The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If We Lose This Game, Schneider Needs To Start The 3Rd Game

Pouria

Luongo has been playing great. The team still has 2 losses though, and needs a change.

If you're going to give Schneider a shot, it has to be now. Makes little sense to put him in G4 when we're down 0-3.

Scenario 1: G3 - Lu, W --> G4 - Lu

Scenario 2: G3 - Lu, L --> G4 - Cory (has to win 4 straight)

Scenario 3: G3 - Cory, W --> G4 - Cory

Scenario 4: G3 - Cory, L --> G4 - Lu (give Lu a shot to steal the series)

Unless AV is going to put Schneider in a situation where he has to win 4 straight to have a chance at his first playoff series win, he should be starting tomorrow. We've seen him play better than all the rookie goaltenders that have carried playoff teams the past couple of years, and it would be dumb not to give him an opportunity to carry this team tomorrow.

You guys seem to be more of a Luongo fan than Canucks fan. Am sorry, but I want to see the team win, whether it means a change in goalie, sitting Edler or scratching Tanev. I don't care about feelings, we need to win or go home. If you want Luongo's feeling to not get hurt, then start him but don't blame him if we lose in the playoffs again. Stupid bandwagon fans!

I don't think Luongo is at fault at all but 2 goals in this game he fell right to his belly and he doesn't give himself much of a chance to make the save. But this series is feeling very simliar to the Bruins series, the Canucks aren't getting any great scoring chances and being kept to the outside. Av needs to change his game plan although I no that will not happen. Are power play has been terrible and a lot of it is because of the way the Kings are playing on their pk with such agressive play.

On a side note I really looking forward to see how the Canucks play come game 3, if they want to be the team that they think they are then this series will be far from over. But if they come out flat and no heart they don't deserve to move on simply is that. The Penguins are on the same boat a lot of people have pegged them as cup favourites and they lost in a worst ways then the Canucks.

Archived