The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Kings 4, Canucks 2

Ryan Murray

I get the same feeling as I did watching us play to the Bruins.

We know Vancouver can easily be the better team, IS the better team, but the way they're coasting right now...

They'll get it back, but I think Schneider should start game 3, not because of Lu's play, but to refocus the boys

I'm calling out Gillis, he made bad trades this year. Here's my reasoning.

Since the lockout, the Cup winning team has had at least 8 players who've had increased PPG in the playoffs. At the beginning of this season, the Canucks had 3 players who had increased PPG in the playoffs since the lockout (Burr, Salo, Samuelsson).

So what does Gillis do? He trades one of those guys (Sammy) for a guy who's never played in the playoffs (Booth). During reg season and playoffs, Sammy produced more in Florida than Booth did here. You now have this $4.2 contract for the next 3 years.

At the deadline, Gillis trades his 4th leading scorer (I don't care what his name is) to bring in a guy who's never played in the playoffs (Kass) and another guy who currently sits in the pressbox. He then trades two 4th round picks for a guy who's supposed to centre your third checking line. This 'new' checking whos sole purpose is to take the opponents top lines so Kes/Hank can face lower quality of competition.

So we're 2 games into the playoffs, what's the story?

The Canucks have not won a game yet. This 'new' checking line gets demolished by Kopitars line in game 1, so it's dismantled for game 2. Now you're back to square one where Hank and Kes have to face top 2 lines. And your team has only scored 4 goals in 2 playoff games while you've just traded away 2 guys who can score goals.

Hopefully the boys can turn things around, it's a long road down 2-0.

Actually, there's a huge chance. Not a single player on the roster seems ready to elevate their game, while LA has Brown, Richards, Carter, Penner, Doughty, and Quick firing on all cylinders. Canucks just look lazy and the PP is embarrassing.

Quick is the reason why I didn't want this series especially we don't have Danny.

Anyways, I think Schneids needs to start the next game. Don't get me wrong, Lu has been great but I think the team trust him way too much and depend on him. They think if they slack off, Lu will bail them out. Lu can hold the fort for as long as he can but Kings are just good offensively.

This team needs to wake-up. This is the playoffs! They have been waiting for this the whole season and now they are going to throw it away? Depressing...

PP needs rebuilding. New combos are needed.

Special Team is key for this series.. Unfortunately, our special teams sucks. There is no way in hell we will win this series if they don't rebuild them.

I feel uneasy going to LA with 2-0 but that is what they get for throwing games 1 and 2.

Schneider will get the start in game 3. Mark my words. It is a must-win for sure. We will see what kind of character this team is made of on Sunday... roll over and die or actually put up a fight. For now, they are nothing but a bunch of President's trophy chumps and losers. Nice job teasing the fans in the regular season. If they get knocked out of the first-round, expect a major overhaul (AV fired, Luongo run out of town and significant changes to the roster). The window to win the cup may close very soon with this existing group.

Canucks really miss Daniel out there. Don't underestimate the potential impact of trading away Hodgson as well. Simply put, scoring two goals a game will not cut it.

Gills deserves much of the blame as well. Trading Hodgson was a disastrous move.

They just don't have the firepower anymore.

Kassian looks like complete garbage. This is the one and only time I will say I miss Hodgson.

Canucks have no 'bread and butter' this year. Everything they have sucks.

2 goals SH, 2 goals on the PP. Special teams is neutered.

Face it, Kesler has officially been neutered.

Defense is pathetic, not intimidating at all, same for forwards.

So much wrong with this team...

Duncan Keith should be banned from the province of B.C. for life. His disgusting, total lack of respect play put the Canucks in this hole. "5 games?" says Keith. "I could do that in my sleep." no wonder there's no respect for the opponent in this league. Oh well, you have to stick with the team through the good times and the bad to be a true fan! Go Canucks! I still believe!

the problem of this team is that it is so freaking predictable... do they really need to do at least one drop pass per PP??? do they have no other way to get the puck up the ice???

this team is so freaking predictable with AV's freaking system. I am so tired of it and if we happen to lose in the first round, please show AV the door as I really don't want to see him here anymore. This team has no creativity and become so predictable especially in the playoffs.

We told you the team hasn't been playing well for months...But NOOOOOOOOOOOO we were all labeled as finicky never satisfied fans. These issues were covered up by outstanding goaltending but now it's blowing up in their face and I just have one thing to say. I TOLD YOU SO!

Archived