Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Pathetic Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#121 NordicNinja

NordicNinja

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

i'm sorry but how do you "love" an effort where our powerplay has a -2 goal differential? there's being a fan and then there's being delusional

Ya I'm not happy with the outcome... Just trying to see some positives instead of bailing ship and/or crapping all over them. At this point I'd rather have blind faith and hope that they come back vs claim to be an intelligent realist who points out the obvious shortcomings and says it's over. I'll save my complaining for AFTER they are knocked out. At this point they have a huge uphill battle and they need support, not a bunch of primaddona "realists."

#122 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Vancouver has very much become a city of entitlement. People want instant gratification and are spoiled/pampered here now....don't get me wrong, I love this city but, as someone born/raised here, I see the climate changing. Gone is the nose to the grindstone mentality where you actually worked hard and earned what you got. So those same people who get to zip around in luxury cars before they've even left high school also don't appreciate what it takes to earn something...they figure you snap your fingers and it's there. That's very much reflected in how some here view the team...just do it. But it's not that simple. These are all quality teams who make it to the playoffs and LA's hungry. They have a great goaltender and it isn't simply a done deal because some here think it should be. Although they're used to getting what they want, this requires a bit of work, possibly some patience and maybe even the end result that you DON'T get what you want. But it's how it is.

I love this team and, as some know here, am a bit of - no - a complete homer. But you take the good with the bad and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some suggest these players don't want it. Don't try. Are you kidding me - most athletes have chosen a profession they love. They didn't get into it for the money, it was what they grew up doing. It's their passion. This team has given us a lot to cheer for but you don't turn your back when they falter, you rally.

I understand people's frustration, the threads that are simply venting, etc. But I also question some of them - I don't know that they're made by fans of the team, itself, as much as they are of celebrating and partying. You don't see some through the regular season, because it's boring and mundane then but, come the playoffs, they put on their hats and hit the streets. It's ok - the more the merrier and we are all Canucks, but some of us are true blue to the core and can't turn our backs on the team. I'd be in that group. GO CANUCK GO!

Regards,
Cheerleader Deb

Deb, good post. The only thing that would worry me in it, is the thought that some of these people are behind the wheel of a car. :)

Edited by Bodee, 14 April 2012 - 08:38 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#123 raskolnikov

raskolnikov

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Statistically speaking, it's unlikely the Canucks will win this series. Of course we can hope, but being pessimistic when your team has dropped the first two games at home is the correct position to hold, if you're a betting man. You can point to some teams that have come back, but that would be a simple case of counting the hits and ignoring the misses. For every team that has done it, there have been thirty who have not.
Having said that, as fans we have no choice but to continue to support our team right until the end. It means we have to be out on the deck, waving our arms while the ship goes down. But pointing out that the ship just might have some holes in it, and may actually end up sinking doesn't make us bad fans—it just means we care.
"Any woman who intentionally has more than two children commits a crime against humanity." - Isaac Asimov

#124 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

okay OP, how exactly do you expect fans to react after seeing their Presidents Trophy winning team be down 2-0?? Seriously, I really do want to know. I am baffled that you feel that being disappointed is somehow innapropriate.

Well said! We have every right to be very disapointed. Of course, there is no need to boo the team as that accomplishes nothing and just aggrevates the situation. However with that said, we all know this team has been suffering since "game 8" of the Bruins series a few months back. Something happened to this team then - I still have not put my finger on it but they have been a "shell" of themselves. Compound this with meager performances from the likes of Raymond, Mr.DC (Dump & Change-Mahotra), Edler's recent derailment, Kesler's lack of scoring, Henrik's off balance and a host of other issues and you could see that this team entered the playoffs on less than a solid footing. I agree with most that they still have a very good chance to rebound in games 3/4, but one more bad game and they will unfortunately be done as I don't see enough mustard on the team (at this moment) to get out of a 3-0 hole. My best hopes go out to the Canucks for a rebound. Go-Canucks Go.

#125 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,695 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm not ashamed to be a Canucks fan.
I'm ashamed by threads like this and so many others here on CDC this year.

