Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Pathetic Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#91 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Silly, unknowledgeable, entitled fans bug me. But what bugs me even more is people who assume that you have to remain relentlessly positive in the face of your team's failures to be a "real fan". I'm sorry, I am a HUGE Canucks fan. I live and die with this team emotionally. But I am also a hockey fan, who can look at how the team is playing objectively and say that this series is lost unless something significant changes. Being disappointed and predicting failure when down 2-0 isn't being a "bad fan". Sometimes it is just being realistic. It doesn't mean I'll stop cheering for them or stop believing that they are capable of coming back.

Edited by Cause=Time, 13 April 2012 - 11:53 PM.

Posted Image

MERCY YEARS - Debut EP out now! - Check it out at mercyyears.com

#92 the White Sheet

the White Sheet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

This forum is so freekng pathetic
it should not even be a hockey club fan forum.
Its a forum for babys.
Choke on your soothers. kids
Your done done done.
Work on your golf swing.
And complain about that.
85% of you have never even played hockey.
Chew on that. Fools
Nucks are done like dinner.
Bring on next year.

Eat me

#93 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Actually what I find "pathetic" is fans who consider themselves super-fans and coming up with threads like this. Seriously, the team lost badly. Badly in the sense that the PP sucked and we struggled against the 8th seed. I would be more concerned if no one gave a damn about the Canucks. Passion brings out the good and the bad. The passion of these losses shows how much vested interest people have in the team. Hate to tell you this, but that just means they are passionate about the Canucks.

Cheers, 

Canucks fan in SoCal

#94 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Actually what I find "pathetic" is fans who consider themselves super-fans and coming up with threads like this. Seriously, the team lost badly. Badly in the sense that the PP sucked and we struggled against the 8th seed. I would be more concerned if no one gave a damn about the Canucks. Passion brings out the good and the bad. The passion of these losses shows how much vested interest people have in the team. Hate to tell you this, but that just means they are passionate about the Canucks.

The vancouver riots also showed passion.

I understand criticizing the team on different aspects of the game but blaming individuals, panicking and losing faith is not the way to go after a loss. We have a good team, a comeback isn't out of the question. They need to way up that is for sure but the series isn't over till its over. So just because fans show passion, doesn't mean it is being expressed in a good way. Just like the riots, reacting like this is pathetic. Fire AV, MG, PP coach, Hodgson trade sucked, put in schnieder, sit Edler blah blah blah
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#95 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Being disappointed and predicting failure when down 2-0 isn't being a "bad fan". Sometimes it is just being realistic. It doesn't mean I'll stop cheering for them or stop believing that they are capable of coming back.

This

If we don't get it done this year after a 2nd straight president's trophy (and we really don't look like we will) then i'm pretty much going to accept the fact that this team is never going to win dick, will i still cheer them? sure. i just won't have very high expectations

#96 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

OP is one of those types that say "It doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you had fun" lol Get atta heeya wit dat!

#97 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Down 2-0 and the team isn't playing well. People are going to be upset and I don't blame them. This team hasn't been playing well for a few months now but they've still managed to get the wins however the playoffs are completely different and it's definitely not looking good for the Canucks.

Posted Image

#98 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,993 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Down 2-0 and the team isn't playing well. People are going to be upset and I don't blame them. This team hasn't been playing well for a few months now but they've still managed to get the wins however the playoffs are completely different and it's definitely not looking good for the Canucks.

agree.. it's been months since they played a complete game with effort..

#99 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,212 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Like the title says. I am ashamed to be a Canuck fan tonight. Not ashamed of my team but by a large portion of the 'fan' base here at CDC. What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Were we eliminated tonight? Did I miss something?

To all those whining and carping about this team. Feel free to cheer for the Flames or Oilers or any other team. I am sure those organizations will appreciate your 'support'.

You guys who became fans in the last 2 years have no clue. I have been having my heart broken by this team for 30 years and to a lot of the real fan base I am a relative newb. Some have been bleeding Canuck blue for longer than the team has been in the NHL. That's what real fans do.

So if you want off the bandwagon, that's just fine. GTFO. The real fans will carry the weight.

I Reach all my +1 for the Day.

So I just wanted to say +1 I Agree Completely.

zackass.png

#100 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

I think his actual point is that the people who already have a full plan on who to trade, which coaches to fire, how to redesign the uniforms etc. are going a bit overboard, sure its not looking good but last I checked it takes 4 wins to move on...not 2.

Actually nevermind we need to Fire the entire coaching staff, trade luongo and schneider, also trade kesler raymond edler rome bieksa ballard booth both sedins and ebbett for good measure also we need a new arena an entire new fan base, we need new music played between whistles we need new uniforms...through these trades we will get the top 3 picks in the draft and we will get yakupov and hedman and kassian will play on the 1st line with them and then jesus will come play in the net and stanley cup here we come. Oh yeah I forgot fire Gillis too and get CoHo back...

