Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Pathetic Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#61 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

What pissed me off the most was that people started leaving with 5 minutes left. Whats wrong with people...ugh..

Yeah i noticed that too! Made me so angry, we needed them to pump up our boys after we got the second goal. but hey they paid like $350 for their seats or whatever, their loss :P
Posted Image

#62 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

A healthy Daniel Sedin would be one key ingredient to an ailing pp.

cause it was so on fire when he was on it...
Posted Image

#63 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

That was terrible before he went down.

#64 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Did Carolina fans deserve a Cup?
Did Tampa fans deserve a Cup?

They didn't even freaking know what hockey was when their teams won the Cup
I remember CBC interviewed a Tampa resident and asked him "How do you pronouce 'Lecavalier'?" And the guy was like "uuhhh Luh Kav A Leer?"

The fans have every right to be ticked off. 41 years without a Cup. That is all.

That is true, if Cups were given based on fan bases, I am pretty sure Winnipeg would start a new dynasty. However, I just do not have any sympathy for us not winning a cup now for fans who will throw their team under the bus as soon as they lose. This goes back to Rogers Arena booing Luongo against Anaheim and now after 2 playoff games, everyone possible is getting blamed.

Fans aren't much of fans if they are going to only support the team when they are playing amazing.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#65 Puckmonk3y

Puckmonk3y

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

F that! They played like crap tonight and deserve all the hate heaped on them. It's not that we deserve better but they owe themselves better. How does the number one team in the league get absolutely embarassed by the 8th seat? No drive, no determination, bad play after bad play it was freaking bush league out there.

Throw edmonton in and I bet they would have given the kings a better effort they would just be so damn happy to be in the show.
Posted Image
sig credit to Canazzy

#66 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

That being said. You know whats most pathetic? I've gone to the last two games. People seem to want to Jeer the canucks rather than Jeer the Kings.

Instead of mocking the Kings they mock their own team. " AHH Why cant you score a goal on the powerplay" instead of "NOT SO QUICK" or "LA SUCKS".

#67 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

D Sedin isn't the answer to all our problems.

Canucks have many good players that can step up but obviously no one has really took serious charge on this team. PS if Luongo was playing as bad as the team is right now, I have a feeling he would be the only one blamed. People are already calling for Schnieder after Luongo has done exactly what he is supposed to in net.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

#68 cyacry

cyacry

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

you expect people to have a positive feeling going down 2-0?

on top of that we gave up 2 SH goal...2 EFFING SH GOALS IN ONE GAME!!!...and OP is trying to calm me down...

#69 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

That was terrible before he went down.

Yeah our teams been terrible since February really. Daniel included.

#70 aznmonk

aznmonk

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

quick was good our team have bad bounces ... we put 48 shots 48 shots on goal its the players that cant score.

#71 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Aah, CDC posts are the deciding factors on whether or not the fan base deserves the Cup or not. Lovely.

Edited by marleau_12, 13 April 2012 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#72 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Dp.

Edited by marleau_12, 13 April 2012 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#73 Canuckfan1970

Canuckfan1970

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I'm a true blue Canucks fan. Always have been always will be. I don't think it's a big deal for fans to post their concerns or frustrations. They aren't pitiful or bandwagon jumpers. The fact is the Canucks deserved to be criticized. The Canucks have not lost the series yet. Other teams have come back from being down 2 games to none. But I don't see it happening with this bunch. Having our best offensive player out of the line up is a huge problem and I would also question the roster moves that Gillis made this year. This year's version of the Canucks is not as good as last years. Yeah they won the Presidents Trophy, but they didn't dominate teams like last season and they weren't the offensive juggernaut that they were last season. And boy is that biting them in the rear now. So is not bringing in another top 3 dman at the deadline.

Anyways, maybe the boys will rally around Schneider in game 3 and turn this into a series. If not, the boys will be golfing after game 4.

#74 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

what do u except canucks fans are brutal
they just keeping whinning like a little baby
grow up people its only 2-0 we havent lost the series!!!
we have the better team its just up to them to play like it... and as fans win or lose thats ur team cheer for them
its pathetic

#75 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

This fan base obviously doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup. If it wasn't for me being raised in BC, I would absolutely hate this team as well because of this fan base.

I hate seeing the Canucks lose like that but knowing that there are so many pathetic fans out there disappointed, gives me some comfort. Also, I know that there are obviously a group of good canucks fans, but if you compare us to the other big markets, we have one of if not the worst fan bases .

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

EDIT: Let me make it more clear that I am not criticizing the disappointment, obviously we have every right to be disappointed but the way these fans reacted to losing 2 games of a 7 game series is like I said pathetic.

Couldn't agree with you more
I've said it many times in some of my posts that yes I want the Canucks to win a Stanley Cup, but I am behind my team win or lose the Cup this year.
We've lost 2 games and correct me if I'm wrong but this is a 7 games serie, anything can happen
So ......

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud
:emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: 16 Wins to Go :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

Edited by HorseGem2007, 13 April 2012 - 11:30 PM.

" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#76 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

grow up people its only 2-0 we havent lost the series!!!

It's not just "only" 2-0. This is a best-of-7 series and we already lost two of them AT HOME. This is a valid reason for people to panic.

#77 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Dp.

