Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Pathetic Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#31 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was at the game, and this team sucks.

I am sorry, but the team i saw was terrible. I wanted to cry.. The Kings suck, like they are absolutely terrible. The only way they're scoring on us is because we're sucking even harder than they are. The way our team is playing right now, we're gonna get swept. Simple as that.

You expect me to cheer at a game like that? When they're not even trying?

Posted Image

#32 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yeah here's your quote from earlier .....................

"I promised myself I wouldnt get to emotionally invested in the Canucks until we reached the WCF... im not dissapointed just pissed lol."

Way to go super fan.

huh? whats your point?

#33 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Well said. Can't stand these lame people. Loved the effort tonight, bring it again in game 3 and get the momentum going our way! Go Canucks!!!

i'm sorry but how do you "love" an effort where our powerplay has a -2 goal differential? there's being a fan and then there's being delusional

#34 snolan

snolan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

People use message boards to vent..... that's the way the internet works.

Deal with it, or quit the internet. The choice is yours.

There definitely is a reason for fans to vent after the team's showing the past two games.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#35 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

You don't have to be positive, but you don't have to go blaming Keith, AV, MG, Kassian, and H Sedin.

You take the losses and hope for a good game 3. It is not the end of the world. By no means are we out of it. The odds are stacked against us but we are a good road team and a comeback isn't out of the question.

So yes, the way Canucks fans react after a loss like this is pathetic

EDIT: I'm pissed that canucks didn't come into the playoffs prepared as well but to start all these scapegoats for our losses is ridiculous. Sure go ahead and show displeasure and be ticked off but it is the way this board expresses it which in a very immature manner.

Im sure Pens fans are in a joyfull mood making jokes right now right??

You should write a book on how fans should react to losses in the playoffs so we know next time.

#36 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

What has this franchise ever done for all their fans?? A Presidents trophy here and there and a few appearances in the cup final are not good enough for a 41 year old franchise. The fans deserve more. All the anger towards the team, especially if they lose this series, are certainly warranted. The fans deserve way more than what this team is giving us.

#37 Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

You don't have to be positive, but you don't have to go blaming Keith, AV, MG, Kassian, and H Sedin.

You take the losses and hope for a good game 3. It is not the end of the world. By no means are we out of it. The odds are stacked against us but we are a good road team and a comeback isn't out of the question.

So yes, the way Canucks fans react after a loss like this is pathetic

EDIT: I'm pissed that canucks didn't come into the playoffs prepared as well but to start all these scapegoats for our losses is ridiculous. Sure go ahead and show displeasure and be ticked off but it is the way this board expresses it which in a very immature manner.

of course it's not the end of the world. Fans have a right to be dissappointed and upset with losses though. That's part of being a fan to begin with! If you don't get upset by losses, then you're not a real fan IMO. That's part of the fun of it. The lows feel awful, but the highs feel amazing. Without the lows, the highs wouldn't be as special. ya dig?

Edited by Shoot Speed/Kill Light, 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#38 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

okay OP, how exactly do you expect fans to react after seeing their Presidents Trophy winning team be down 2-0?? Seriously, I really do want to know. I am baffled that you feel that being disappointed is somehow innapropriate.

I am ok with disappointment but the way it is expressed is the same way a 13 year old would react to being punished. I'm sorry, I should have made that more clear in my post.

I am not criticizing being disappointed but all the fans losing support and blaming anything in sight is pathetic. I think being the Presidents trophy 2 years in a row and making a strong run last year has just made a lot of these fans spoiled
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#39 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

okay OP, how exactly do you expect fans to react after seeing their Presidents Trophy winning team be down 2-0?? Seriously, I really do want to know. I am baffled that you feel that being disappointed is somehow innapropriate.

Being disappointed is one thing, but throwing your team under the bus is another. We tend to blow everything out of proportion. I'm as disappointed as you are and I'm trying to stay realistic, but it never hurt anyone to have a little faith!
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#40 1-d

1-d

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Pathetic performance by uninspired players calls for pathetic reaction from nervous fans.

Don't pretend everything is honky dory when you don't like what you see.

Edited by 1-d, 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#41 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

you expect people to have a positive feeling going down 2-0?

Why not? Its not like its 3-0.

#42 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Being a realist doesn't make you a bad fan... It makes you intelligent fan.

You're absolutely right. Being critical and demanding players perform to their skill level is what a fan does.

I am talking about the over the top whining. People are pratically writing eulogies for this team. Like this team isn't capable of beating LA in this series. It's LA not the 85 Oilers. Will they win the series? I have no idea. Can they? Yes.

Edited by nuckin_futz, 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#43 Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

What has this franchise ever done for all their fans?? A Presidents trophy here and there and a few appearances in the cup final are not good enough for a 41 year old franchise. The fans deserve more. All the anger towards the team, especially if they lose this series, are certainly warranted. The fans deserve way more than what this team is giving us.

hard to complain about the last 4 years though. Playoff wins every year and a trip to game 7 of the SCF. Even if they go out in round 1 this year they are still on the right track.

#44 NordicNinja

NordicNinja

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

A realist?? AKA a pessimist. You don't have to be a realist to figure out that we're down by 2. A realist points that out while a fan cheers them out of the hole. Thanks for coming. Go Canucks!

