Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Mg, You Failed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#1 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

1. Not adding a top 4 defenseman
2. Trading away the scoring depth for a young Steve Bernier
3. Build a team without character (no, I am not talking about the diving, yapping character)
4. Fail to add another top 6 forward
5. Keep thinking that the roster is good enough to make it to the Final again, and fail to realize teams in the conference are all getting stronger compare to last season.

MG, YOU FAILED.

#2 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

1.edler supposed to be that. Top 4 defensemen don't grow on trees
2.steve bernier. Lol
3.boston does that they won,we don't do it that much bud. But when we do it gets overblown.
4.David booth
5.he did two deals to get the team tougher and bigger.

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#3 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

1. Not adding a top 4 defenseman
2. Trading away the scoring depth for a young Steve Bernier
3. Build a team without character (no, I am not talking about the diving, yapping character)
4. Fail to add another top 6 forward
5. Keep thinking that the roster is good enough to make it to the Final again, and fail to realize teams in the conference are all getting stronger compare to last season.

MG, YOU FAILED.

So, looking to beat the rush to the head of the "I told you so" line? I trust you are hoping that the Canucks do fail for the rest of the series to improve your position?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#4 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I think your overall post rating of -458 speaks for how valid your opinion is

#5 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

lets face it guys, our defense is just not good enough and not big enough, how are the nucks letting the kings players just drive to the net. Luongo played amazing and saved us on many occasions.

#6 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

I don't care what anyone says MG made a very bad move trading Cody away. We're supposed to be modelled after Detroit but Detroits rule is you never trades away your young talent.

Edited by Anti-Bettman, 13 April 2012 - 09:58 PM.

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

I think your overall post rating of -458 speaks for how valid your opinion is

lol .. great to be on CDC when the likes of "understand" is creating threads. I feel like I'm covered in $hit at the bottom of a sewer being logged on right now lol

Posted Image

#8 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Lol at the idea of Samuelsson being a scrap player. Thank god we got rid of Sturm though... dunno what he was thinking gambling on that guy.

Edited by hockeyville88, 13 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.
inappropriate quoted post removed

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'm sorry, but did the Canucks already lose? Oh, that's right. The series isn't even over yet. In fact, it's only two games. Does not winning every game eliminate you from the Playoffs? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you say MG has failed when the Canucks haven't been eliminated yet? The Canucks are still in this and have been the best team in the world for how many years now? They're playing one of the worst teams in the playoffs who just happen to have a lead because they're taking advantage of bull PPs. But you know what? They still ???? suck. The canucks are one of the best ???? teams of all time, they won 2 President's Trophies and would of won a Stanley cup with fair officiating. Maybe you should shut the frack up before you make retarded posts like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Canucks win the cup and someone bumps this topic. Are you a ???? drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a ???? idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm ???? serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Canuck topics because you're a ???? hater who doesn't like the Canucks because they're good. frack you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these ???? players on the board, like I give a frack. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid crap like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your ???? life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. frack you. You are nothing.

Edited by Bossy, 13 April 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#10 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

You fail at making threads.

canucks141.png

#11 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

We needed a big shutdown defenceman, we didn't get it. MG had to replace Ehrhoff and was ignorant for thinking our defence could step up.

Sure they filled his shoes points-wise, but that's 24 minutes a night that guys like Tanev, Ballard and Rome have to play instead.

Our forwards are fine, our defence is struggling and they're not even injured yet. Bieksa and Hamhuis have done nothing special so far and Edler has really crapped the bed.
Posted Image

#12 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,325 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Always a pleasure to have you point out nothing relevant at all, Understand. Honestly. You make it sound like GM's just snap their fingers and the magic roster fairy shows up. And knows who'll pan out and who won't. You're writing off players who have barely got their pads soaked in sweat. Give me a break.

And Kes is one of the league's best, don't kid yourself.

But I like how you lurk and wait for things to falter a bit before chiming in.

Posted Image

#13 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Lol at the idea of Samuelsson being a scrap player. Thank god we got rid of Sturm though... dunno what he was thinking gambling on that guy.

Samuelsson is a soft player. He played so good against LA last year, you say? Look at last year's LA Kings and their team of this year. They are a much more physical team now and Samuelsson, much like when he was playing against Chicago for the last wo seasons, would have disappeared.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#14 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I miss Samuelsson. Toughness isn't the issue. This team lacks offensive catalysts and finishers.

Posted Image

MERCY YEARS - Debut EP out now! - Check it out at mercyyears.com

#15 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Samuelsson is a soft player. He played so good against LA last year, you say? Look at last year's LA Kings and their team of this year. They are a much more physical team now and Samuelsson, much like when he was playing against Chicago for the last wo seasons, would have disappeared.

regards,
G.

The whole team last year was soft players according to our fan base. Our speed, finesse, and skill took us to game 7 of the SCF and we very well could have won if not for the large amounts of injuries. How's this new "tough team" working out?

Yeah.