I am disappointed. Will I stop cheering? Nope. Been a fan since 1975 - that's a lot of years of disappointment - so yes, as a long time fan I do want instant gratification. Anything less than a cup is trivial to me. Maybe for some of you 2 or 3 year old fans - just cheering for a team is satisfaction enough.

Again, I thirst for a cup. I won't be satisfied until this team wins one.
If you're ashamed to be associated with fans like me - then go cheer for another team.

Edited by Heretic, 14 April 2012 - 08:44 AM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#126 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Deb, good post. The only thing that would worry me in it, is the thought that some of these people are behind the wheel of a car. :)

Another well said statement Deb. Unfortunately Vancouver has a track record of shallowness and aloofness. This will not change overnight. However post likes your's will perhaps be read by those "Now generation" kids and they'll think about what supporting a team is really all about!

#127 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

I agree, I really hate our fanbase sometimes. I think it's just that everyone's expectations are so high. We're almost as bad as TO, but at least they still support their team when they suck :P

by chanting Go Jays Go?

Posted Image

#128 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

have you seen the way this team is playing they go 8-1-1 into the playoffs and then all of a sudden crap the bed 2 games in a row

yes i believe but also I'm realistic in the fact if this team doesn't show some heart some passion they will be swept

#129 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

have you seen the way this team is playing they go 8-1-1 into the playoffs and then all of a sudden crap the bed 2 games in a row

yes i believe but also I'm realistic in the fact if this team doesn't show some heart some passion they will be swept

Well to be fair the 8-1-1 stretch was a fairly soft stretch of schedule. Playoff series are always different as the other teams key in on you/watch tape to break your game down.

It's not over, but it is showing our play is exploitable.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#130 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I've been an avid follower of the Canucks since 1989 when I was a little kid. 1994 broke my heart and 2011 broke it again when I was so sure that that was our time. I guess the bottom line is that this franchise and it's true fans just really need a Cup, just one Stanley Cup I think would do the trick. It would give everyone something to hang thier hats on and then maybe we wouldn't see so much insanity and stupidity among fans on these boards and elsewhere.
Speaking for myself, I can go pretty overboard after a significant loss by the Canucks and start talking about trading this guy or fire this guy or whatever, but I think that kind of passion is just fuelled by the frustration of having so much time and emotion invested in rooting and hoping and even praying that your team can win the big prize, only to see them skate away empty handed every time.
The Canucks have come painfully close two times now with 2011 giving all of thier fans very high expectations for these playoffs. If we dont do it this year but do it sometime soon, I would bet the fans would'nt get so hysterical about a playoff loss if we could say something like " Ah well, we won the Stanley Cup last year". Go Canucks Go!

#131 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

by chanting Go Jays Go?

That was hilarious. But you've gotta admit, most of them have put up with their crappy team for years and years now
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#132 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Canucks are chocking!

Go Phoenix, and Flyers!!! They know how to play Whooo!!!

Canucks hockey is boring to watch, ive been a "homer" fan for too long, Im off the bandwagon, Ill come back when they have a team. if they never get a team i could care less, its been 40 years, id be insane! to blindly rave and babble worshipping this team.

They actually planned out before game 2 "we're not going to do anything after the whistles"!! omg this is the playoffs pussys time to fight and scrap your way to victory, none of this high and mighty BS, like they think they're so good. have a good summer boys TO could use some buddies on the golf course :D

Not exactly sure what 'chocking' (:rolleyes:)is supposed to be but thank God you're off the bandwagon.......a little more room for someone who may actually become a dedicated Canucks fan.

Don't let the wheels run over your ass as you fall beneath the axles........

*shove*

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 14 April 2012 - 10:18 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#133 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

This fan base obviously doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup. If it wasn't for me being raised in BC, I would absolutely hate this team as well because of this fan base.

I hate seeing the Canucks lose like that but knowing that there are so many pathetic fans out there disappointed, gives me some comfort. Also, I know that there are obviously a group of good canucks fans, but if you compare us to the other big markets, we have one of if not the worst fan bases .

