The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Av Coached His Last Game At Rogers' Arena?

Hock-E-Dad

The boys are on the ropes, but can turn this all around with a big win in LA on Sunday. That said, if the Canucks go down in four, which sadly is a real possibility, I think the Canucks coaching staff will be gone. The PP is a disaster, our line combinations are still not set, and this season the entire team has just been off and seemingly disinterested for long stretches. Am I the only one that sees a house-cleaning coming?

No.

I refuse to believe that we will not see another game in Vancouver this year.

But even if you are correct, I still believe AV will be back next year.

Reason 1 - Made playoffs every year but one. Several division titles. 2 President's Trophies. 1 Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Reason 2 - Who is out there that would be an upgrade? It is reckless to make a change just for the sake of change.

As bad as we've been i don't see us being swept.. I still don't have alot of confidence we'll win this series but you never know.. Im trying to tell myself 1 game at a time but when your supposed to be a SC contender to play as bad as we have and to see this team revert back to its old selves is heartbreaking.

Guest The Brown Burrows

If we lose in the 1st round, I think a new coach is needed.

We need to wake up and play, were getting walked all over (horrible series for us, nobody besides Henrik and Raymond are giving it their all on every shift).

Whether this was technically AV's last game in Rogers Arena or not, I sincerely hope, unless the Canucks shock us all and actually go on to win it all, that AV doesn't coach another Canucks game after this year. Give credit where credit is due, he's accomplished a lot during his tenure as head coach here and deserves kudos for that. He's a good coach. However, I feel he's worn out his welcome here. The team needs a change and for the past few years Gillis has made those changes to the roster. Call me crazy, but I still believe in the core of this team so I don't think making major changes to player personnel is going to help. Time to put a different face behind the bench.

Something needs to be done...

PP is a disaster-has been for SO LONG that its pathetic...if the system isnt working, isnt being executed, CHANGE IT UP. You know it sucks that danny is out AND we dont have coho but have to settle for ebbett, booth, higgins second unit was it?

Line combinations arent set...its the playoffs and AV is still juggling lines. We may have depth but we are sure lacking team chemistry.

I always thought that the canucks were disiinterested during season cuz they just wanted to start the REAL season and redeem themselves. I was wrong. It sure didnt look like tht in the first two games.

Last year, GM MG Helped the team going into the post season. This season, I believe he hurt the team. We need secondary scoring and hoff like d to anchor the pp.

Not liking the chances, but lets wait and see. If we do lose series, something will need to be done.

You raise an interesting question, when was the last time the Canucks lost 4 games in a row?

I'm pretty sure the last time the Canucks lost 4 in a row in the playoffs was the 02 Wings but I could be wrong on that one.

No.

I refuse to believe that we will not see another game in Vancouver this year.

But even if you are correct, I still believe AV will be back next year.

Reason 1 - Made playoffs every year but one. Several division titles. 2 President's Trophies. 1 Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Reason 2 - Who is out there that would be an upgrade? It is reckless to make a change just for the sake of change.

The last time they lost the first two games was against Colorado, and we went down in four....

I hope beyond hope that this doesn't happen this year, but this team has regressed so badly that I think a coaching change is needed if we go out early. In the off-season we need to turn one of our goaltending assets into something that can help us move forward.

Archived