Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Pgt] Kings 4, Canucks 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
268 replies to this topic

#241 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

If its a sweep, Rome, luongo, raymond and maybe even Kesler are gone. Bowness and Brown and entire scouting staff for grabbing Kassian

If the Canucks lose this series, believe me Gillis and Francesco will not tolerate it. Something big will happen. I think that would be the last straw for this particular group. Obviously you keep the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows. You can't just get rid of players of that caliber. Other teams would snatch them up and that would bite us in the @$$! Hard decisions would be made regarding the identity of the team. That's where the big decisions would be. I think AV would have a 50/50 chance of losing his job. Gillis would stay, I think he's a good G.M. Francesco does not tolerate underachieving. I know that much. I think if we lose, Luongo may go. Not because he deserves to go, I think he's been our MVP all season long and takes way too much flak, but something would have to change. If you do what you've always done you'll be where you've always been. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I think the team needs a bit of a shake up anyway. The core 5 or 6 guys would stay. But some of the players I once thought untouchable may not be anymore. Bieksa and Luongo come to mind. The team was better in 2009 i think. Let's be honest too, our defense needed an upgrade at the deadline. I'll admit I was wrong and apologize to the people who said they should have done that. It's obvious we're very weak in that area right now. Sorry, enough of my thoughts. Whatever happens, Canucks for life baby!

#242 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Have faith in our boys! They have to perform much better now!
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#243 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Need to sleep this one off

Good night all :(
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#244 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Edler should be benched after that game.
Maybe he's injured.
he needs to be told to clear the fn net , play the body.
fkn back passes ?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#245 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

I'm an emotional eater so I'm heading to McDonalds right now
So much for my healthy diet...

Ha ha i just power-ate a whole assortment of trail mix! What is making me feel better is watching detroit nashville. Philly pitts highlights helped too! They gave up shg too!

Edited by Cristalinastar, 14 April 2012 - 12:28 AM.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#246 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

lmao first round knockout.

i wonder if the canucks can win a game before it happens

#247 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

It's so embarrassing watching Henrik shoot the puck out there. At least I think that's what he's doing. There's no power behind his shot.

It's even more embarrassing watching him on the PP. He looks like the softest player out there getting knocked off the puck and turning it over constantly. I guess he really needs his brother to play.

#248 iCanucksLover

iCanucksLover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I was disappointed when I found out the Canucks lost Game 2 at work, but I still believe in this team.
This series is not over until the Kings win 4 games. Go Canucks! Go 4-0 or 4-1 in the next five games!

Posted Image

Thanks allons-y!

#249 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

the 1st game it was anger, 2nd game depression...maybe game3 will be bargaining lol.

Um does that mean that all season it was denial and after game 4 will come acceptance?

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#250 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Good thing we've got secondary scoring 'cause that's the only scoring we're getting! Our top 6 are brutally inneffective.

Honestly, it is the failure of our top players that is the problem. They are in no way leading the way and playing like our best. Can't win if youre best don't play their best.

#251 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

At least pittsburgh can score goals so they're not out of it yet. Our team can't score.

Um yeah but they have malkin and crosby and they are still losing and blowing leads. but do i think we are in a worse spot. Kes has had crap season and daniel is out.

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#252 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

The lack of a true sniper is one the problems. Unreliable scoring from the top 2 lines is just another big issue, ohh i almost forgot the defense lapses in the first two games.

Of the 48 shots on Quick maybe 5 were difficult. Why LA manages to get that many real scoring chances on far less shots (tonight)...?!

#253 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

You guys are welcome, my voice is gone from howling and cheering and beaking Doughty tonight, hope you guys liked the crowd too, that was one hell of a game for me (my first Canucks game)!! Truly too bad we lost but I had an absolute blast and Honey Badger made me proud to don his jersey.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#254 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

if they are not going to win, i rather see them get swept. dont want to waste my time.

How dare you. You are wishing humiliation on your team? The same team that fought through injuries to game seven last year?

comments like that are soooo bandwagon BS. We are all disappointed and pissed offf but seriously... Waste your time? Who are you? This is their careers their lives. Yeah we wouldnt want the canucks to waste YOUR time. Unreal

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#255 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

if they are not going to win, i rather see them get swept. dont want to waste my time.

No one gives a flying firetruck about how you spend your time.

#256 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

Best of 7 - CHI was down 3-0 last year and took us to game 7 OT.

Boston was down 2-0 and won the cup.

We as fans need to mature and realize while, yes, this is NOT the start we wanted to see - support our team, and hope they come through and take this series back.