Gets a bit ridiculous right?

Edited by Kesler_smash, 14 April 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#101 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

who is actually upvoting this dumbfuk? he calls fans "pathetic" for expressing disappointment in team and somehow having that knowledge gives him comfort. you're disgusting trash.

read on further where i clarify that I find the way canucks fans react is pathetic not that they are disappointed. Idiot.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#102 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Bring back the negative

#103 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Being a realist doesn't make you a bad fan... It makes you intelligent fan.

okay OP, how exactly do you expect fans to react after seeing their Presidents Trophy winning team be down 2-0?? Seriously, I really do want to know. I am baffled that you feel that being disappointed is somehow innapropriate.

both of these are true; PLUS, the D and Edler really need to improve their play! Can't believe I'd be complaining about him while Bieksa and Ballard and co. are still on the team, but it's guys like Eddie the Eagle, Hammer and Sami who aren't doing well... also expectations SHOULD be high for a team that JUST went to the Cup Final and played through the regular season as though they were holding back for the playoffs! And now we get performances like these? Sure, it's not like they haven't pushed, but there needs to be more consistency to go with their determination!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#104 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Did Carolina fans deserve a Cup?
Did Tampa fans deserve a Cup?

They didn't even freaking know what hockey was when their teams won the Cup
I remember CBC interviewed a Tampa resident and asked him "How do you pronouce 'Lecavalier'?" And the guy was like "uuhhh Luh Kav A Leer?"

The fans have every right to be ticked off. 41 years without a Cup. That is all.

This x1000.
Stop whining about the fan base. Some of you guys really don't know how good the Canucks have it here when it comes to the fans. It's a Canadian city and you're delusional if you think Montreal or Philly isn't the same or worse.

Edited by WestCoastCanucks, 14 April 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#105 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Edited by WestCoastCanucks, 14 April 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#106 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Like the title says. I am ashamed to be a Canuck fan tonight. Not ashamed of my team but by a large portion of the 'fan' base here at CDC. What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Were we eliminated tonight? Did I miss something?

To all those whining and carping about this team. Feel free to cheer for the Flames or Oilers or any other team. I am sure those organizations will appreciate your 'support'.

You guys who became fans in the last 2 years have no clue. I have been having my heart broken by this team for 30 years and to a lot of the real fan base I am a relative newb. Some have been bleeding Canuck blue for longer than the team has been in the NHL. That's what real fans do.

So if you want off the bandwagon, that's just fine. GTFO. The real fans will carry the weight.

lol, the fans here whine about everything. It's crazy.

Posted Image

#107 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

lmao stfu stop being so dramatic.

you're just as bad as the people that act the way you say they do.

I hate people like you who over-dramatize hockey fans : "THIS CITY DOESNT DESERVE A STANLEY CUP CUZ THEY GET WORRIED ABOOT GOING DOWN IN A SERIES 2-0 AND GETTING COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED"

just lighten up, you sound like a pretentious douche. Hockey fans EVERYWHERE have a right to worry about a series when they're down 2-0 and got completely outplayed in both games.

I hate a lot of canuck fans too, but I don't make douchey pretentious posts like this.

Not to mention this is a hockey forum, and the team this forum is based around is down 2-0 in the series.

Do you expect all happy roses posts? I don't think any fanbase anywhere, especially one that won the president's trophy back to back, which means high expectations, would act like that.

#108 sedinaliens2233

sedinaliens2233

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

You're pathetic, you moron. Team plays like crap, people have every right to be negative. Grow up, the world isn't all sunshine, rainbows, and kittens.

#109 605skunk

605skunk

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

Inb4 you all realize that the boards are public to everyone and all the other fans from different teams are laughing at this thread and seeing all the neg stuff ppl post all the time.

I feel bad for the players if they actually read these boards. Nothing would de-moralize me more knowing that a forum thats loaded with negative feedback is free to view without registering. gj most hated fanbase/team in the nhl, u deserve the best.

#110 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

I was at the game, and this team sucks.

I am sorry, but the team i saw was terrible. I wanted to cry.. The Kings suck, like they are absolutely terrible. The only way they're scoring on us is because we're sucking even harder than they are. The way our team is playing right now, we're gonna get swept. Simple as that.

You expect me to cheer at a game like that? When they're not even trying?

I am sorry you lost me there. They got a Vezina candidate who made 46 saves in a playoff game. Maybe the rest of their team isn't stellar, but Quick's play alone elevates the group. There are no terrible teams in the playoffs. Hell, even florida wasn't THAT bad last night.

Canucks didn't sweep Kings in the regular season either, in fact they struggled, so I don't see how anyone in their right mind can call them an absolutely terrible team. That's just arrogant and blatantly untrue.

