The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Thought The Hodgson Trade Was Suppose To Make Us Better For The Playoffs

ccc44

Grags is a scratch and Kassian just has not really been effective and our PP has suffered with out Hodgson since the deal .

Like i have said from day one this deal was one to be made in the off season if at all .

Even if we had Hodgson, nothing would change because our defenders on PP are brutal and Edler likes to give up the puck. What we are missing are Torres, Samuelsson and Ehrhoff. Those players who are clutch in playoffs and have playoff experience. Booth hasn't been a difference maker, and we have lost a lot of skill without those players. Gillis shouldn't have changed the team that went to the final but it is what it is.

Even if we had Hodgson, nothing would change because our defenders on PP are brutal and Edler likes to give up the puck. What we are missing are Torres, Samuelsson and Ehrhoff. Those players who are clutch in playoffs and have playoff experience. Booth hasn't been a difference maker, and we have lost a lot of skill without those players. Gillis shouldn't have changed the team that went to the final but it is what it is.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Gillis made a bad move (for the present, like I always believed). I still believe Hodgson would have had an impact.

* Not butthurt

The move is great for the future if Kassian pans out.

Powerforwards are hard to develop, you either get a Lucic or a Bernier.

Archived