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

EDIT: Let me make it more clear that I am not criticizing the disappointment, obviously we have every right to be disappointed but the way these fans reacted to losing 2 games of a 7 game series is like I said pathetic.

actually its the team that doesnt deserve a cup... the fans are just along for the ride... the wallet-breaking, heart wrenching, dissapointment of a ride.

how can you say its the fans that are undeserving? did the edmonton fans in the gretzky years DESERVE all the cups?... no, you see, its the players on the ice who win the cup - we just throw our name in the canuck hat and hope to see a championship in our lifetime.

your major flaw in creating this thread is that your judging our fan base on posts made on CDC... really? you do know that CDC has a reputation of being even more panic strikken than the average fan? you realize that probly half of the posters havent made it out of high school? you realize that behind the anonymity of the internet people blow things out of proportion to get a rise out of anyone they can?

no.. this fan base deserves a cup as much as any team, and certainly more than carolina or anaheim. fact is canuck fans are some of the most passionate fans in the league, which is obvious when you see how much we care when our team loses - if we were undeserving of a cup we wouldn't care so much... and considering how bad last year ended, i dont think many fanbases deserve a cup more than the canucks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#134 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I've been a fan for an awfully long time too, Heretic. But, for me, I've also been through the ringer over the years and have learned to ride the wave out when things get bad. That it changes nothing to predict the worst if it's something beyond my control. So, until then, I try to look at the glass as half full because the other option is overwhelming and defeating. Maybe it comes with going through painful experiences in life...you learn to extract the positive elements in order to keep moving in the right direction. It's pointless to head down the other path because you're then succumbing to it.

We all want the cup but the "what have you done for me lately" theme gets tiring. This team is trying, I guarantee you that. They want it as badly as the fans do, so to get down on them seems a little counterproductive and pointless. It gets dizzying as the fans fly their banners one game only to pull them down and burn them the next. Ride it out.

I love that a member of the Lions sent a message to the team telling them to hang in there, using their season last year as a reminder that it ain't over till it's over (my guess is Geroy, as he's a big fan). Should bring up their spirits a bit if they are getting down on themselves.

Having been a fan for all these years should have you appreciate that we are "almost there". Just will make it that much sweeter when our team finally does hoist the cup...for me, I'm not counting out this year yet. The Grey Cup win last year really helped keep things in perspective. The '94 run as well. Anything can happen here, so I'm choosing to focus in that direction.

Posted Image

#135 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Vancouver has very much become a city of entitlement. People want instant gratification and are spoiled/pampered here now....don't get me wrong, I love this city but, as someone born/raised here, I see the climate changing. Gone is the nose to the grindstone mentality where you actually worked hard and earned what you got. So those same people who get to zip around in luxury cars before they've even left high school also don't appreciate what it takes to earn something...they figure you snap your fingers and it's there. That's very much reflected in how some here view the team...just do it. But it's not that simple. These are all quality teams who make it to the playoffs and LA's hungry. They have a great goaltender and it isn't simply a done deal because some here think it should be. Although they're used to getting what they want, this requires a bit of work, possibly some patience and maybe even the end result that you DON'T get what you want. But it's how it is.

I love this team and, as some know here, am a bit of - no - a complete homer. But you take the good with the bad and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some suggest these players don't want it. Don't try. Are you kidding me - most athletes have chosen a profession they love. They didn't get into it for the money, it was what they grew up doing. It's their passion. This team has given us a lot to cheer for but you don't turn your back when they falter, you rally.

I understand people's frustration, the threads that are simply venting, etc. But I also question some of them - I don't know that they're made by fans of the team, itself, as much as they are of celebrating and partying. You don't see some through the regular season, because it's boring and mundane then but, come the playoffs, they put on their hats and hit the streets. It's ok - the more the merrier and we are all Canucks, but some of us are true blue to the core and can't turn our backs on the team. I'd be in that group. GO CANUCK GO!

Regards,
Cheerleader Deb

the first three sentences of your post could apply to a few places in the world deb . i live in melbourne and it is very much the same , "it's all about me" ," what have you done for me lately "i do not think people realise the more you put into something and the harder it is to achieve , the more rewarding that thing is , and that there is a lot satisfaction to be had in the striving for that goal.
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#136 Tommi-Santala

Tommi-Santala

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

People like you make me ashamed.
so what we are die hard canucks fans but see reality as it is, that makes us "bandwagoners" as we appear, shut the f*ck up enjoy the game and dont worry how other people enjoy it, enjoy the game as you enjoy it

#137 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

This fan base obviously doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup. If it wasn't for me being raised in BC, I would absolutely hate this team as well because of this fan base.

