The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mg, You Failed

Understand

1. Not adding a top 4 defenseman

2. Trading away the scoring depth for a young Steve Bernier

3. Build a team without character (no, I am not talking about the diving, yapping character)

4. Fail to add another top 6 forward

5. Keep thinking that the roster is good enough to make it to the Final again, and fail to realize teams in the conference are all getting stronger compare to last season.

MG, YOU FAILED.

This is the asbolute problem with the team.

You ship out every skilled player (aside from the Sedin's) and you are left with a team of average skilled grinders. There is no person on this team (Kesler included) aside from Daniel that I feel has the skill to score on a consistent basis. Kesler does not use his line mates effectively, Booth has absolutely no vision, and aside from those two we are left with a team of grinders. This is hardly Stanley Cup champ worthy. If anything, without Daniel this team now looks a whole lot like Calgary.

What SHOULD have happened instead of the whole Hodgson trade debacle, is stick Kesler as the third line C and move Hodgson to the 2nd C. There, problem solved. We all know Kesler has not done anything, aside from "working hard", to deserve 2nd C responsibilities this year.

But when all is said and done we can look back on these playoffs and say "We were missing Daniel Sedin, so it's ok that we lost, we'll look forward to next year".... I'm sorry, but losing Daniel is THE ABSOLUTE REASON WE NEED ANOTHER FCKING SKILLED FORWARD. And no, I don't mean the one man show of less skilled selfishness that is Kesler (Although I LOVE how hard he works...).

If Vancouver gets bounced first round, there needs to be a completely different approach to how this team is built. Yes, you need the hard working grinders, but you also need the skill.

Instead of looking at the "Detroit" model, maybe Gillis should be looking at the "Philadelphia" or "Chicago" or "Boston" model to win the Stanley Cup. Philly has 2 rookie centers for crying out loud who are playing phenomenal. Detroit isnt the only team with the capabilities of consistently making it to the playoffs...

Archived