Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Thank U Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
134 replies to this topic

#1 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

After watching the first two games I need to get something off my chest. Obviously Luongo has come into the playoffs ready to play. The reason I'm angry is not so much that we lost, but that the team let Lu down.

I'm not sure what needs to be done but I hope everyone can acknowledge whats obvious. Lu wants it bad this year and his play has been STELLAR. What more do we need? Unfortunately I was expecting ryan Kesler to show up... AT LEAST in the playoffs. Im not sure Daniel in the lineup is a game changer. Sedins have no grit for the playoffs. Kassian not ready and Kesler being non existent is a huge problem.

Anyhow thank you Lu. The rest off the team should feel terrible for not taking advantage of what you have been doing. And that's giving us the best chance to win. I really hope everyone else notices that luongo is the only player who was ready. Only way we come back is if we get behind what Lu has been doing.

Keep luongo in net third game! Show the team clips of luongo working his ass off the last two games and tell everyone to step it up! Hopefully guys like Kesler get sick of seeing Lu making save after save and do something about it.

Rant mode off.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#2 Bob Loungo

Bob Loungo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Thanks, I needed that.

#3 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Luongo is done in Vancouver bring in lack and Schneider

#4 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

You really are a knob. Picture yourself sitting on the bench and watching Luongo play his heart out. Making amazing save after save. Ok now your turn get out there young Schneider. I mean... Get real. I love schneiderman as much as the next but use your head. Think about the pressure and that Lu is the guy we need right now.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#5 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

your a joke

#6 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

We have totally let him down, both as a fan base and the team has too.

#7 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

I am Luongo fan and I support him no matter what. For Game 3 Schneider should start, not because Luongo played bad (he has been amazing), but because playing Schneider could wake this team up.

I still fully support Luongo, AV, and the Canucks.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 ronadian

ronadian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Luongo being done in Vancouver may be correct, but it will be idiotic "Fans" like you that make him decide to waive his NTC and get out of a city that doesn't appreciate one of the best goalies in the league.

#9 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Team has been brutal but 4 goals on 26 shots = .84 sv%

Quick stopped 46 of 48 for .95 sv%

Not all LU's fault but he has not been "stellar" as the OP put it.

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Absolutely Ridiculous, Agree 100%

I doubt the Haters that are Hating on Lu right now have even Watched a Game this series, What a Joke.

They just make themselves look bad, with just plain Stupid Comments and Criticism.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 14 April 2012 - 12:33 AM.

zackass.png

#11 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

It's funny seeing things on the other perspective huh?

9HRDQZn.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#12 Teknicide

Teknicide

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Luongo being done in Vancouver may be correct, but it will be idiotic "Fans" like you that make him decide to waive his NTC and get out of a city that doesn't appreciate one of the best goalies in the league.

Quick has saved shots that were pretty basic, the shots Luongo has let in were bad bounces / shots he had no chances on.
Posted Image

#13 mackey16

mackey16

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Team has been brutal but 4 goals on 26 shots = .84 sv%

Quick stopped 46 of 48 for .95 sv%

Not all LU's fault but he has not been "stellar" as the OP put it.

True if you want to look at just numbers but maybe you should look at legitimate scoring chances too. Lu can only do so much when he has a team that seems to have forgotten how to play hockey in front of him.

Edited by mackey16, 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#14 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Team is hanging Luongo out to dry. The first two goals were disgusting turnovers, he had no chance on either one. The second, two he could have had, but it's also partly the teams fault for leaving guys wide open in front of the net and not battling hard enough in the crease area.

Edited by etsen3, 14 April 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#15 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

cdc really can't stop riding luongo's cok. he played good game 1, game 2 was mediocre at best and now cdc bestows him god status as usual.

Did U even Watch any of the Games!!!!!

People who make these Comments like you made, are the Exact, Picture Perfect Example of why this Thread was Created.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

zackass.png

#16 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

cdc really can't stop riding luongo's cok. he played good game 1, game 2 was mediocre at best and now cdc bestows him god status as usual.

Go to the Chicago boards, there is no need for your crap here.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 sport scout

sport scout

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

The team is getting out worked, the defense hasn't been good enough infront of him. The nucks have no answer for that top line

#18 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Love Lu...love his effort... nonetheless...2 losses. Start SCHNIEDS.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#19 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Luongos job is to keep the team in a game and from time to time steal a game for them. He was the one player heading into the playoffs with the most question marks and under the biggest microscope. He has stepped up and delivered everything that we could've asked for. He has give the Canucks a chance to win both game and the Canucks have responded by taking penalty after penalty and then wasting PP times setting absolutely nothing up. Edler has played so bad, I am shocked at this play. The team has let Luongo down. Its a shame to think that Schneider could start Game 3, as much as Luongo doesn't deserve to be pulled, it might be a reality. Hopefully the team responds and wakes the F up. This is embarassing.

#20 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Yes, thank you for a .846 save percentage big game.

#21 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Why does the team play better in front of Schneider?

