Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beluga Whale

Hope Is Not Lost! Many Other Good Teams Have Gone Down 2-0 In Round 1.

57 posts in this topic

How many of those had teams lose both of their games at home?

Sadly the Canucks are not a good team. They seem to be stuck in coast mode.

Oh well. There's always next year.

Canucks in 7. I'll give the Kings another game.

That is all. No hate. Still hope.

How many of those had teams lose both of their games at home?

The Bruins came back down 2-0 against us, what does that say about this team?

Yes OP - the time to panic is... never. Anyone who thinks being up two games wins a series is a noob.

When canucks were up 2-0 on the wings, cloutier lost his confidence completely after lidstrom's goal. quick isn't going to lose his confidence against this team.

The Bruins came back down 2-0 against us, what does that say about this team?

We blowout to Detroit in 02, we blowout to boston in 11, that makes me worry more about games 3-4

This kind of adversity will be great if we pull out this series somehow. Great character building.

If the Canucks come back to win this series they WILL win the Cup. This team's character and leadership will be tested more than ever over the last few years.

Maybe the Canucks should keep being patient. I hate that, we'll play a patient game, and 1-0 games. It doesn't seem to be working. And next year, we are not going to be as good as we were this year. On paper, I thought this was a better team than last year.

Here are some examples of other good teams who have gone down 2-0 in round 1 and have still gone on to do great things.

2002: Canucks 8 vs Red Wings 1 - Canucks go up 2-0 and the Wings rally back to win the cup.

2006; Canadiens 7 vs Hurricanes 2 - Canes go down 2-0 and win in six, and go on to win the cup.

more recently Boston was down 2-0 twice last year, round 1 vs the habs and against us, and we all know what they ended up doing.

There are plenty more examples so don't lose hope, Canucks can still rally back and win this.