The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Thought The Hodgson Trade Was Suppose To Make Us Better For The Playoffs

ccc44

We were better off with Hodgson, attack me all you want I will never stop believing it. Hodgson was stronger on the puck than Kassian is and he is half his size, not to mention his vision on the ice, wrist shot, face off capability, defensive responsibility, and overall potential. Hodgson was a garunteed franchise player. Kassian is a bunch of could be's but so far he just doesnt have any presence of any kind on our team. Im not saying Kassian is bad, he just isnt anything. If AV didnt like hodgson I cant see him liking Kassian, or schroeder, or jensen for that matter. Ugh, anyone else feel like we threw away our future just to win the cup this year, which lets be honest isnt looking too good so far. Not saying I dont believe. But I would believe more if we had Hodgson.

We were better off with Hodgson, attack me all you want I will never stop believing it. Hodgson was stronger on the puck than Kassian is and he is half his size, not to mention his vision on the ice, wrist shot, face off capability, defensive responsibility, and overall potential. Hodgson was a garunteed franchise player. Kassian is a bunch of could be's but so far he just doesnt have any presence of any kind on our team. Im not saying Kassian is bad, he just isnt anything. If AV didnt like hodgson I cant see him liking Kassian, or schroeder, or jensen for that matter. Ugh, anyone else feel like we threw away our future just to win the cup this year, which lets be honest isnt looking too good so far. Not saying I dont believe. But I would believe more if we had Hodgson.

I loved the lineup with Hodgson in it. It gave us three lines that are a real threat to score every time they are on the ice. No team could match that. I don't know why Gillis would won't to make our team more defensive by replacing him with pahlsson. Our team lost it's identity after the trade. I'm still excited for Kassian though I think he will become a big star. I just would of like to see what the Hodgson version of this team could do in the playoffs

I loved the lineup with Hodgson in it. It gave us three lines that are a real threat to score every time they are on the ice. No team could match that. I don't know why Gillis would won't to make our team more defensive by replacing him with pahlsson. Our team lost it's identity after the trade. I'm still excited for Kassian though I think he will become a big star. I just would of like to see what the Hodgson version of this team could do in the playoffs

Agreed.

Especially since it could be said with some assurance that Kesler probably wasnt going to have the same kind of year, and the Canucks on defence and as a team werent going to be as productive offensively.

Hodgson provided a source of offence that I felt was extremely valuable, and now its like... we have a checking team that has very limited offensive creativity and relies almost completely on goaltending.

The powerplay has been solved, or abandoned, or something. Its been like this for months, surely a problem like that registers with the coaching staff eventually!?

To me the Canucks haven't been the same team before and after the deal was done. Even with the games we won I don't feel our play was as strong with Hodgson as an extra option. If we take an early round one exit this trade for me is going to be a big reason why. Especially since it was sold to us as making us better this year.

Once again:

People keep saying Hodgson would make our PP better when clearly while he was here it had already hit the skids.

Unless he was going to replace Sedin if that's what you are suggesting?

And again the team had already hit the skids when he was here. It didn't just happen after he left.

So sounds like your opinion is just that.

That not even getting into Hodgson defensive troubles while playing in Buffalo.

I hope Kassian can develop into a real power forward for the future, and Gragnani can turn into an Erhoff given the chance, but for now, on THIS run, Hodgson certainly would have been more beneficial.

The trade was confusing since the whole plan was to have 3 lines that can score, which we had with Hodgson. Trading him simply made us back into a 2 line deep team with 2 checking lines. And now we can't score...

Trading Hodgson and losing Daniel to injury accounted for 25% of the goals the team had scored. That was 2 of our top 4 goal,scorers. It's no surprise we can't seem to score now... with those two gone/out, our offense is barely middle of the pack.

Thanks to the Boston formula and the Weber 2500,00 wristslap the NHL has gone total caveman.

If anyone still thinks Cody Hodgson could survive the playoff savagery i would welcome them to watch the games from yesterday.

Ive never seen the first round so vicious, ever.

It turns out this was the biggest bonehead trade of Gillis's short GM career.

With his focus on the Boston Bruins, he entirely forgot about getting his team past the Western Conference.

Ownership really needs to review what he has done so far. It was Burke and Nonis who built this team and while he managed to be around for the success, he has slow dismantled this team by making bad trades.

The team has a serious offense problem. It was clearly apparent in the Cup Final and it was clearly visible during the second half of the season. He then trades a third line center that was producing offense with very little icetime. Gillis doesn't know what he's doing.

It's time to clear house.

Archived