The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathetic Fans

{nhl}

This fan base obviously doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup. If it wasn't for me being raised in BC, I would absolutely hate this team as well because of this fan base.

I hate seeing the Canucks lose like that but knowing that there are so many pathetic fans out there disappointed, gives me some comfort. Also, I know that there are obviously a group of good canucks fans, but if you compare us to the other big markets, we have one of if not the worst fan bases .

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

EDIT: Let me make it more clear that I am not criticizing the disappointment, obviously we have every right to be disappointed but the way these fans reacted to losing 2 games of a 7 game series is like I said pathetic.

Like the title says. I am ashamed to be a Canuck fan tonight. Not ashamed of my team but by a large portion of the 'fan' base here at CDC. What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Were we eliminated tonight? Did I miss something?

To all those whining and carping about this team. Feel free to cheer for the Flames or Oilers or any other team. I am sure those organizations will appreciate your 'support'.

You guys who became fans in the last 2 years have no clue. I have been having my heart broken by this team for 30 years and to a lot of the real fan base I am a relative newb. Some have been bleeding Canuck blue for longer than the team has been in the NHL. That's what real fans do.

So if you want off the bandwagon, that's just fine. GTFO. The real fans will carry the weight.

Did Carolina fans deserve a Cup?

Did Tampa fans deserve a Cup?

They didn't even freaking know what hockey was when their teams won the Cup

I remember CBC interviewed a Tampa resident and asked him "How do you pronouce 'Lecavalier'?" And the guy was like "uuhhh Luh Kav A Leer?"

The fans have every right to be ticked off. 41 years without a Cup. That is all.

Who are you to judge other people's fandom, oh we have to have blind faith in the team to be a real fan BELIEVGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneshiftoneone, go frack yourself. Its called being dissapointed in this team, you cant expect people to be happy when we are down 2-0

You don't have to be positive, but you don't have to go blaming Keith, AV, MG, Kassian, and H Sedin.

You take the losses and hope for a good game 3. It is not the end of the world. By no means are we out of it. The odds are stacked against us but we are a good road team and a comeback isn't out of the question.

So yes, the way Canucks fans react after a loss like this is pathetic

EDIT: I'm pissed that canucks didn't come into the playoffs prepared as well but to start all these scapegoats for our losses is ridiculous. Sure go ahead and show displeasure and be ticked off but it is the way this board expresses it which in a very immature manner.

Chill. Nobody`s jumping off the bandwagon. Being unsatisfied & clearly upset is totally reasonable given the outcome.

At least it`s not just the fanbase but I hope the team is equally as unsatisfied and upset with their own results or else... that could be a bigger problem than the fanbase hopelessness.

Archived