The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Luongo Or Scheider In Game 3?

The Magician

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luongo has probably been the best player these two games on the team.

BUT, put Schneider in. We want to put him in game 3 to change momentum. Schneids has the ability to stand on his head on the road against GREAT teams. We saw this in the regular season against bruins, hawks, sharks etc.

Put him in next game...would be difficult to put him in game 4 if we lose game 3 with lu in net for AV. Next game would be the best time.

But I dont think it will happen unfortunately :( AV is damn stubborn and though he has had two great goalies, I dont think he used them that well to his advantage.

This could also throw LA off.

I'm going to say schneider and it's not because luongo played poorly its because the team needs something to change and it has to start somewhere. I hope the special teams are practiced over and over and over between now and the next game

The team needs a shake up!! That 4th goal Lu had plenty of time to get up and he layed there looking at the ref for what!? A penalty??? I'm a huge Lu supporter but wtf was that crap??? I'm so mad, if Schneider doesn't start I'm going to lose it!

Its painful watching Luongo supporters stand up for him. The breakaway was at an angle, and he should be better than a coinflip to stop that. Instead, he whiffs, like he always does, making the first move, and getting beaten. We've painfully seen it now for too many years. He always commits first on breakways. The first goal, he allows his feet to get swiped out and does a snow angel. Third goal, he can't stop a simple push on a dump to the net. Fourth goal was a total joke. Far too often, when Luongo belly flops to the ice, the puck finds the back of the net. You'd think after some simple tape watching he'd figure out that when he's down, he's out. Instead, he flails and flops like its never cost him a big goal in his career.

Again, are we absolutely sure about this? I saw G-Valk talk about that today but I'm thinking back to that game against Calgary where the Canucks could have taken control of their destiny in the President's Trophy race but ended up losing. Only one of, what is it, 2 times that they've lost in regulation after leading after 2 periods in the last 5 years or something like that?

Wake up. All four tonight were his responsibility. Those four chances, and the shot saved in the high slot in the 2nd, were the Kings best of the night. He needs to make 3 of those 5 saves. Quick did.

The defense is most certainly responsible for allowing the chances. But, they were not gimme goals, and Luongo needs to make a big save now and again. Thomas did last year. Big Game goalies do. Luongo is not part of that fraternity.

Again,

Canucks fans are so stupid...

Well most of you

That have never even learned to play hockey....or skate.

Dummies, its not the goalies fault at all....pfffft

Five guys have to make a mistake before the puck gets in your net.

Scoring goals wins...have you seen that yet? Even before the playoffs? Oui et Non....

Couver is running on nerves and tension and they aint nerves of steel more like nerves of noodles. This team has buckled under, like Austrailia under and its over over over no cup no series its golf time buds.....only five days away....

Eat that Riot F__kS

Thanks

I must say I'm impressed with the effort you've taken to throw the man under the bus. You even managed a way to lay blame over the first goal of the game, after Luongo made an impressive save on a turnover. At the moment the puck is released from the Kings players stick, Luongo has a Canucks player crashing overtop of him. But of course, he should be expected to make the save. It's not worth my time to comment on any further goals you've mentioned. Clearly you don't understand the sport, or position you're watching.

If I'm not mistaken, last year we made it two game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. Now you're saying that we can't win with Roberto Luongo in net?

ONLY the 3rd goal was SOLELY his fault.

1st goal = What can Luongo do? He's not God. He made a HUGE save on Kopitar, and then got ran over. How else is he gonna make the save???

2nd goal - Luongo could have played it better, but tell me. Did Henrik or Kesler skate hard enough to catch Brown who was KILLING A PENALTY? You expect your PP guys to have more energy then the PK guy. Also, Hamhuis fell before he got to the puck. 3rd goal would never had happen if we scored on the fcken PP

4th goal = He made the initial save, in fact he made the 2nd little save too. If our D didnt fell on Luongo, maybe Lu could have gotten back up quickly. If our D yelled at Luongo where the puck was (Cause he clearly didnt know where it was) maybe Luongo would have gotten back up quickly.

Seirously, Luongo WAS NOT the problem tonight. The players in front of him were. Oh and, he DID made big saves, in fact he made A LOT of big saves tonight.

I'm not absolving the D tonight. I'm not absolving Hamhuis for letting the puck get by him at the point on the breakaway. They were brutal. They have to be better. There is absolutely no excuse for the turnover in the first by Edler.

We had our chances, however, too. Remember flashes of Beast Mode in the second when Kesler toe-drags into the slot? What happened?

High-% scoring chances happen in a game. Tonight, arguably, the Kings outchanced us like that ~ 7-5. Point is, Luongo lets in 4 of them. Quick lets in 1 (he had no chance on Hansen's goal).

I'd almost give you the first period goal, if I haven't watched the man refuse to fight for his feet/position and fall to the ice so easily for the last six years. For me, that's the biggest difference between Schneider and Luongo. Scheneider holds his ground and fights for his feet. Luongo goes down nearly as easily as Mason Raymond does.

I'll ask the same question I asked above...if Schneider is in tonight, do we get lesser performance? No way. Luongo is a $6mil cap hit, and the supposed cornerstone of our franchise, in tandem with the Sedins. Our backup would have done just as much tonight. The fans know it and the team knows it. Its time to pass the baton.

Archived