They're not but if you expect me to have sympathy for this fan base for not winning a cup in 41 years, you better think again.

It is not only CDC. How about the fans at Rogers that booed Luongo when we played Anaheim at the end of the season. Also, it is very rare to see canuck fans rallying for the team when they are down. It shouldn't be so easy to take a fan base which has had some of the most consecutive sellouts in sports out of the game like that.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

#78 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Yeah well the riots sure proved we don't deserve it.

Anger of the hockey gods.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#79 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

It's pretty hard not to be upset seeing your team down 0-2. After losing in the Finals last season after everything went so well all year, after year and years of early exists and missing the playoffs, and now this year after a bad start, coming back to win the President's Trophy again, just to see this. It's almost impossible to not be upset, or mad. I believe this team can win the cup. Just not playing like this.

Regardless on if you believe it or not. BC ( For the most part ) loves this team, and times stops when they play. I went to my first game this season, and all over the city was Canucks stuff, and tons of excited people. We DO deserve a cup.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 13 April 2012 - 11:34 PM.

23NCfNh.png

Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the awesome sig

#80 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

We're fans of a team that has accomplished absolutely nothing of consequence in over 40 years of existence. We're cynical.

This organization really needs to put up or shut up. Until then, Canucks fans will always be fearing the worst and expecting the other shoe to drop and personally, I don't feel bad for it. Not one bit.

#81 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Yeah your right it's all the fans fault for them not winning the cup in the last 42 years. I really suck...er...we suck....or.... no all of us suck,...no my bad only you suck ? :lol:

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#82 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

The only thing more annoying than the Canucks losing are fans like these on their high horses.

What do you want us to do? hold hands singing kumbaya??

+1

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#83 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Comments about how we are the worse fans are just as bad as those so called bad fans comments. It's hilarious, everyone is trying to put each other down on this site somehow. You make a thread and people start commentating on how it is an unoriginal thread and it is repetitive. It seems as if it is the cool thing to do on this site.

What do you expect that all canucks fans hold hands in a circle and express how much we love that the canucks are down 2-0 in a series against the eighth place team? How about you suck it up and stop thinking that you are superior then other fans.

I have been a diehard fan for many years, even when they were no good. I am a canucks fan till the die I die no matter how bad this team gets, but to expect some poeple to not be upset and critique the team is ridiculous. Comments like yours is more patheitc then fans that display their anger for this team. It's embarrassing.

#84 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,823 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Yeah well the riots sure proved we don't deserve it.

Anger of the hockey gods.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Tampa and Carolina have won cups when half it's fanbase had no clue how hockey works.
Fans have the right to panic, cheer, etc. What should be of concern is how a team with the top power play in the league at one point has struggled with the power play, and has fallen off the rails in terms of discipline and focus. Maybe the team is plain out of gas from all the hockey. Gillis has a lot of work to do if we fail to get out of the first round. It's not impossible to come back, it's just really difficult. I wish I had the answers. But I don't.
I'm just not sure the players and coaches can fix these problems in time.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#85 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Pathetic fans? How about pathetic team. Sorry bunch of losers for a president trophy team... On to next year. Let's see how little we get for Schneider ....

#86 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

THE STANLEY CUP IS NOT FOR THE FANS. Stop with this pathetic line of argument!

#87 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

That being said. You know whats most pathetic? I've gone to the last two games. People seem to want to Jeer the canucks rather than Jeer the Kings.

Instead of mocking the Kings they mock their own team. " AHH Why cant you score a goal on the powerplay" instead of "NOT SO QUICK" or "LA SUCKS".

youd look like a freaking idiot saying "NOT SO QUICK" when quick is making saves/not even being challenged

or "LA SUCKS" when there up 2-0 to the nucks

im 100% behind them still , its 2 games , not 4

i dont believe in "jeering" your own players tho your right , its beyond corny and does NOT help the team what so ever

bad mouth em when your infront of your TV but when your in the arena your part of the game

Edited by cIutch, 13 April 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Posted Image

#88 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

To be honest, it's hard to stay positive now that Kings are leading the series 2-0. For the entire series, they led us to believe that the reason why they have been playing poorly is because it's not the playoffs yet. But now, it's the playoffs and this is what they show?

The fact that this team literally blew away game 1 and game 2 and are going to LA with 0-2 makes me feel uneasy.

Hate to break it to you guys, the chances of Canucks come back after 2-0 is fairly small. I'm not saying it's impossible because there is still 5 more games left but if they lose game 3, the series is over for real.

What will it take for this team to start playing like we all know they are capable of? Another injury? The fact that this team can't play crap without Danny suggest that we aren't as deep as we thought. If you aren't deep, there is no way in hell you will have a deep run for the cup.

I guess pray for the best. Game 3 is a must win. If they failed to show up again, then I have lost my faith in this team.

#89 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

you expect people to have a positive feeling going down 2-0?

If you want off the bandwagon, then go ahead and jump but don't hurt yourself. :canucks:

#90 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

The only thing more annoying than the Canucks losing are fans like these on their high horses.

What do you want us to do? hold hands singing kumbaya??

No but bashing the canucks whenever they lose is not the way to go about it either. I know it may be hard to understand for a lot of fans that you can be disappointed but still be support a team instead of throwing them under the bus...
Canucks fans have just become way to spoiled.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.