The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank U Luongo

Special Ed

Why does the team play better in front of Schneider?

Is it Lou's BIG salary?

Was it he was chosen as the teams Captain? That was a Fail!

Is it that he fell apart against Chicago 2 years ago (remember Buffy)?

Was it his weak efforts in SCF games held in Boston last year and game 7 here?

Is it just that Vancouver is truly a goalie grave yard?

I don't have the answers but I think the team should go with Schneider next game just because they do seem to play better with him in the nets. It's not like AV has figured out the Kings moves as good as the Kings have figured out what we do.

We need to change something, No?

Mediocre at best? So what goal against him was he playing mediocre at best? The one from a rebound following a great toe toe save off kopitar on a SHORT HANDED GIVEAWAY, or the deke move from Brown on the SHORT HANDED BREAKAWAY, or the one that Salo put under his arm, or the one where both defencemen are face down @$$ up on the ice?

Yeah cause 4 goals on 26 shots is terrific! A whopping .846 sa% and 4gaa!! Sorry but no team is going to win with a goalie with those numbers, I'm not saying the team is playing good and it's just luongo but when they need a big save he's not there to make it, letting in a goal with 3min left in game 1, and 2 goals in the 3rd this game.

He's a good regular season goalie, but brutal in the playoffs. Setting records for letting in the most goals in a scf game, and another record for letting in the 4 fastest goals in a scf in game 7. He is a choker and always will be.

Why does the team play better in front of Schneider?

Is it Lou's BIG salary?

Was it he was chosen as the teams Captain? That was a Fail!

Is it that he fell apart against Chicago 2 years ago (remember Buffy)?

Was it his weak efforts in SCF games held in Boston last year and game 7 here?

Is it just that Vancouver is truly a goalie grave yard?

I don't have the answers but I think the team should go with Schneider next game just because they do seem to play better with him in the nets. It's not like AV has figured out the Kings moves as good as the Kings have figured out what we do.

We need to change something, No?

You really are a knob. Picture yourself sitting on the bench and watching Luongo play his heart out. Making amazing save after save. Ok now your turn get out there young Schneider. I mean... Get real. I love schneiderman as much as the next but use your head. Think about the pressure and that Lu is the guy we need right now.

bunch of positives from tonight's game, whole team agrees 5-5 was terrific, lot of confidence in pg interview going into game 3.

and all cdc wants to do is send luongo a thank you letter for his .846% sv and whine that no one showed up to play. i know right? 48 shots on goal. didn't show up at all.

seriously cdc go f*ck yourself

Well, nothing is going right except for Luongo. He's in the zone but not getting enough support.

PP not working is completely screwing them over. If the proverbial switch exists, game 3 is the time to flip it. I just hope we see a more determined team on Sunday.

Our forwards and defencemen aren't necessarily the problem - the only players who have played really badly so far are Edler and Salo, maybe even Hamhuis and Bieksa at times.

The reason our defence is making so many mistakes may be personel issues, but I have to give credit to the Kings coaching style. They're defending as a pack and attacking together and right now we're simply getting out-coached.

5-on-5 this team is far hungrier and more skilled than the Kings, but its a few defensive brain-farts and terrible plays on the special teams that is killing this Canucks squad's chances.

The reason the team plays better in front of Schneider is because the team isn't scattering all over the place trying to make up for luongos sloppy rebounds he lets straight out the middle. And they don't have to play goalie cause Schneider isn't always on his belly, I don't know how many goals Hamhuis has blocked this series when luongos been down and out, not to mention the lucky posts.

bunch of positives from tonight's game, whole team agrees 5-5 was terrific, lot of confidence in pg interview going into game 3.

and all cdc wants to do is send luongo a thank you letter for his .846% sv and whine that no one showed up to play. i know right? 48 shots on goal. didn't show up at all.

seriously cdc go f*ck yourself

As much as Luongo should start game 3, i hope Schneider gets the start so he can go in there and give the Canucks a different look. THis way, if the Canucks choke in front of Schneider, the media and CDC cannot blamed the goaltending which was a question mark heading into the playoffs.

Last year I was feeling the magic with Luongo in net. Unfortunately, he and the rest of the team couldn't get it done in the finals. This year I am feeling we have a better shot with Schneider in net. I feel bad for Luongo but I think putting Schneider in would be the best thing for the team.

Difference between simply shooting and capitalizing it.

Difference between playing good D and playing terrible D

Difference between playing good for 60 minutes and playing good for last 5 minutes of every period

Whole team agrees on 5 on 5? How about their crappiness in special team? Wheres the PP?

If Canucks can score like Philly, Maybe Lu wouldnt have that .846% thats not even his fault.

Bryz is having a more awful stat and look where his team is at. Leading 2-0 against Penguins.

hey guess what? i can say stupid pointless sh*t too. philly playing well? oh yeah leading 2-0 and their goalie sucks and lets forget that fleury has a .804% sv. oh and that quick dude? only a .946% sv. maybe that's why not all of our 48 shots aren't getting through? of course not. it's because we're not capitalizing. luongo losing sight of the puck and flopping like a fish on the wrap-around? of course D fault! always D fault. our D might as well play goalie.

hey guess what? i can say stupid pointless sh*t too. philly playing well? oh yeah leading 2-0 and their goalie sucks and lets forget that fleury has a .804% sv. oh and that quick dude? only a .946% sv. maybe that's why not all of our 48 shots aren't getting through? of course not. it's because we're not capitalizing. luongo losing sight of the puck and flopping like a fish on the wrap-around? of course D fault! always D fault. our D might as well play goalie.

Luongo has not been "stellar", save for the first period of first game. But he has been our best player. That says plenty about our team's readiness for this playoff run.

To those who during the season felt we were "saving ourselves" for the playoffs, that somehow pro athletes playing against tough competition of their calibre can somehow "turn on beast-mode" on a whim, this is exactly what many feared would happen because of our lackluster play and our unimaginative special teams.

Seriously if I have to see that drop pass 30feet backwards again I'll puke.

Sadly for you, it is the D fault. With the turnovers THAT STARTED THE WHOLE GOALS.

Please tell me, how many coverage were there on the wrap around goal? There were at least 3 players around Luongo and the puck STILL went in. Not only that but Lu made 2 saves before that goal.

LA had more, yet better scoring chances compare to the Canucks. Even though they had less shots. It really say something about the team's piss poor effort.

And what are you saying, Philly IS playing well or at least showing up in terms of offense

Archived