Is it Lou's BIG salary?
Was it he was chosen as the teams Captain? That was a Fail!
Is it that he fell apart against Chicago 2 years ago (remember Buffy)?
Was it his weak efforts in SCF games held in Boston last year and game 7 here?
Is it just that Vancouver is truly a goalie grave yard?

I don't have the answers but I think the team should go with Schneider next game just because they do seem to play better with him in the nets. It's not like AV has figured out the Kings moves as good as the Kings have figured out what we do.
We need to change something, No?

#22 iremember94

iremember94

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Mediocre at best? So what goal against him was he playing mediocre at best? The one from a rebound following a great toe toe save off kopitar on a SHORT HANDED GIVEAWAY, or the deke move from Brown on the SHORT HANDED BREAKAWAY, or the one that Salo put under his arm, or the one where both defencemen are face down @$$ up on the ice?

#23 2010Canucks

2010Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yeah cause 4 goals on 26 shots is terrific! A whopping .846 sa% and 4gaa!! Sorry but no team is going to win with a goalie with those numbers, I'm not saying the team is playing good and it's just luongo but when they need a big save he's not there to make it, letting in a goal with 3min left in game 1, and 2 goals in the 3rd this game.

He's a good regular season goalie, but brutal in the playoffs. Setting records for letting in the most goals in a scf game, and another record for letting in the 4 fastest goals in a scf in game 7. He is a choker and always will be.

#24 2010Canucks

2010Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Why does the team play better in front of Schneider?

Is it Lou's BIG salary?
Was it he was chosen as the teams Captain? That was a Fail!
Is it that he fell apart against Chicago 2 years ago (remember Buffy)?
Was it his weak efforts in SCF games held in Boston last year and game 7 here?
Is it just that Vancouver is truly a goalie grave yard?

I don't have the answers but I think the team should go with Schneider next game just because they do seem to play better with him in the nets. It's not like AV has figured out the Kings moves as good as the Kings have figured out what we do.
We need to change something, No?

The reason the team plays better in front of Schneider is because the team isn't scattering all over the place trying to make up for luongos sloppy rebounds he lets straight out the middle. And they don't have to play goalie cause Schneider isn't always on his belly, I don't know how many goals Hamhuis has blocked this series when luongos been down and out, not to mention the lucky posts.

#25 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

You really are a knob. Picture yourself sitting on the bench and watching Luongo play his heart out. Making amazing save after save. Ok now your turn get out there young Schneider. I mean... Get real. I love schneiderman as much as the next but use your head. Think about the pressure and that Lu is the guy we need right now.

IT has nothing to do with Luo, it has to do with shaking up this crap team!!!

#26 BabyBolland

BabyBolland

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

bunch of positives from tonight's game, whole team agrees 5-5 was terrific, lot of confidence in pg interview going into game 3.

and all cdc wants to do is send luongo a thank you letter for his .846% sv and whine that no one showed up to play. i know right? 48 shots on goal. didn't show up at all.

seriously cdc go f*ck yourself

Edited by BabyBolland, 14 April 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#27 Yoshitomo

Yoshitomo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Well, nothing is going right except for Luongo. He's in the zone but not getting enough support.

PP not working is completely screwing them over. If the proverbial switch exists, game 3 is the time to flip it. I just hope we see a more determined team on Sunday.
"You wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!"

#28 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,298 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Our forwards and defencemen aren't necessarily the problem - the only players who have played really badly so far are Edler and Salo, maybe even Hamhuis and Bieksa at times.

The reason our defence is making so many mistakes may be personel issues, but I have to give credit to the Kings coaching style. They're defending as a pack and attacking together and right now we're simply getting out-coached.

5-on-5 this team is far hungrier and more skilled than the Kings, but its a few defensive brain-farts and terrible plays on the special teams that is killing this Canucks squad's chances.
Posted Image

#29 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

The reason the team plays better in front of Schneider is because the team isn't scattering all over the place trying to make up for luongos sloppy rebounds he lets straight out the middle. And they don't have to play goalie cause Schneider isn't always on his belly, I don't know how many goals Hamhuis has blocked this series when luongos been down and out, not to mention the lucky posts.

Yeah it's Luongo's fault that they don't score goals and suck on the PP. Why can't Luongo score a goal or two, I'm sure it would help.

Keep drinking that Haterade.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

bunch of positives from tonight's game, whole team agrees 5-5 was terrific, lot of confidence in pg interview going into game 3.

and all cdc wants to do is send luongo a thank you letter for his .846% sv and whine that no one showed up to play. i know right? 48 shots on goal. didn't show up at all.

seriously cdc go f*ck yourself

Difference between simply shooting and capitalizing it.
Difference between playing good D and playing terrible D
Difference between playing good for 60 minutes and playing good for last 5 minutes of every period
Whole team agrees on 5 on 5? How about their crappiness in special team? Wheres the PP?

If Canucks can score like Philly, Maybe Lu wouldnt have that .846% thats not even his fault.
Bryz is having a more awful stat and look where his team is at. Leading 2-0 against Penguins.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.