I hate seeing the Canucks lose like that but knowing that there are so many pathetic fans out there disappointed, gives me some comfort. Also, I know that there are obviously a group of good canucks fans, but if you compare us to the other big markets, we have one of if not the worst fan bases .

This thread doesn't need much of a description, just look at the message board...2 positive threads to 20 bashing threads.

EDIT: Let me make it more clear that I am not criticizing the disappointment, obviously we have every right to be disappointed but the way these fans reacted to losing 2 games of a 7 game series is like I said pathetic.

If the fans aren't pissed that the team is down 2-0 in a series where the Canucks have played like absolute crap, then there is a problem. Every major fan base in the league goes through this. Go to Toronto and Montreal and you'll see the exact same thing if they were in the Canucks situation.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 15 April 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#138 sedinaliens2233

sedinaliens2233

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

It's you who is the moron.

The team is not playing as well as expected or as well as we have seen them. Do you see any of our players NOT trying 100% to put it right. We have been without one of the best players and highest scorers in the league, while playing a very good team with an outstanding goalie...............but nevertheless you just have to rubbish them. Grow a pair or find a team that's perfect in every way.

No doubt about it ............your are one alright.

You are an idiot. Give your head a shake. Canucks played like crap, I call it like I see it. With the way they are playing, do I think they will win the series? No, I don't. Does that make me less of a fan, no it doesn't. We have every right as a fan to be critical of the team. If they are playing bad, I'm not gonna sit there and pretend that everything is going to be peachy keen.

You are the epitome of everything I hate. A stupid high and mighty, uneducated fan that thinks he is better than everybody else because he doesn't make negative remarks about the team. Bottom line, team plays like crap, I tell it like it is. Last two games, the Canucks suck... Uh oh, did I hurt your feelings for putting them down? Do you the "superfan" get angry when I say that they look like garbage right now and will be lucky to win one game in the series? I would love for me to be proven wrong, but you can't be blind and ignore what's going on.

Get off your friggin high horse. Every fan has every right to support/cheer/boo their favorite team the way they want to. Oh, and if you read the posts on this thread, most of them agree with me. Enjoy life in the land of sunshine and rainbows, I'll be living in the real world.

Edited by sedinaliens2233, 15 April 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#139 sedinaliens2233

sedinaliens2233

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

People like you make me ashamed.
so what we are die hard canucks fans but see reality as it is, that makes us "bandwagoners" as we appear, shut the f*ck up enjoy the game and dont worry how other people enjoy it, enjoy the game as you enjoy it

I agree with Tommi Santala 100%

#140 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

When your last line of defense is Luongo...its damn hard to be positive ! He positively can;t get us over the hump. His stats this past season put him at the bottom of all playoff goalies...how does a 1st place team win with the NHL's 16th best goalie in net. Play the guy whose stats reflect our league position,,,SCHNEIDER. His numbers reflect his true ability. stats are designed to reflect ability and production. We have not given our team the best chance to win by playing a mediocre goalie against Quick(one of the Leagues best )
Coaches are always trying to match lines, but we fail to match goalies ! We deserve to be down by 2 games playing our second best (by a long shot) goalie !!

#141 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

If the fans aren't pissed that the team is down 2-0 in a series where the Canucks have played like absolute crap, then there is a problem. Every major fan base in the league goes through this. Go to Toronto and Montreal and you'll see the exact same thing if they were in the Canucks situation.

The team is really underachieving right now, so yes we can be pissed. However, throwing the team under the bus 2 games into a series isn't going to do any good. I have no problem about criticizing what they are doing right now but when you go so many people just giving up already and just whining about everything, it makes you look like a bunch of losers. I am not only talking about CDC. Canuck fans at GM are very easy to take out of the game. Also, lets not forget fans booing Luongo after we finished with the Presidents trophy heading into the post season. It's pathetic. I have no sympathy for these fans and like I said, If I grew up outside of BC, I would hate the Canucks.

