The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank U Luongo

Special Ed

After watching the first two games I need to get something off my chest. Obviously Luongo has come into the playoffs ready to play. The reason I'm angry is not so much that we lost, but that the team let Lu down.

I'm not sure what needs to be done but I hope everyone can acknowledge whats obvious. Lu wants it bad this year and his play has been STELLAR. What more do we need? Unfortunately I was expecting ryan Kesler to show up... AT LEAST in the playoffs. Im not sure Daniel in the lineup is a game changer. Sedins have no grit for the playoffs. Kassian not ready and Kesler being non existent is a huge problem.

Anyhow thank you Lu. The rest off the team should feel terrible for not taking advantage of what you have been doing. And that's giving us the best chance to win. I really hope everyone else notices that luongo is the only player who was ready. Only way we come back is if we get behind what Lu has been doing.

Keep luongo in net third game! Show the team clips of luongo working his ass off the last two games and tell everyone to step it up! Hopefully guys like Kesler get sick of seeing Lu making save after save and do something about it.

Rant mode off.

Team is hanging Luongo out to dry. The first two goals were disgusting turnovers, he had no chance on either one. The second, two he could have had, but it's also partly the teams fault for leaving guys wide open in front of the net and not battling hard enough in the crease area.

Luongos job is to keep the team in a game and from time to time steal a game for them. He was the one player heading into the playoffs with the most question marks and under the biggest microscope. He has stepped up and delivered everything that we could've asked for. He has give the Canucks a chance to win both game and the Canucks have responded by taking penalty after penalty and then wasting PP times setting absolutely nothing up. Edler has played so bad, I am shocked at this play. The team has let Luongo down. Its a shame to think that Schneider could start Game 3, as much as Luongo doesn't deserve to be pulled, it might be a reality. Hopefully the team responds and wakes the F up. This is embarassing.

Archived