The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roger's Arena Music

Vigneault's Timeout

The music played at certain points in Roger's Arena is baffling.

Are the Canucks sponsored by the 95.3 radio station? I swear until tonight I would have never guessed that Lady Gaga would be considered as a suitable music selection to pump up the crowd. Where's "Welcome to the jungle" and other big songs to come in it's place?

I understand people enjoy Lady Gaga and the like, but hockey comes with a certain mentality and there is a particular style of music that suits it. Take, for example, the moment following Kesler's awesome shift in the second period. Kesler began his "beast mode" it seemed, and the crowd was beginning to light up. After Quick covers the puck, the music selection following this stunning display of manliness was "I'm sexy and I know it" by LMFAO.....

That is by far the WORST timing for a song such as that to be played. I swear the crowd sounded less excited as a result.

DJ Dave, you should also be practicing.

i was pretty much loling at some of the crap he played tonight.. i honestly dont know who he' playing that music for? its so inapproprite for hockey games and every single game sounds the same.. same songs, same organ tunes, same "get your hands together" . its grown rally stale on me.

between the loss and the horrible music Id never spend money on tickets. I went a few seasons back when we last played la and samuelsson was beasting.. the music sucked then too, but its gotten worse.

Listen to some new music. If you have good taste you're going to find something that suits the adrenaline of a hockey game. As well as new beats for the crowd to leisten to during intermission/tv timeouts. Fresh new tunes and right mood - but obviously DJ Dave doesn't value/enjoy his job enough to actually do this.

He played RIHANNA when we were down 2 goals and at that big face off in their zone WTF I am sick of this DJ. I watched Boston vs washington and all they played was metal music. You know why? because people listen to this music for workouts to get really pumped up.

Listen to some new music. If you have good taste you're going to find something that suits the adrenaline of a hockey game. As well as new beats for the crowd to leisten to during intermission/tv timeouts. Fresh new tunes and right mood - but obviously DJ Dave doesn't value/enjoy his job enough to actually do this.

Guest The Brown Burrows

DJ DAVE is crap. Our music doesn't pump up the crowd and it doesn't really suit hockey at all.

Id rather there be silence and let the crowd cheer then hear the music DJ Dave plays to try to pump the crowd up and the players shaking my head other arena DJ's are probably laughing at the job this guy does

I agree!!!! What's with the U2 as they get on the ice!? Time for a bit less techno. Anaheim seems to have the best selection, with Pennywise, drop kick murphies, wolf,other etc...

A little more "chutzpah" please?! Maybe that's why the players are asleep!

I cannot agree more. It is absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing to have to listen to the garbage music that "DJ" Dave plays.

There is a HUGE catalogue of obvious rock music out there (GNR, AC/DC, etc...) that goes hand in hand with hockey and that has been pumping people up since its been around and will continue to pump people up until the end of civilization. Playing a little bit of Led Zeppelin and Ted Nugent doesn't sound like a big deal, but imagine being on the ice for a key face-off and hearing... f#@%&*G Rihanna?!

And this has nothing to do with what genre of music people prefer. I love classic rock and don't care for metal at all, but I know damn well that classic metal does a hell of a job of pumping you up on the ice, in the stands, anywhere.. and I would love to hear that s#*t if I was on the ice. As somebody mentioned on an earlier thread on this topic, it sounds like this as@#&*e is DJ'ing at a 15 year old girls birthday party.

I've been to a number of NHL games across the US and I watch a lot of hockey on TV; almost every big market american arena has a basic understanding of this.

I know there are more important things to worry about here other than the music thats being played in Rogers Arena, but this has got to stop after this season.

I just wish it would stop.

Archived