The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If We Lose, Who Will Be Our Coach Next Season?

afesposit

Listen bud, before you make any judgement calls on me remember one thing.. i've watched this team since early 2000 and i've watched AV since he was hired. My conclusion on AV is not based on two games but has been building up since the day he got here.

His unwillingness to show any emotion and call out players at the bench, his inability to call timely timeouts when the game's momentum is shifting, his attitude towards some players in playing favorites is sickening.

He continued that this series and last night. I just want him gone whether we win this series or SCF or not. We need a new voice back there. There are a million and one fans that feel the same way.

And don't call me a bandwagoner. Canucks are my only ride this year to the SC. If they're gone this round or later in the series, i'm gonna be depressed but i'll follow them til the end.

Thank you very much for your incorrect observations

/rant

Larry Robinson (If Possible)

Adam Oates

Don Hay

Tim Hunter (Boy, the media scrums would be hilarious then)

Kevin McCarthy from Philly would be a good call. He's a former Canucks Captain. Was assistant coach with Carolina when they won the Stanley Cup. And is a current assistant with Philly. He was also the 6th best d-man in points in Canucks History, so maybe he can teach our defense a bit better.

There is options.

Kevin MCCarthy now there's a dark horse...

Larry Robinson (If Possible)

Adam Oates

Don Hay

Tim Hunter (Boy, the media scrums would be hilarious then)

Kevin McCarthy from Philly would be a good call. He's a former Canucks Captain. Was assistant coach with Carolina when they won the Stanley Cup. And is a current assistant with Philly. He was also the 6th best d-man in points in Canucks History, so maybe he can teach our defense a bit better.

There is options.

Craig Mactavish - Has passion which this team lacks

Scott Arniel?

Paul Maurice - I think he is a better coach than his record shows

Ted Nolan? hasn't coached much tho

Brent Sutter? Did a lot more with calgary than I expected him to

Not really A lot of options I like a lot...

I think A younger coach would be best late 30's early 40s. Craig Mactavish is older but I think he is very in tune with the current state of the league.

My favourite coaches are - Peter Laviolette - Joel Quenneville - Dan Bylsma - Mike Babcock

I think If AV is fired then Canucks need to hire a coach that has won it, either as a player or a coach.

Long shot - Bob Hartley. He coached Colorado to 4 division titles - 3 conference finals - 1 stanley cup. Has passion but hasn't coached in a while.

Or who knows, maybe canucks come back in this series and somehow find a way to win...

This is the third thread tonight where I've said Pat Quinn, should be our coach and or gm.

Oh yah, I'm also the guy who got massively flamed for suggesting that Schneider should tandem every other game with Luongo over 15 months ago.

My guesses = Craig MacTavish or Brent Sutter. Gillis played with Mac-T in Boston and he played against Sutter when Sutter was with the Islanders. I think Gillis would likely go with Mac-T given their history (plus they're the same age and they were drafted the same year in 78) and given that Mike was involved in the hiring of Mac-T for the Chicago Wolves.

Brent Sutter would be a good choice too. Sutter has a good coaching record and he was just stuck with a weak team in Calgary. Those Sutters were tough customers. Brent had the most success in the NHL of all the Sutter brothers.

I'd like either of the two as Coach of the Canucks if AV is let go.

Archived