Edit: For the record I'm not dumping on Booth. I think he is slightly overpaid and overrated but I do really like what he brings. I was just defending the idea that Samuelsson was a "scrap player" though. People also forget he had a pretty significant role on our dominating PP last season.

Edited by Demo250, 13 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

yes because adding a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman in this league is very easy.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#17 foskco87

foskco87

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Im sorry but so far kassian is a joke. The fact that we traded hodgson, the future of our team for his "size and grit" is so sad I could almost cry. Everyone was thinking now now now, well what if we dont win the cup this year, and so far its not looking good. Then what? Hodgson is the EXACT player every team wants and needs to build a franchise around and we threw him away for....I wouldnt even call him a young steve bernier. Hes worse than bernier. He has virtually no presence of any kind on our team. Hodgson was stronger on the puck and he was half his size. I feel sick thinking about it. Im not saying this team is a write off, but we would have been better off with hodgson. He could be our second line winger right now. And if we absolutely had to trade him, why couldnt we have waited until we could get a good defenseman and get a FAIR trade, instead of hodgson for a half eaten bag of peanuts.

#18 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Kassian trade really pisses me off. Just stand pat, if you're gonna do something that stupid. He made the team even worse both short-term and long-term.

#19 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

yes because adding a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman in this league is very easy.

We traded Cody ???? Hodgson. We could have easily gotten one by adding some other small pieces.

#20 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Kassian trade really pisses me off. Just stand pat, if you're gonna do something that stupid. He made the team even worse both short-term and long-term.

It wouldn't bother me so much if we had a strong bunch of prospects. An aging core with no real notable draft picks to our name is never a good thing though. I guess you could say Kassian is a notable draft pick... let's hope we get a Bertuzzi out of him and not a plumber.

Edited by Demo250, 13 April 2012 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 apires

apires

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I think the boys played much better tonight. That being said, Hodgson was my favourite player and had a knack for putting pucks in the net at clutch moments.

Could have used some of that tonight.

#22 Noir

Noir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Jeez. Give the OP a break. He probably doesn't mean it and is just venting a frustrating & disheartening 2 game loss. Maybe, I kinda feel for the OP.

I'd say just let this thread go as an avenue to vent (and just blow of some steam). I think more of us need it more than you think. The recent outcomes have certainly been heartbreaking.

Edited by Noir, 13 April 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#23 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Samuelsson is a soft player. He played so good against LA last year, you say?

regards,
G.

You mean that Samuelsson that led the entire Canucks team in playoff scoring two years ago?

#24 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Why did MG trade Cody for a guy we're playing 5mins a night. I get that Kassian MIGHT be a good power forward in a few years but in terms of making an impact this year, it doesn't make any sense. We could've traded virtually anything for any other tough 4th liner that'll play 5mins a game if he really wanted a player to do what Kassian is doing us right now.

sig by Malkin71

#25 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Jeez. Give the OP a break. He probably doesn't mean it and is just venting a frustrating & disheartening 2 game loss. Maybe, I kinda feel for the OP.

.. clearly youre new here..

go back and read what this joker has posted in the past...

actually, no, dont.. save yourself from the outright stupidity that is "understand"

Posted Image

#26 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Completely agree. I was happy with MG's track record before the Hodgson trade. After that, I've completely lost all faith in him.

Buffalo won the Hodgson deal, hands down. You will see for yourself in 3-4 years.

#27 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I did not like the Hodgson trade for the way it was done and the way MG laid the onus on the rookie.

He should have been a man and stood up and protected Cody going out with Kas coming in.He did not.

I do like Kassian and I like Pahlsson.

Booth,Kassian and Pahlsson all showed up tonight.

We have a second line problem-they don't score.

We have a problem on the PP.

Quick is an excellent goalie and LA is playing great.

LA is a very good team playing great.

That's hockey.The boys will show up and give it their all.That is all anybody can ask.

Edited by nuck nit, 13 April 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#28 forever_hope

forever_hope

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

While there is no reason we should simply give up and call it a season.. some of MG's moves have definitely been questionable but it's not the easiest job in the world..

With that said.. it's going to be interesting to see what happens if we can't come through:

-I'm guessing MG would likely remain GM but AV and some of the coaching staff will probably be gone..
-Unless Luongo really flops in the next few games then he will stay and Schneider will be moved for some interesting pieces..
-Raymond gone IMO
-Ballard may be traded if the right trade comes along..
-Salo would be a question mark
-I think we'll give a legit shot for our young guys like Schroeder next year
-Maybe one of our key pieces traded? Someone like Bieksa, Edler, or even Kesler?
Posted Image

#29 BiriBiri

BiriBiri

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I never did agree with the trade, regardless of how we were 'manhandled' by boston in the SCF - I would've stuck with a skillful lineup instead of getting enforcer / big guy types.

#30 Noir

Noir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

.. clearly youre new here..

go back and read what this joker has posted in the past...

actually, no, dont.. save yourself from the outright stupidity that is "understand"

lol. It's that bad eh?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.