Why do you think there is a mutual hate for the canucks around the league? I'll give you guys a hint, it is not only the Canucks. It is mainly the fan base.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#142 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

lol STFU OP. What the f do you expect? I guess we should all be like "gosh! they tried their best! There is always next year and next year and next yearand next year and next year and next year and next year and next year....."

Frankly, I don't care really care anymore. The fan base already has a reputation of being a bunch of arrogant whining p******. You're just another piece to the puzzle.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#143 NLluvitorleaveit

NLluvitorleaveit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Not exactly sure what 'chocking' ( :rolleyes:)is supposed to be but thank God you're off the bandwagon.......a little more room for someone who may actually become a dedicated Canucks fan.

Don't let the wheels run over your ass as you fall beneath the axles........

*shove*

Well said BB....hahahahahahaha I totally agree,luv it :lol:

Posted Image

#144 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

so if you cannot be better than a douche then join them eh. so tell me why should i be pissed at the team i support, because they lost a couple of games of hockey
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#145 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

The team is really underachieving right now, so yes we can be pissed. However, throwing the team under the bus 2 games into a series isn't going to do any good. I have no problem about criticizing what they are doing right now but when you go so many people just giving up already and just whining about everything, it makes you look like a bunch of losers. I am not only talking about CDC. Canuck fans at GM are very easy to take out of the game. Also, lets not forget fans booing Luongo after we finished with the Presidents trophy heading into the post season. It's pathetic. I have no sympathy for these fans and like I said, If I grew up outside of BC, I would hate the Canucks.

Why do you think there is a mutual hate for the canucks around the league? I'll give you guys a hint, it is not only the Canucks. It is mainly the fan base.

There are two extremes here that need to be addressed. One is obviously the people who are throwing the team under the bus. Another is the extreme homers who will never criticize the team regardless of if they play horrible or not. Most of the true canuck fans fall in the middle of the spectrum, supporting the team but also criticizing them when they play like absolute crap. I honestly don't mind that, even if the media sometimes goes too far on one end of the spectrum.

The hate towards the Canucks is warranted from the team, not the fans. The fans is used as an excuse to hate the team, just like it is for any other team in sports. Who's the most hated team in baseball? The Yankees. Football? The Patriots. Basketball? The Heat or Lakers. What do those teams have in common? They're all elite teams in their respective sports. The Canucks are hated because other teams are jealous of the Canucks, not because of the fans.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 15 April 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#146 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

You can ride your high horse right into the sunset poncho. If you aren't concerned about the way this club is playing then fly to LA and enjoy. Hockey is a pretty simple game and when your team isn't executing then as a fan you have the right to guess or strategize why they aren't. That is the essence of being a fan. That is why the Canucks have sold out 415 games. It is why the NHL gets to make BS reffing calls and get away with it. Most important it is why the players get paid the enormous amounts of money they do! It all works because idiots like me live the game. If the Canucks were also rans the level of feedback wouldn't be there. Would that make you happy?

#147 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

You are an idiot. Give your head a shake. Canucks played like crap, I call it like I see it. With the way they are playing, do I think they will win the series? No, I don't. Does that make me less of a fan, no it doesn't. We have every right as a fan to be critical of the team. If they are playing bad, I'm not gonna sit there and pretend that everything is going to be peachy keen. You are the epitome of everything I hate. A stupid high and mighty, uneducated fan that thinks he is better than everybody else because he doesn't make negative remarks about the team. Bottom line, team plays like crap, I tell it like it is. Last two games, the Canucks suck... Uh oh, did I hurt your feelings for putting them down? Do you the "superfan" get angry when I say that they look like garbage right now and will be lucky to win one game in the series? I would love for me to be proven wrong, but you can't be blind and ignore what's going on. Get off your friggin high horse. Every fan has every right to support/cheer/boo their favorite team the way they want to. Oh, and if you read the posts on this thread, most of them agree with me. Enjoy life in the land of sunshine and rainbows, I'll be living in the real world.

post of thread ^^^^^

cosign.

some of these people need to find lives outside of staking their own self worth/happiness to the results of professional hockey games their watching on tv, jesus christ, reading some the suckery and whining like its the end of your lives if the team loses is some serious mind check.ca territory.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.