#111 Joeymoss

Joeymoss

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

People crying over players making millions. I say good on them to lose a couple.

#112 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

I take solace in the fact that Pittsburgh is in even worse shape than us right now lol.

#113 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Yeah guys, just because you fork over $200 per ticket to go see a game, means that you can dump all over the team. And just because they make millions of dollars, that doesn't mean you get to hurt their feelings. They have mothers too you know.

Edited by gamasutra, 14 April 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#114 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

This fan base obviously doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup. If it wasn't for me being raised in BC, I would absolutely hate this team as well because of this fan base.

I hate seeing the Canucks lose like that but knowing that there are so many pathetic fans out there disappointed, gives me some comfort. Also, I know that there are obviously a group of good canucks fans, but if you compare us to the other big markets, we have one of if not the worst fan bases .

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

EDIT: Let me make it more clear that I am not criticizing the disappointment, obviously we have every right to be disappointed but the way these fans reacted to losing 2 games of a 7 game series is like I said pathetic.

You have nailed it.

I'm not from BC, I'm from Scotland and I can't stand half the idiots on here. They bleat on about 5-0 and 6-0 scores against top teams and then if things don't happen like they do on their Playstaion, they chuck their toys out the pram and want to get rid of half the team, the coach and the GM.

I hope and pray no one at the Club or connected to it read the garbage printed on here by idiots who know damned all about hockey.
Kevin.jpg

#115 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Yeah guys, just because you fork over $200 per ticket to go see a game, means that you can dump all over the team. And just because they make millions of dollars, that doesn't mean you get to hurt their feelings. They have mothers too you know.

Do one mate!
Kevin.jpg

#116 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

You're pathetic, you moron. Team plays like crap, people have every right to be negative. Grow up, the world isn't all sunshine, rainbows, and kittens.

It's you who is the moron.

The team is not playing as well as expected or as well as we have seen them. Do you see any of our players NOT trying 100% to put it right. We have been without one of the best players and highest scorers in the league, while playing a very good team with an outstanding goalie...............but nevertheless you just have to rubbish them. Grow a pair or find a team that's perfect in every way.

No doubt about it ............your are one alright.
Kevin.jpg

#117 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Vancouver has very much become a city of entitlement. People want instant gratification and are spoiled/pampered here now....don't get me wrong, I love this city but, as someone born/raised here, I see the climate changing. Gone is the nose to the grindstone mentality where you actually worked hard and earned what you got. So those same people who get to zip around in luxury cars before they've even left high school also don't appreciate what it takes to earn something...they figure you snap your fingers and it's there. That's very much reflected in how some here view the team...just do it. But it's not that simple. These are all quality teams who make it to the playoffs and LA's hungry. They have a great goaltender and it isn't simply a done deal because some here think it should be. Although they're used to getting what they want, this requires a bit of work, possibly some patience and maybe even the end result that you DON'T get what you want. But it's how it is.

I love this team and, as some know here, am a bit of - no - a complete homer. But you take the good with the bad and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some suggest these players don't want it. Don't try. Are you kidding me - most athletes have chosen a profession they love. They didn't get into it for the money, it was what they grew up doing. It's their passion. This team has given us a lot to cheer for but you don't turn your back when they falter, you rally.

I understand people's frustration, the threads that are simply venting, etc. But I also question some of them - I don't know that they're made by fans of the team, itself, as much as they are of celebrating and partying. You don't see some through the regular season, because it's boring and mundane then but, come the playoffs, they put on their hats and hit the streets. It's ok - the more the merrier and we are all Canucks, but some of us are true blue to the core and can't turn our backs on the team. I'd be in that group. GO CANUCK GO!

Regards,
Cheerleader Deb

Posted Image

#118 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Did Carolina fans deserve a Cup?
Did Tampa fans deserve a Cup?

They didn't even freaking know what hockey was when their teams won the Cup
I remember CBC interviewed a Tampa resident and asked him "How do you pronouce 'Lecavalier'?" And the guy was like "uuhhh Luh Kav A Leer?"

The fans have every right to be ticked off. 41 years without a Cup. That is all.

I see... The current team deserves all of your anger then.

#119 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Also: please, both sides are entitled to express their opinions but not by using personal insults. I'm really tired of editing so we'll start making it a matter of official warnings. You can attack the idea, but not the person directly. We are all Canucks idiots at some point, but it doesn't need to be pointed out. :)

Posted Image

#120 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

Did you count this one as 1 of the 20? :rolleyes:

The team looks disinterested. So much so that I wonder whether they are purposely letting Luongo down because they know they can't win with him in net. (this hasn't been his fault really but 8 goals against isn't good enough in any case)

We're going to find out on Sunday.

Schneider will start, and if this team "suddenly" wakes up, then we all know who's going to be gone next year...

Go Canucks!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.