The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank U Luongo

Special Ed

Gee...people think the team plays better in front of Schneider when in fact they give up a few xtra shots per game on Schneids !! The team has better results with Schneids because hes a better goalie you dim wits !! To say Lou has been stellar to fine is pathetic !!

He loses the basics under pressure...does not seal off the net in scrambles...ends up on his stomach or ass because he loses his balance. His stats were so far behind Schneider this season you needed binoculars to find them.

We are not playing our best goalie and are not giving the teams and fans the best opportunity to win....you can only go so far with the sentimental favourite...Thanks for nothing Lou !! Bet my house its Schneider in goal for game 3 !! The only option !

Gee...people think the team plays better in front of Schneider when in fact they give up a few xtra shots per game on Schneids !! The team has better results with Schneids because hes a better goalie you dim wits !! To say Lou has been stellar to fine is pathetic !!He loses the basics under pressure...does not seal off the net in scrambles...ends up on his stomach or ass because he loses his balance. His stats were so far behind Schneider this season you needed binoculars to find them.We are not playing our best goalie and are not giving the teams and fans the best opportunity to win....you can only go so far with the sentimental favourite...Thanks for nothing Lou !! Bet my house its Schneider in goal for game 3 !! The only option !

uhhhhh another one of these threads.

Let me teach you a story about "Great Goaltending."

This is one thing every team needs to win the STanley cup. Hell Boston needed it badly. There were many times were the other team out played out chance, out "classed" the Bruins. Sometimes they lost, but most of the time, they won, those times, they were bailed out by Thomas.

Luongo was not "Great" the first 2 games. He was "good" but not great. You can't tell me he was Great.

In a 2-2 game, I expect him to keep it at 2-2 at all costs and run it into over time. He didn't. He let in the game winner and a terrible time.

He also let in the 1st goal late in the 1st. W.T.F????? NOt exactly the best time to let a goal in. Am I expecting him to stop everything? And get 16 shut outs? No, I am expecting him to play exceptional? Yes. Thats my expectation for Luongo. I expect him to play great, steal a game for us every now and then. Yes, Steal a game, as most great goalies do for their team. Right now, he is just "good" but you guys have now lowered your expectations for Luongo, it's really sad, you guys blame the team in front of him, which I think has played poorly, but I think we chances to win those games, if we had great goaltending. Doesn't make great saves anymore, he's really sad, overpaid, he;s being scolled by Jonathan Quick, no doubt that, now that is great goaltending.

Of course to an extent, I expect the team to play well too. We don't know, maybe it's all this (Playing from behind) that is effecting us. Playing from behind because the goaltending lets in the go ahead goals on and on.??

I don't know, he is good, but not great. If we get out played 2 straight games, I expect our goalie to steal one. Again it comes down to goals allowed. YOu know if he didn't allow the 1st period goal, we go into the 2nd period 0-0. Who knows, what happens, we score the 1st, goal BAM! We have the lead, L.A needs to play out of their comfort zone! We might capitalze on their errors, and bam, 2-0. Now they screwed!

Just stuff like this, Luongo was good, not great. Should kept it 2-2 at least into playoffs, I take a o.t loss over a game winning goal scored on us with 3 minutes left.

Mediocre at best? So what goal against him was he playing mediocre at best? The one from a rebound following a great toe toe save off kopitar on a SHORT HANDED GIVEAWAY, or the deke move from Brown on the SHORT HANDED BREAKAWAY, or the one that Salo put under his arm, or the one where both defencemen are face down @$$ up on the ice?

1. Your proof is purely speculation, not fact. It&amp;#39;s speculation based on the insight of a biased fan. Luongo is a better goalie because.. you believe so? Where is your proof?</p>

2. Luongo has been stellar these last two games. Which game were you watching? He&amp;#39;s played positionally well. To lay fault on him for our team giving up two short-handed goals is a laughing matter.

3. Luongo has been one of the best players out on the ice these last two games, to think otherwise just proves you haven't been watching the games.

Jumping to the shot totals, instead of looking at the quality of chances proves alone that you know little about the sport you're watching. Not going to bother commenting any further, it's not worth my time.

I spent two hours last night and an hour and a half this morning going over my recorded games involving Luongo Vrs Schneider. What I discovered is a display of which goalie has the confidence of the Canuck players is an invitation for the player/goaltenders to be injured.

Luongo also has a terrible flaw of not being able to move laterally across the goal crease with any speed. He also tends to over play his angel cut offs when he does move laterally and cannot recover to move to the other side of the crease. He also has a terrible habit of falling to his stomach to spread his legs as far apart as possible. This puts him out of position completley and does not allow him enough time to recover for the higher shots. The most alarming factor is that the Canuck players are now diving behind Luongo when they see him go down to his stomach. To me, this shows a lack of confidence in their goal tender.

"Schneider" has great lateral movement and rarely falls to to his stomach in an attempt to make a save. He stays on his knees and upright and is able to stop the secondary shots that are coming in high and is ready for most rebounds.

Schneider's speed when moving laterally is near twice as fast as Luongo. Luongo is a very good goalie "when he remains upright" on his knees. Schneider's blocker hand is a bit faster than Luongo's; however, he allows more rebounds off his blocker that end up in the danger zone.

Just some observations about the two goalies. You can like them or reject them; however, these observations are easy to confirm by recording a few games and playing them back.

Holy hyperbole batman, people need to chill.

BTW couldn't help noticing there's a whole lot of stupid around here. Guess it comes with the territory.

As for people citing shot totals, Ws and Ls, as if this gave proof of your superior knowledge of which goalie is better, you should know that you're embarrassing yourselves... though you probably remain blissfully unaware of that, and this post has likely pumped up the adrenaline that convinces you of just how smart you really are.

Peace out.

Elfloppo will not give the canucks a chance to win playoff hockey. He is too mentally fragile and lacks the ability to put more than one save together without ending up on his belly,back or loosing his stick. Now Schneider can give the Canucks what they need but AV needs to start coaching and motivating the team!

it is funny when people say "oh but look at quick, he had to face 48 shots and luongo 26!!" The difference is, most of LA's shots were legit scoring chances. Most of the Canuck's shots were absolute crap.

If it wasn't for Luongo, both games would have been blowouts. Luongo shouldn't even have to make any saves during a PP. Its also really pathetic watching the d-men fall onto luongo twice yesterday. Lu makes saves on two of the goals and expects his d-men to clear the puck, but instead, the d-men just sit on him and watch the puck go into the net.

it is funny when people say "oh but look at quick, he had to face 48 shots and luongo 26!!" The difference is, most of LA's shots were legit scoring chances. Most of the Canuck's shots were absolute crap.

If it wasn't for Luongo, both games would have been blowouts. Luongo shouldn't even have to make any saves during a PP. Its also really pathetic watching the d-men fall onto luongo twice yesterday. Lu makes saves on two of the goals and expects his d-men to clear the puck, but instead, the d-men just sit on him and watch the puck go into the net.

Archived