The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Luongo Or Scheider In Game 3?

The Magician

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its painful watching Luongo supporters stand up for him. The breakaway was at an angle, and he should be better than a coinflip to stop that. Instead, he whiffs, like he always does, making the first move, and getting beaten. We've painfully seen it now for too many years. He always commits first on breakways. The first goal, he allows his feet to get swiped out and does a snow angel. Third goal, he can't stop a simple push on a dump to the net. Fourth goal was a total joke. Far too often, when Luongo belly flops to the ice, the puck finds the back of the net. You'd think after some simple tape watching he'd figure out that when he's down, he's out. Instead, he flails and flops like its never cost him a big goal in his career.

Look, he needs to be better than 50-50 on all four of those plays tonight. If he is, we're in the game. He made one massive save in the high slot, granted. Still, you can make all of the excuses you want, the guy can't consistently make big saves when this team needs him. Quick, on the other hand, made all of those coin flip saves tonight, except for the Pahlsson goal.

This team cannot win with Roberto Luongo in goal. Only a team stacked with the best Canada can offer, versus the world, can. In comparison, The Ginger will hold his ground, play the right angles, trust his technique and keep the bad ones out. And, he plays at this level with all of about 60 games or so played in the NHL. He'll only get better.

Cory Schneider is the Canuck goaltender going forward, or we're out. Plain and simple. Furthermore, this is a turning point for the franchise, if we don't give the reins to The Ginger and instead dump him this summer for draft picks. The only people following the NHL who don't realize this are on these boards and/or likely watching tape at Rogers Arena right now.

NHL goalies have to make the big saves. We can't just accept every goal that goes in if it was a tough shot. It's almost as if we are okay if Luongo doesn't let in the weak goals, but instead we should have the standard that if you don't make the big saves I.e. Dustin brown break away then you are no better than mediocre, which is not good enough in the play offs. It seems like Luongo can give up 3 to 4 goals a game, and his supporters are okay if only 1 or 2 are weak. However, not only should the standard be that no weak goals be allowed but he has to come up with that big save. Especially when the alternative to Luongo is a guy with a .940 save percentage and basically only had 1 bad game out of 30

Its gotta be Schneider...I would agree that Luongo was the best player in game 1 but I still think the 1st goal in that game has to be considered a bit soft. He definitely was not the best player in game 2, he also wasn't the worst. He definitely wasn't the reason we lost either game but he probably didn't do enough to help the team win either...especially game 2. I tend to agree with the people that comment on how easily and quickly he goes down to the ice, and once he's down he seemingly refuses to get back to his feet until after the puck is in the back of the net. Once again I don't think he's been terrible but something has to change and I don't really see many options other than a goalie switch. The only thing that concerns me is that he hasn't played badly enough as to make it obvious that Schneids should start game 3 and with AV you never know he could be stubborn and just keep playing Luongo.

Luongo's play has been great, before you start bashing look at our 2nd line which hasn't got a point (Booth-Kes) or the fact that our PP has done nothing as of late.

Luongo has been playing fine, he got the 2nd star in game one and played well tonight as well. In game three I expect to see Luongo again and the Canucks offence pick it up. I would only put Schnieds in for a change in momentum or if Lu needs a rest, and neither of these are applicable right now.

Luongo is NOT the problem behind our stuggles these past two games. If you think that, then you're sorely mistaken. The team has not shown up at all, well maybe for like the first 3 minutes of each game but then it has gone downhill from there. The only thing that goalie switch-up will do is shake up the team a little. Pathetic effort by the team just being honest. You go and watch other games where teams are constantly giving it their all, and it seems like we have a bunch of players who are unmotivated and make more turnovers than a baker. If that's the way they're going to play the rest of this series, I wouldn't be surprised if we have an early exit. I have confidence that our team does possess the skill, but for whatever reason it's just frustrating when they don't display more consistency in their play, whether it be motivation or just connecting on a team level. It's painful to watch, as evident by last night's powerplay blunders.

Quicks team is playing much better. He can see every shot. I don't care who starts because it won't matter unless they start scoring. We've seen it with Cory also. Jackets game he gave up 3 which is unlike him, the team infront played like crap but managed to score 4 to win it. This team can score and need to start for us to win.

Screw who starts.... Who will step up and score? Who will make that defensive play that leads into a scoring chance? Who makes that big hit? Who scores that game winner NEXT? Honestly put Eddie Lack in and Vancouver can still win, they just need to skate harder and put the pucks in the net. Crash Quick, take away his eyes! I believe this team can come back. I never thought LA would get swept or the boys would have it easy. Road to the cup has tons of adversity! Right now two great teams in Pittsburgh and Vancouver have to either suck it up and come back hard or pack it in and let their goalies try win it! I say Start Luongo. Penguins will go with Fleury dispite those goals, why? Because it's the guys up front that need to step up and start playing playoff hockey.

I predict the Flyers and Kings won't be able to handle the Canucks and Penguins fury and push back.

Archived