#45 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

you expect people to have a positive feeling going down 2-0?

I expect fans like in Boston and in Chicago, who don't boo its own team and instead try to rally their own troops. Vancouver fan base doesn't create its own fate; it is reactionary.

Posted Image

#46 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

What pissed me off the most was that people started leaving with 5 minutes left. Whats wrong with people...ugh..
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#47 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

hard to complain about the last 4 years though. Playoff wins every year and a trip to game 7 of the SCF. Even if they go out in round 1 this year they are still on the right track.

Agreed. At least we're not like LA or St. Louis, they've been around longer and don't have Cups either. It'll come around, we have the right group to win it all. It just comes down to how much they want it.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#48 Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I expect fans like in Boston and in Chicago, who don't boo its own team and instead try to rally their own troops. Vancouver fan base doesn't create its own fate; it is reactionary.

i distinctly remember Chicago fans booing their team in game 3 last year in round one, and going completely silent after Erhoff scored and kissed his stick, so don't even try playing that card.

Edited by Shoot Speed/Kill Light, 13 April 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#49 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

So it is intelligent to give up hope on a team that is down 2-0 in a best of 7 series? If all these fans are such realist, why do they resort to bashing the team instead acknowledging the fact that it is a best of 7 series not a best of 3?
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#50 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Maybe the 2 games down will make them wake up. I think they have tried hard not to get too motivated too soon and now they are in trouble. The coaches too better wake up or they are going to be hisrory too. Is this funk just a planned thing so they are not burned out in the final? I wonder. It reminds me of a team that has lost its desire or motivation. Then again its not everyone that is making mistakes mostly the D especially Edler who is supposed to be so highly rated. The coaches have to take a lot of the blame for the poor start to the playoffs.

#51 Comrade

Comrade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

What part of being honest with opinions after lose equate to being a bad fan? It's sickening how people think being a good fan means cheering on your team mindlessly. We have expectations as fans and our anguish and disappointment reflects on our dedication to the team.

Fans here are critical of their team because they care. We'd give them a standing ovation for their efforts, but that's only at the end.

#52 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Why not? Its not like its 3-0.

it's going to be if we play like that again

#53 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Duncan Keith can go to hell

I second the motion

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#54 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

its isnt a huge deal but no team wants to go down 2-0 heading into another teams barn

its round 1 and they dont look like they even have it in them to make it out of it , theres a lack of urgency that only appears once the goalies pulled , its not like all the cycle play at the end of the game was all because the extra skater (if that were the case theyd have scored on one of the many powerplays they had)

the team looks to me like they thought they could coast threw this round

they stepped it up this game but still , a mistake here and there and the kings capitalize

i just expect so much more out of this team then this , I KNOW they are better then this

this is all very frustrating to say the least
Posted Image

#55 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Like the title says. I am ashamed to be a Canuck fan tonight. Not ashamed of my team but by a large portion of the 'fan' base here at CDC. What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Were we eliminated tonight? Did I miss something?

To all those whining and carping about this team. Feel free to cheer for the Flames or Oilers or any other team. I am sure those organizations will appreciate your 'support'.

You guys who became fans in the last 2 years have no clue. I have been having my heart broken by this team for 30 years and to a lot of the real fan base I am a relative newb. Some have been bleeding Canuck blue for longer than the team has been in the NHL. That's what real fans do.

So if you want off the bandwagon, that's just fine. GTFO. The real fans will carry the weight.

Well, for me, I started cheering for the Canucks before they entered the NHL (since I was 11). That's over 42 years ago. The Canucks fans have really disappointed me in the past few years. The classless display last year was the pinnacle of stupidity. I will say that the fans in the arena were a little louder and they stuck with the team tonight. This whining about dumping MG and AV is way too premature. Silly people. AV still lead the team to the President's Trophy.

We're not done yet. The Kings still have to win two more games. The biggest issue right now is trying to find a way to beat Quick (he is living up to his billing as a great goalie). Plus, the powerplay is unplugged. We should put Lapierre back on the first line with Hank and Burr. They are the only players (on first line) that have have jelled since Danny has been out. Go Canucks!
A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#56 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Im sure Pens fans are in a joyfull mood making jokes right now right??

You should write a book on how fans should react to losses in the playoffs so we know next time.

If memory serves me correct. When they won their most recent cup they trailed a series 2-0. So their fan base while disappointed probably isn't losing their minds.

#57 puck1919

puck1919

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

If Shneids starts game 3 Canucks will get their crap together and win in 7. :) Quote me im calling it.

Stay with LU.-- Starting Schneider in game 3 would send a negative message to the Canucks and a positive message to the Kings

#58 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

I second the motion

keiths a dick but we shouldnt need danny to beat LA , the canucks are making them look like all stars
Posted Image

#59 Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I second the motion

thirded. Someone needs to go Shea Weber on that pr!cks head in that series. Or maybe Raffi Torres will go Brent Seabrook on his punk a$$. one can only dream.

#60 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

A healthy Daniel Sedin would be one key ingredient to an ailing pp.
jersey collection.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.