a cry and point fingers and demad people be fired, but we can't. So why? Really....WHY pine for Cody when it's clear that our entire squad is underperforming.

clearly that is why the op is beating it.....

As of this writing, it's 4-2 Kings, 3 minutes left in Game 2...

It's been reported that Canucks GM Mike Gillis just phoned back Sabres GM Darcy Regier....

Gillis' first word was ....

"Ooops!"

LOL!!!

* Not butthurt

Grags is a scratch and Kassian just has not really been effective and our PP has suffered with out Hodgson since the deal .

Like i have said from day one this deal was one to be made in the off season if at all .

I've said it here a couple times...Just look at the Beatles...They were at each others throats by the end of their run as the greatest band ever....but still sometimes greatness comes as a result of a conflict of personalities to make something special.

Hodgson came through for us when it was needed...Yea, he was a rookie and out of line etc but winning the cup comes at all cost not "by the book" whether you want to admit it or not. As we've seen year after year.

Funny, our team was leading the 2nd place Rangers by 3 points the day Mr. "Selfish" was traded.

and the team was so devastated by this that they decided to play less than stellar hockey and show "mr.big bad trading our favorite guy in the room jerk gillis" that they didn't approve right? or was it actually hodgson that was carrying this team on his back and the second he got traded - EVER - would have signalled a complete team meltdown and they might as well have packed it in and joined the "fail for nail" campaign??

and the team was so devastated by this that they decided to play less than stellar hockey and show "mr.big bad trading our favorite guy in the room jerk gillis" that they didn't approve right? or was it actually hodgson that was carrying this team on his back and the second he got traded - EVER - would have signalled a complete team meltdown and they might as well have packed it in and joined the "fail for nail" campaign??

Kassain is only 21 you can't expect him to make a huge impact, he hasn't even played a full NHL season yet. This deal is deftainly for the future, I do think the Canucks deftainly did lose on the deal just because Hodgson will be a great leader in the locker room. And every fan knows that AV doesn't use young players as much because they didn't "earn" their strips yet.

Yes. Hodgson is the better player. The Sabres won the trade. We would be better off right now with Hodgson in the lineup. But what do you expect MG to do when a guy wants out? Just keep him here against his will? Let him become a distraction and a cancer in the dressing room? He had to be moved.