The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Being Down 0-2 Is Just What We Needed

Comrade

Call me crazy, but I personally think that being down 0-2 in the opening round is not the worst thing to happen to us, especially if we're aiming to win that one extra game. Here's why:

-Canucks need to use this as a wake up call. People have been comparing this team to last year's, core has been relatively intact (minus Ehrhoff) but we are no where near the team we were last year. On paper, we might have improved our 3rd and 4th line in terms of grit. But in reality, most of our players are not playing as well as they had last year. Kesler + Sedins production are way down, mostly due to our struggling special teams. Being down 0-2, I hope they realize that they need to play their absolute best just to get out of the first round. Don't let the 8th seed fool anyone, the Kings are a lethal team. They have been under achieving early on and have rediscovered their game the latter half of the season.

-Schneider. Not to rag on Luongo, he played excellent in game 1 and decent tonight, but Schneider has the ability to steal us games. He's been a wall in every game, whether it's the game in Boston or the one towards the end of the season against the Ducks in relieve of Luongo. Provided that Schneider starts game 3, the goalie who's had the better season would be in between the pipes. I truly believe that Schneider would give us a better chance of winning if he plays with the same form as he had all season. The goaltending controversy has been around for a reason, it was never around when he was being backed by Sanford.

Despite last year's results, it's better being down 0-2 in the 1st round than in the SCFs.

Call me crazy, but I personally think that being down 0-2 in the opening round is not the worst thing to happen to us, especially if we're aiming to win that one extra game. Here's why:

-Canucks need to use this as a wake up call. People have been comparing this team to last year's, core has been relatively intact (minus Ehrhoff) but we are no where near the team we were last year. On paper, we might have improved our 3rd and 4th line in terms of grit. But in reality, most of our players are not playing as well as they had last year. Kesler + Sedins production are way down, mostly due to our struggling special teams. Being down 0-2, I hope they realize that they need to play their absolute best just to get out of the first round. Don't let the 8th seed fool anyone, the Kings are a lethal team. They have been under achieving early on and have rediscovered their game the latter half of the season.

-Schneider. Not to rag on Luongo, he played excellent in game 1 and decent tonight, but Schneider has the ability to steal us games. He's been a wall in every game, whether it's the game in Boston or the one towards the end of the season against the Ducks in relieve of Luongo. Provided that Schneider starts game 3, the goalie who's had the better season would be in between the pipes. I truly believe that Schneider would give us a better chance of winning if he plays with the same form as he had all season. The goaltending controversy has been around for a reason, it was never around when he was being backed by Sanford.

Despite last year's results, it's better being down 0-2 in the 1st round than in the SCFs.

I think we lost the pieces to "flip the switch" like we did last year and the year before in the regular season when we just kept coming back from deficits..

They talked about this on 1040.. Ehrhoff was a big part of our offensive push and Samuelsson give our PP a different look when needed and Torres provided the spark at times.. Getting rid of Coho for Pahlsson makes our third line stronger but also reduces our ability to overwhelm our opponents like we did last year..

It's not impossible to completely turn it around but our team just isn't built that way this year and it would be in a much scrappier way..

Archived