The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathetic Fans

{nhl}

Did Carolina fans deserve a Cup?

Did Tampa fans deserve a Cup?

They didn't even freaking know what hockey was when their teams won the Cup

I remember CBC interviewed a Tampa resident and asked him "How do you pronouce 'Lecavalier'?" And the guy was like "uuhhh Luh Kav A Leer?"

The fans have every right to be ticked off. 41 years without a Cup. That is all.

Like the title says. I am ashamed to be a Canuck fan tonight. Not ashamed of my team but by a large portion of the 'fan' base here at CDC. What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Were we eliminated tonight? Did I miss something?

To all those whining and carping about this team. Feel free to cheer for the Flames or Oilers or any other team. I am sure those organizations will appreciate your 'support'.

You guys who became fans in the last 2 years have no clue. I have been having my heart broken by this team for 30 years and to a lot of the real fan base I am a relative newb. Some have been bleeding Canuck blue for longer than the team has been in the NHL. That's what real fans do.

So if you want off the bandwagon, that's just fine. GTFO. The real fans will carry the weight.

lmao stfu stop being so dramatic.

you're just as bad as the people that act the way you say they do.

I hate people like you who over-dramatize hockey fans : "THIS CITY DOESNT DESERVE A STANLEY CUP CUZ THEY GET WORRIED ABOOT GOING DOWN IN A SERIES 2-0 AND GETTING COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED"

just lighten up, you sound like a pretentious douche. Hockey fans EVERYWHERE have a right to worry about a series when they're down 2-0 and got completely outplayed in both games.

I hate a lot of canuck fans too, but I don't make douchey pretentious posts like this.

Not to mention this is a hockey forum, and the team this forum is based around is down 2-0 in the series.

Do you expect all happy roses posts? I don't think any fanbase anywhere, especially one that won the president's trophy back to back, which means high expectations, would act like that.

Inb4 you all realize that the boards are public to everyone and all the other fans from different teams are laughing at this thread and seeing all the neg stuff ppl post all the time.

I feel bad for the players if they actually read these boards. Nothing would de-moralize me more knowing that a forum thats loaded with negative feedback is free to view without registering. gj most hated fanbase/team in the nhl, u deserve the best.

Guest BuckFoston

I was at the game, and this team sucks.

I am sorry, but the team i saw was terrible. I wanted to cry.. The Kings suck, like they are absolutely terrible. The only way they're scoring on us is because we're sucking even harder than they are. The way our team is playing right now, we're gonna get swept. Simple as that.

You expect me to cheer at a game like that? When they're not even trying?

This fan base obviously doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup. If it wasn't for me being raised in BC, I would absolutely hate this team as well because of this fan base.

I hate seeing the Canucks lose like that but knowing that there are so many pathetic fans out there disappointed, gives me some comfort. Also, I know that there are obviously a group of good canucks fans, but if you compare us to the other big markets, we have one of if not the worst fan bases .

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

EDIT: Let me make it more clear that I am not criticizing the disappointment, obviously we have every right to be disappointed but the way these fans reacted to losing 2 games of a 7 game series is like I said pathetic.

Yeah guys, just because you fork over $200 per ticket to go see a game, means that you can dump all over the team. And just because they make millions of dollars, that doesn't mean you get to hurt their feelings. They have mothers too you know.

Vancouver has very much become a city of entitlement. People want instant gratification and are spoiled/pampered here now....don't get me wrong, I love this city but, as someone born/raised here, I see the climate changing. Gone is the nose to the grindstone mentality where you actually worked hard and earned what you got. So those same people who get to zip around in luxury cars before they've even left high school also don't appreciate what it takes to earn something...they figure you snap your fingers and it's there. That's very much reflected in how some here view the team...just do it. But it's not that simple. These are all quality teams who make it to the playoffs and LA's hungry. They have a great goaltender and it isn't simply a done deal because some here think it should be. Although they're used to getting what they want, this requires a bit of work, possibly some patience and maybe even the end result that you DON'T get what you want. But it's how it is.

I love this team and, as some know here, am a bit of - no - a complete homer. But you take the good with the bad and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some suggest these players don't want it. Don't try. Are you kidding me - most athletes have chosen a profession they love. They didn't get into it for the money, it was what they grew up doing. It's their passion. This team has given us a lot to cheer for but you don't turn your back when they falter, you rally.

I understand people's frustration, the threads that are simply venting, etc. But I also question some of them - I don't know that they're made by fans of the team, itself, as much as they are of celebrating and partying. You don't see some through the regular season, because it's boring and mundane then but, come the playoffs, they put on their hats and hit the streets. It's ok - the more the merrier and we are all Canucks, but some of us are true blue to the core and can't turn our backs on the team. I'd be in that group. GO CANUCK GO!

Regards,

Cheerleader Deb

Did Carolina fans deserve a Cup?

Did Tampa fans deserve a Cup?

They didn't even freaking know what hockey was when their teams won the Cup

I remember CBC interviewed a Tampa resident and asked him "How do you pronouce 'Lecavalier'?" And the guy was like "uuhhh Luh Kav A Leer?"

The fans have every right to be ticked off. 41 years without a Cup. That is all.

Also: please, both sides are entitled to express their opinions but not by using personal insults. I'm really tired of editing so we'll start making it a matter of official warnings. You can attack the idea, but not the person directly. We are all Canucks idiots at some point, but it doesn't need to be pointed out. :)

Archived