Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Understand

Mg, You Failed

82 posts in this topic

Gillis is not an idiot. It seems pretty clear that his hands were tied in the Hodgson trade. I bet he traded him so there wouldn't be a future problem.

He's gone, get over it. I miss him too, but I'm not dwelling on the past.

lol .. great to be on CDC when the likes of "understand" is creating threads. I feel like I'm covered in $hit at the bottom of a sewer being logged on right now lol

Kesler has been terrible all year long.

I had expected him to step up come playoffs.

Now makes losing Hodgson even worse.

I don't care what anyone says MG made a very bad move trading Cody away. We're supposed to be modelled after Detroit but Detroits rule is you never trades away your young talent.

I think your overall post rating of -458 speaks for how valid your opinion is

Not sure what game the Kassian haters watched tonight but I was at the game and the guy was a hit machine and he's plenty strong along the boards when guarding the puck. He totally held the defender off with one arm while stick handling with the other, had time to look around to see if a play could be made and skated out and got a decent shot on goal that made Quick look behind him. He reminds me a bit of Mats Sundin.

I will say that Cody is the kind of guy that you often see stepping up in the playoffs and being that secondary scoring that all playoff teams talk about like Marchand was for Boston last year. As much as I hate that freaking rat Marchand the guy killed us last year in the playoffs, he scored so many timely goals for Boston and that's kind of what I saw Cody being able to do for us this year. But................... We have to play with the personelle we have and make no mistake we have some great personelle, just have to put it together.

CDC really needs to bring back the minus for topics like this.

I don't care what anyone says MG made a very bad move trading Cody away. We're supposed to be modelled after Detroit but Detroits rule is you never trades away your young talent.

I just wished that MG would have signed a yappy 4th liner to complement Lappy on the 4th in the off-season.

I think your overall post rating of -458 speaks for how valid your opinion is

Kassian trade really pisses me off. Just stand pat, if you're gonna do something that stupid. He made the team even worse both short-term and long-term.

canucks are dead tired its so obvious

they cant keep up with other teams

All i gotta say.

Go Caucks Go.

This series still has a lot of hockey to be played. Last time i checked a team needs to win 4 to win the series.

This series has only just begun.

Go Canucks Go.

I seen one good shift from Kassian last night, but I don't think he or Gragnani have enough impact on this team that are going to get us back to the cup this year, they both need a season with the wolves. Reinprecht would be a better use of that roster spot right now. Booth was a hitting machine last night..

like say if a miracle happens

the canucks win the next 4 games

then what are you going to say, gillis is the greatest hahha

canucks are dead tired its so obvious

they cant keep up with other teams

The biggest difference in most of the big regular season games this season was Hodgson's clutch goals.

You do know that there are actual facts out there that people can look up that over-ride your fantasies?

Hodgson's stats would put him as the 8th in points on our team *behind two defemcemen even)... just ahead of Hansen who didn't get a sniff of power play time in order to pad his stats.

There is a possibility that he could have helped us so far... but I would say that it is a stretch to say that he would have been better than Pahlsson who replaced him. The Pahlsson/Hansen/Higgins line was by far our best in the first game and down the stretch during the regular season.

They're dead tired because they focus on grinding rather than keeping players who can score clutch goals. The biggest difference in most of the big regular season games this season was Hodgson's clutch goals. As much as the team loves to promote the fact that they play 60 minutes, whistle-to-whistle, and play the right way, blah blah blah, the game is made a hell of a lot easier when somebody can just pop goals and/or your goalie puts up a wall. If you have both you most likely have the Stanley Cup.

I don't understand what it is but as MG tried to bring pure offensive players into the big club like Sundin, Demitra, Grabner, Shirokov and Hodgson they start at the top lines then get relegated further by AV then get shipped out. These players I consider pure offensive players with a fairly complete package offensively. It's hard to find and these talents should be retained as much as possible.

I think AV does play a factor in this. His natural mindset is to play those tough-it-out, grind-em-out games. He has tried to adapt to playing a more offensive style but if there's defense lacking he'd freak out and relegate a Hodgson quicker than he'd string together offensive players when there are scoring droughts to get offense going. The team doesn't have a pure offensive mindset. It's attack only when it's safe rather than trying to create plays. I think that's a big strategic mistake esp with a team that has fairy good defense and goaltending which is the proper environment to take chances.

I said big regular season games... not the season average.

One or two clutch goals can make up for 40 minutes of work or subpar play.