The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Thought The Hodgson Trade Was Suppose To Make Us Better For The Playoffs

ccc44

Yes. Hodgson is the better player. The Sabres won the trade. We would be better off right now with Hodgson in the lineup. But what do you expect MG to do when a guy wants out? Just keep him here against his will? Let him become a distraction and a cancer in the dressing room? He had to be moved.

This team lacks scoring, period. A good defense is a good offense, but unfortunately Gillis decided that trading away a scorer was a good idea. Having the best defense in the world means crap when you don't even have a score lead to defend. This team is in a rut despite a lucky streak in the regular season, could possibly be ousted in this first round.

I dsagree with you O.P. OK, lets be honest, Kassian hasnt' done much for us, but cmon, the way we are palying you can't honestly say Hodgson would have made a difference. He proably wouldn't have. Also Cody Hodgson was probably the reason why Buffalo missed the playoffs. THey were investing so much ice time in him, that it costed them a playoff spot. They wasn't scoring for them AND he was getting scored on when he was on the ice. So to say we wish we had Hodgson, I disagree. However Kassian needs to be step it up.

I dsagree with you O.P. OK, lets be honest, Kassian hasnt' done much for us, but cmon, the way we are palying you can't honestly say Hodgson would have made a difference. He proably wouldn't have. Also Cody Hodgson was probably the reason why Buffalo missed the playoffs. THey were investing so much ice time in him, that it costed them a playoff spot. They wasn't scoring for them AND he was getting scored on when he was on the ice. So to say we wish we had Hodgson, I disagree. However Kassian needs to be step it up.

Supporting your GM and getting over a trade is one thing.. but saying this was a good trade because MG is a genius and we should trust him was idiotic..

While MG has made some good moves to make this team a contender, this trade was obviously a head-scratcher.

I don't see anyway you can make sense of this trade..

Most people agreed that Hodgson would eventually become the better player.. so people rationalized that this trade was for NOW.. but how does that make sense?

Kassian may have shown promise at the AHL level with scoring and physicality but he was in and out of the lineup on a mediocre Sabres team while we traded away someone who was in contention for the Calder.. There was no way Kassian could have stepped in and produce consistently while we could have brought in a tough guy for a less steep price..

Whatever problems Hodgson and company had with management, we could have gotten more from a trade or waited til Summer..

ur right but most fans here are stubborn and think coho wont make a difference ... he would at the moment no doubt about it

i'm gonna say this, if YOU said 2 days before the Deadline "HEY GUYS LETS TRADE HODGSON FOR ZACH KASSIAN HES A FWD ON BUFFALO ..." you would get torched end of story .

Wrong move, they pay for it simple as that. Now i hope they dont make the mistake of trade cory and not luongo despite what happens in game 3 and 4

18533920.jpg

um, he would of been a pp option for one...he could jump into a top 6 role setting up plays and possibly scoring some goals... so ya...i agree with the OP i said this from day 1 and got flamed by you guys and now you see the effect of that trade...

I didn't mind the timing of the trade, but I did mind our return.

Sure, Kassian is young and developing but I've never been high on him, even when he was playing on Team Canada.

The guy has a lot to work on before he's an effective player, if he ever becomes one.

Archived