The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Av Coached His Last Game At Rogers' Arena?

Hock-E-Dad

AV has overstayed his welcome by at least 5 years. He's leading a group that looks broken and beaten again, just like game 7 last year.

I'd fire him right now.

I would've fired him in the offseason.

I would've fired him after game 6 vs. Chicago last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

He should've been shown the door along with Nonis.

Paul Maurice, Craig McTavish or Pat Quinn.

I Believe Pat Quinn even Mention he was Interested in Getting back into coaching, Hes a Guy who can get the Best out of his Players, I think he would work here, and Bring Consistency to our Game.

AV has overstayed his welcome by at least 5 years. He's leading a group that looks broken and beaten again, just like game 7 last year.

I'd fire him right now.

I would've fired him in the offseason.

I would've fired him after game 6 vs. Chicago last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

He should've been shown the door along with Nonis.

If Canucks lose in Round 1 I would expect a coaching change. Only problem is, I don't see a replacement that is a better option than what we have. Which coach is out there? Keenan? Crawford? Sutter? I wouldn't touch any of those 3 with a 10 foot pole. It would have to be someone from the AHL or CHL. I can't think of anybody. Only option I see is MacT getting the call from the Wolves.

I don't mind if AV stays, I just want him to change his style of play to be more defensive.

Defence wins championships, it won one over us last season and it's about to kick us out of the 1st round this year. Defensive teams are the best ones in the league, look at St. Louis, Nashville, New York and Boston. Meanwhile, offensive-based teams like the Canucks, Red Wings and Penguins are struggling to play well against defensive teams.

We need bigger, more physical defencemen for sure but most importantly, we need to play a safer, more boring defensive style of hockey and more of the trap. It may be ugly but it not only wins games, it wins championships and mark my words - it will be the reason a team other than the Canucks win the cup unless we can get our act together defensively.

:picard: Even I'm giving u a Face Palm.

And I Think if we lose that he Should be Fired.

It takes time to build a Contender,

our team in 2007 wasn't a contender, I don't even think it was a Playoff Team Luongo just Carried us Down the Stretch.

The Teams of 08/09 and 09/10 were just getting that Playoff Experience, along with Vigneault, Both Years were Dissapointments but I don't think that Vigneault could have done much Differently, atleast in 2009, maybe in 2010 but Chicago was too Strong that Year anyways.

they finally realized what needs to be done in the Playoffs and did it in Last Years run.

Thats why if we do Colapse this year I don't think there will be any Viable excuses other than the Daniel Sedin Card.

But I still don't think that's enough, we should Beat L.A Either way, then get Daniel back in time to go through the Other Rounds.

Getting the most, and then some, out of your players is what makes a great coach. Darryl Sutter does this. Mike Babcock does this. Ken Hitchcock does this. AV does the same thing over and over expecting different results and chomps on his gum when it doesn't work.

"We need to go out and play our game" doesnt cut it and hasn't for a while.

:picard: Even I'm giving u a Face Palm.

And I Think if we lose that he Should be Fired.

It takes time to build a Contender,

our team in 2007 wasn't a contender, I don't even think it was a Playoff Team Luongo just Carried us Down the Stretch.

The Teams of 08/09 and 09/10 were just getting that Playoff Experience, along with Vigneault, Both Years were Dissapointments but I don't think that Vigneault could have done much Differently, atleast in 2009, maybe in 2010 but Chicago was too Strong that Year anyways.

they finally realized what needs to be done in the Playoffs and did it in Last Years run.

Thats why if we do Colapse this year I don't think there will be any Viable excuses other than the Daniel Sedin Card.

But I still don't think that's enough, we should Beat L.A Either way, then get Daniel back in time to go through the Other Rounds.

I'd be ecstatic if Quinn ended up here as head coach. Anybody judging his ability by how he got thrown under the bus in Edmonton doesn't know a thing about his ability. He had a crummier and even more injured roster and did no worse than Rennie who drove the bus over him.

Giving Quinn a high end roster like this, with either or both of the goalies we have would be awesome to behold...

Just a fun fact: Marc Crawford was fired the year he tried to switch from an offensive-minded team to a defensive one mid-season and playoffs.

They could'nt adapt. They were prone to defensive breakdowns. They could'nt keep the puck out of their own net and could no longer outscore their problems. Seeing any similarities to this year?

Now that i think about it more, that was against Darryl Sutters Flames... eerie.

It'll be interesting to watch what Craig MacTavish does with the Wolves in the playoffs this year. They just clinched their division tonight so they have a guaranteed playoff birth. He has worked well with some members of the Canucks future, like Schroeder, Rodin, Tanev, Connauton and Sauve, and developed them nicely. If he takes that team on a real run, he may be a viable candidate to replace AV if the Canucks crash and burn.

I think you broke it down nicely. As you said, this is THE year. The team got their feet wet in 2009 and 2010 and then experienced what it was like to go on a real run last season. This season is Cup or bust, which is why if the Canucks do bow out to L.A. here in the first round I would EXPECT a coaching change. The team SHOULD be at their peak. Instead, they're playing like they've lost several steps.

I'd be ecstatic if Quinn ended up here as head coach. Anybody judging his ability by how he got thrown under the bus in Edmonton doesn't know a thing about his ability. He had a crummier and even more injured roster and did no worse than Rennie who drove the bus over him.

Giving Quinn a high end roster like this, with either or both of the goalies we have would be awesome to behold...

Archived