I was at the game tonight, and when people started leaving the arena with 5+ minutes to play, it was pretty pathetic. Real hockey fans (myself included) stick it out 'til the end.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#257 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

We as fans need to mature and realize while, yes, this is NOT the start we wanted to see - support our team, and hope they come through and take this series back.

I was at the game tonight, and when people started leaving the arena with 5+ minutes to play, it was pretty pathetic. Real hockey fans (myself included) stick it out 'til the end.

the difference being the canucks arent even getting quality shots. you've got luongo making huge glove and toe saves at one end and then you have quick who could be replaced with a pylon and there would be just as many goals scored. 2 games now and the canucks havent had any good chances compared to the kings having dozens. it will take some sort of miracle for them to turn around this series.. we havent even seen how good quick is.

the canucks play has just been pathetic.

as for people leaving with 5mins left.. i contemplated turning the game off after the second shorthanded goal.. it was just pathetic. truly pathetic

Edited by Vlas=d, 14 April 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#258 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Is there post game interviews anywhere?
Posted Image

#259 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,666 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

I wish the Oilers were down 0-2 in the first round of the playoffs.

Just some perspective.

You'd rather be 0-2 than have Yakupov?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#260 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Management did not address issues which were haunting us since the last season. Lack of scoring and they traded for rookies and size.

In the Boston series we could not score and sadly the team has been struggling for months which was covered by some outstanding goaltending.
At the trade line we aquired less offensive players and size which was supposed to help the first two lines, however in reality it hurt them even more.

Personally I think a bunch of players need to be replaced and almost start from scratch and hope the Sedin prime is not quite over. Another issue I have is with AV's inability to start any sparks for this team... and this goes back months back.

It finally cought up to us and it finally shows. Honestly I was expecting a first round loss since early-mid December so I been mentally preparing for this, so it's all good. Perhaps a first round exit is a good thing since it might actually push the management in doing some real thinking and address the issues which have been haunting this team for a while now.
Posted Image

#261 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

this. why not this. No heart, no wonder the rest of the team and fans hate us. Regular season flash and dash, playoff no show.

I love this team but have said in the past I feel they lack heart. These guys are so much better than this. The end of the second we seen that kesler. Then non existent in third IMO. I really hope I'm wrong but our regular season slump is back and is going to cost us

Edited by Sami Solo, 14 April 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#262 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

There is something both these teams have and that's lots of depth and as much as I dislike Chicago, they have proven on many occasions just how clutch they can be.

For us, we have a really damaged first line and a severely under achieving second line; I like Kesler but he is struggling big time. Another issue is the inability to switch players out and still be potent; nobody can play with Hank in terms of speed and skill.
Raymond is and has been a pylon for a very long time; sadly the guy doesn't bring anything to the playoffs and he has nothing more than some speed with a very mediocre play at its best. It's been proven on many occasions that he does not fit anywhere on the team so why keep him around?? At 2.5 mil or less there are a ton of players which are far better than Raymond; The guy needs a change or perhaps a new coach.

Overall I feel that the last years trades actually helped the team in many ways and this year all the trades have gone against us in many ways; and no I'm not comparing players stats before and after they were traded, I'm basing this on team chemistry and what elements they actually
brought to this team.

Canucks has no team chemistry this year.

Posted Image

#263 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

You could be right but if so, what does this say about our team dn it's core? Boston should be just as fatigued but seem to be doing quite well and are picking up their game.

I believe ths team is better than they are playing but right now they look like the paper tiger, arrogant, over-rated team so many non Nucks fans say they are.

Well thats another thing. I saw an intervied with clod julien a month ago saying his team was fatigued
GOD BE PRAISED

#264 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Tonight was their chance to gain some momentum. Gonna be really tough to play a speed game in LA because that ice is going to be horrendous. Burrows better have some magic up his sleeves. This team needs a hero and fast.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#265 wiseupsucker

wiseupsucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

well..we got rid of chicago.

not looking forward to being LA's bitch for the next three years :sadno:

#266 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

My Line Ups for Game 3

Lapierre - H. Sedin - Hansen

Ebbett - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Pahlsson - Booth

Weise - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Alberts

Luongo

Edited by Bob Singh, 15 April 2012 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#267 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Line Ups for Game 3

Lapierre - H. Sedin - Hansen

Ebbett - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Pahlsson - Booth

Weise - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Alberts

Luongo

Are those confirmed? Ebbett on the 2nd line?!?!
wtf?!?! wingers on 3rd should be switched with the wingers on the 1st.

#268 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

If this series lasts only 4 games, there are going to be a lot more guys than CoHo asking to get out.
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

#269 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

0 goals 10 power plays. this has to get better.. somehow. go nux go..this sh*t aint over yeT!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.